X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/BCHockey/status/...383197184?s=19

Nice touch from Hutsko

Comment

• Loved watching that kid play. His college career will always be unfulfilled. The end of last year was a huge disappointment for him I am sure as well as for all the other players. Losing him half way through this season is a real blow to the team and to the fans, although I can't blame him for that. Goalies in HE are breathing a sign of relief. Good luck to him, hope he can get over the injury jinx. Classy tweet, seems like a guy you want to be in your foxhole when things get tough.
      Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-12-2021, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Take the lead, get a PP chance 9 seconds after taking the lead and give up a SHG.

Comment

• They look good tonight through 20. Skating and passing. Appears they may have actually practiced this week.

Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Some breathing room tonight! That's what can happen if you convert on the PP.

Comment

• And first two goals of the year for Newhook. Their best hockey is ahead of them.

Comment

• Ice tilted in their favor tonight, skating hard and getting in front of the net. Uncharacteristic defensive lapses for UML. CLose them out tomorrow.

Comment

• Excellent 60 minute effort; thorough domination over UML. Skating and passing happened. Eagle hockey.

I think UML is fairly terrible (surprising given that even when they are not great, Bazin typically has a super difficult team to play against) but you play who you play and you need to make the most of these games and get the W and build off of it. The Lee kid is a handful and could have a good career ahead of him if he keeps improving.

Newhook coming back has indeed dramatically improved the PP.

Even without Hutsko, a title is still in play. The Hutsko news is just a huge bummer. The kid deserved better. Hell of a player.
                  Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 02-12-2021, 08:55 PM.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• They showed up tonight, 100% effort. Still need to clean up some defensive mistakes, but it was the best game they have played since the start of the season. Losing Hutsko seemed to really motivate the entire team. The first line played up to their potential. Kuntar and Giles played very well. I’m really high on Kuntar being a major factor the rest of the way.

The HEA formula has a major flaw not taking into consideration the overall number of games played. It’s ridiculous that BU is in first place, getting rewarded for play as few games as possible. Very weak 1-0 win over UVM enables them to jump BC, despite BC crushing UML 7-1.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Even without Hutsko, a title is still in play..
                      Hea? Ok.
                      but — Ncaa?
                      mookie loves the enthusiasm, but it’s still been 2016 since the igles last even made the tournament.... please don’t go all nu on us!!! :^)
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I'm not too concerned with the HEPI. The formula hasn't been released so isn't it possible GP is a component? More concerned with how BC is playing. The top line produced tonight like end of last year. If they lead the team like that, no doubt in my mind they are the best team in Hockey East. Where they finish in HEPI doesn't really matter to me (unless the NCAA tells the leagues to figure out their NCAA tournament teams).

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                          They showed up tonight, 100% effort. Still need to clean up some defensive mistakes, but it was the best game they have played since the start of the season. Losing Hutsko seemed to really motivate the entire team. The first line played up to their potential. Kuntar and Giles played very well. I’m really high on Kuntar being a major factor the rest of the way.

The HEA formula has a major flaw not taking into consideration the overall number of games played. It’s ridiculous that BU is in first place, getting rewarded for play as few games as possible. Very weak 1-0 win over UVM enables them to jump BC, despite BC crushing UML 7-1.

Go Eagles!
                          How is BU being "rewarded"? Does less games played add something to the ranking? Of course not. What you really mean is, "why isn't BU being penalized for not playing as many games?" Why should the number of games matter? I mean if it's 3 or 4 games, I could see it potentially being a little much. But BU has played 9 games (will be 10 after tonight), and they have taken series from BC and UMass. It's not like they have only played Maine and Merrimack. And besides, the formula is taking into consideration who they are playing.

And perhaps you didn't mean it the way I read it, but it's a little insulting to these kids who have stuck with the program, despite having to sit by and watch all these other teams play games, to say they have played as few games as possible. As if that is part of a plan.

And I agree with JD - I think BC is the best team in the league. Last night was a show of what they can do. They always play well down the stretch. BU is better than expected, and may be the second best team. Maybe this formula gets BU home ice for the HE Championship game if they get that far, but it's not like home ice is a big advantage this year.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Now that was as satisfying as a Snickers. More of that please.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Hea? Ok.
                              but — Ncaa?
                              mookie loves the enthusiasm, but it’s still been 2016 since the igles last even made the tournament.... please don’t go all nu on us!!! :^)
                              Say what you will Mookie, but you know that BC team last year was a legit contender. They got robbed by the season not ending along with a handful of other top teams from last year. Not saying they would have won it all, but it wouldn't have been any sort of huge surprise if they had.
                              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                              BC - 12
                              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Everything is different this year but BC has the talent to get to the end and they have Knight who is just top shelf. He made a pass out of the crease to set up a 2 on 1 that turned into a goal. Everyone looked fresher and more primed to play last night. BTW Mookie in 2016 BC went to the FF, didn't win but the next day they lost 7 players who left early. Set them back a bit but last year and this year they have shown themselves to be good, very good. We are in the middle of Feb and Newhook scored his first goals last night. Look out for that guy.
                                Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-13-2021, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X