X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...U-Freshman.php

That has some York quotes

Comment

• Let's not start going down the coaching change road, the boo birds did that three years ago about York. He is just fine and so is his staff. This team is good, lots of high end talent, BU is good, lots of high end talent. BU was better this week end. The PP is a work in progress, more shorthanded goals than PP goals but there are still a lot of Freshman adjusting to this level. I think whatever is left of the season BC and BU will be at the top of the heap in HE at the end. W Luke Tuch is a load, he would look good in Maroon and Gold.

Comment

• York has had a lot of success with brothers, I never really paid attention to what happened with Luke Tuch. Whether BC was in on him and he wanted to do his own thing or if York felt spurned by Alex leaving after two years and stayed away. Very rare to see a BC/BU split on brothers! I remember it happening with the Kelleher brothers.

Comment

• The freshmen have been even better than I anticipated. They have really done their part and more so far. Especially Powell, Nesterenko and Ambrosio.

The only point I was making about the staff is who is in charge of the PP? If I remember correctly even down the stretch last year the PP wasn't great. With St. Ivany, Warren, Helleson, Powell, Newhook, Boldy etc...there's really no excuse for the PP to not become a strength down the stretch. Up to the coaches to find the right system and combinations.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            The only point I was making about the staff is who is in charge of the PP? If I remember correctly even down the stretch last year the PP wasn't great.
            I feel like every year we complain serially about the PP around this time of the season. Statistically this is one of the worst we've seen in probably 30 years, but I am actually confident they will get it going.

FWIW, I'm not sure who got all high and mighty about the great teams out West but Wisconsin ran a train on #2 Minnesota this weekend. Every year we hear about the great teams out West from someone and then show up and run them out of the building in the NCAAs usually so let's not forget the history here. BC is bringing the C- game every weekend and went on like a 7-game undefeated streak through last night. The biggest question to me is if that nice start to the season was just a lucky set of performances or if this is their norm now.

If they can actually improve and practice things like passing and receiving passes they'll be fine.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Probably somewhere in between. I think they will find another gear with Newhook back but they might not be able to match the chemistry they had with the top two lines last year. But at the same time McLaughlin has stepped up his game and could be mixed into a top six role if it comes to that. More difficult to find that chemistry with Hutsko out but they still have a balanced, deep team. No reason they shouldn't keep winning games even if deemed ugly compared to last season.

Comment

• It’s more the 2nd and 3rd lines they should try different combinations with. Kuntar is an important piece. He usually wins the battles along the boards and behind the net and he has a good shot. It will come together.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

There is one intriguing thing about the staff. You have a former goalie and two stay at home dmen. That might not mean much in the end but does make you wonder who is in charge of the PP.
                  I'm not looking for coaching changes with the assistants but as coaches the assistants on the bench should make the guys aware of the penalties that hurt especially too many men penalties, and taking unnecessary penalties that have hurt BC.

Even the BU broadcasters noted how BC always stayed high on the PP making it easy to defence and predictable for BU to figure out.

Surely as coaches you have to observe and take notes on what works and what doesn't in situations. Looking on the 5 minute PP for BC there was no sense of urgency and it looked really nonchalant and sloppy. BU for the most part didn't looked fazed by what BC was doing and BC never really put a lot of pressure working the PP. Then to take a penalty to negate the last minute of the PP is another example of poor hockey sense.

The PP has looked pathetic for quite a spell

Like someone said back to basics on passing and skating and decisions with the puck. They need to get with it.

It doesn't excuse BC with players out because BU had key players out too.

What it does say is the players on the ice and on the bench need to step it up and play smarter hockey and not just go through the motions at times
                  NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Hutsko, out for season with injury, signs with Panthers. I loved watching him.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• He's too brittle for pro hockey but certainly a big loss. Better to get this news now rather than the players thinking he's coming back at some point. There is still enough talent to make a FF run. Need Knight on the top of his game and Newhook to lead the way up front.

Comment

• Without Hutsko, BC will focus more on defense. With Knight this team can hold teams to 1-2 GAA every game. They have plenty of offensive talent to take advantage of their opponents mistakes without pressing and getting caught giving up odd man rushes. This style has won many NCAA games for BC over the years. Let’s hope everyone now feels a sense of urgency knowing Hutsko is gone. They might have to split up Boldy & Newhook.

The other thing I want to comment on is the HEA standings. Overall, I like the formula, but the one flaw is not discounting too few games BU has played. Looks like an interesting tournament, hopefully BC gets the RS title and home ice throughout.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• With every game being single elimination it will be even more wide open. Would be nice to play in your own rink though. UNH allowing 500 students at next game, is that something BC could consider? Or are they at the mercy of dictator Baker?

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                            Hutsko, out for season with injury, signs with Panthers. I loved watching him.
                            Ouch. That is a big loss.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Loved watching that kid play. His college career will always be unfulfilled. The end of last year was a huge disappointment for him I am sure as well as for all the other players. Losing him half way through this season is a real blow to the team and to the fans, although I can't blame him for that. Goalies in HE are breathing a sign of relief. Good luck to him, hope he can get over the injury jinx.

Comment

• UML on the docket. A team that has given BC fits. A split here wouldn't surprise me at all. Game is on NESN+.

Comment

Working...
                                X