Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 straight penalties on BC that have resulted in two 5 on 3s for Maine. 5 on 5 please!

Comment

• Newhook has looked awesome tonight. The jump and assertiveness look all the way back. The line isn’t clicking 100% yet but he’s been really good. It’s like he’s been shot out of a cannon all night. Really fun to watch him play like this

Comment

• That's the biggest thing you always hear about him, the energy he brings.

Comment

• January Hypothesis: Newhook's return will be huge for this team.
          Verdict: True.

Have to say Casey Carreau has been an absolutely revelation this season. I don't think anyone could have predicted that. I know Newhook sticking that puck right up Maine's azz is the big play but Carreau may have been the best player for BC tonight.

Izyk looked good. Tough decisions every night with him healthy now. May have a rotation of sorts?

Nesterenko and Ambrosio are a threat every shift; feels like a good season for them could blow up into great at any moment. McBain has blown up, with any luck he'd have 15 goals instead of 5 but the faceoff wins plus the 2-way play plus the offensive zone presence has been flat-out impressive.

Need to work on the penalties... First period was nothing but foolish penalties (four?). The two third period penalties that gave Maine a 5x3 goal were hideous and the league should be ashamed (first one was allowed all night including on the same exact spot of the ice when McBain was crosschecked in the 2nd period and the last one simply was not a penalty at all). Penalties are the only thing that has me worried. They hit stretches where they stopped taking dumb penalties (last weekend was one stretch) and their wins came much easier. If/when they lose in single elimination playoffs, it will be because of penalties. I'd bet my house on that.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• That ended a 5 game losing streak to Maine

Comment

• Izyk did look good and Carreau got player of the game by Andy Powers. What upsets me about the penalties is the ones not called on Maine. Hooking and holding all over the ice. With the exception of one really bad turnover at center ice by Andres, BC could have shut Maine out 5 x 5.

I’m hopeful with the way Carreau played tonight along with Izyk and the continued strong play by Kuntar that we will have 4 strong lines for the playoffs. It’s starting to come together.

I heard that BU only had one available goalie tonight and that is way their game was canceled. It does not make any sense when they will have enough goalies to play tomorrow night.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                I heard that BU only had one available goalie tonight and that is way their game was canceled. It does not make any sense when they will have enough goalies to play tomorrow night.
                Do they have a club team to call up an emergency goalie from? BC has done that many times in the past, this season included. Seems like a good idea going forward during the pandemic.
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                  Izyk did look good and Carreau got player of the game by Andy Powers. What upsets me about the penalties is the ones not called on Maine. Hooking and holding all over the ice. With the exception of one really bad turnover at center ice by Andres, BC could have shut Maine out 5 x 5.

I’m hopeful with the way Carreau played tonight along with Izyk and the continued strong play by Kuntar that we will have 4 strong lines for the playoffs. It’s starting to come together.

Go Eagles!
                  BC dressed a club goalie when Knight was at WJC and Moffatt was injured. Not sure why that couldn't have been done.

Comment

• Agree on Carreau was terrific, as he has been through the year. He drew the penalty that led to the winnng goal and assisted on the tying goal. Great night.It is nice to see a guy come back put in the work, get better and get recognized for it. He is older and stronger now and he has another year. How about Boldy channeling Ryan Shannon with the spin o rama, even better because he did from the side and in tight. Maine goalie must have said, "did he just do that"? The Freshman make me happy, they are good.
                    Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-20-2021, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Wonder if they would consider resting Knight today. Game is at 5. If they're ever gonna do it today would be the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Wonder if they would consider resting Knight today. Game is at 5. If they're ever gonna do it today would be the day.
                        Honestly I hope not. Too tight of a race to be playing around and since we now have to play solve the equation to figure out if we're in first place or not - esp with a bad team at home again - I think it's best to go with Knight.

I don't know if the 2 hour difference in recovery time makes a big difference to a kid that age anyway.

Comment

• Rest him ? For what to be ready to play Vermont next Friday? Scores 5 goals in the first and then put Wilder in. BTW the last time BC scored five goals in the first Brian Gionta was on our team. INcredible, the last one came at the buzzer. Michaud was frozen in the crease. He scored every which way. Walsh's hair was on fire, quite a sight.

Comment

• He's in there, same lineup as last night.

Comment

• Tremendous effort tonight overall and that showed up on 2 of the goals which were greasy greasy goals with relentless work in and around the net by all 3 forwards (how about the captain battling at the top of the crease for the first goal?). With any luck this could have been one of those TD + FG kind of games.

The bad: Penalties. Forget about penalties and focus on BAD PENALTIES. Those account for probably 95% of the penalties BC takes. Foolish stuff. I do wonder if Kuntar is going to play himself into the doghouse.

The good: Killing off the 5x3. The energy out of the gate. The resiliency. I liked the way the team responded to the weirder parts of the game.

The hit on Roy (and honestly you wonder if he took his 5 minute penalty looked for a big hit) really almost flipped this game upside down. Good clean hit but Maine might want to being good at hockey in other ways because it clearly isn't going to help them win many games. After that hit it got a little weird, they got another big hit on Newhook I think around the same spot on the ice a few minutes later, and it seemed to give Maine some life and put BC on their heels temporarily.

Four good lines that they can roll all night long. This team is deep and Izyk adds another quality player into the mix.

Carreau and McBain continue to really bring it. Just super impressive what they're doing out there. Giles is playing some of his best hockey lately as well.

Comment

• The 5on 3 could have been a disaster particularly when their keeper was playing out of his gourd, if they score there who knows how the game winds up. Knight makes such a difference, they can play the aggressive offensive game with him back there. All four lines are playing very well. Priming for the trophy season.

Comment

Working...
                                X