Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have wondered about Izyk. He had been wearing red jersey at practice but haven't heard anything about him. Figured he'd get some 4th line duty over Shamburger but maybe he's still injured. The Weight-Roy-Carreau line has been good recently so we might not see him at all this year.

Comment

• Newhook returns and....

Hutsko is out...lol

Maybe it's time to let him rest for a couple weeks.

Comment

• Win, lose, tie, whatever, just wanted to say those black Under Armour jackets worn by your coaches on the bench are stylin’.

Comment

• So um Drew Helleson...he's taking flight

Comment

• What a move, I think BU relaxed just a bit and didn't expect him to make the move to the net. Incredible finish.

Comment

• Extremely pretty goal by Helleson (there's like 2.3 seconds left when the goal is scored, stops briefly at 1.8, then rolls to .1 and stops lol) and the rest was kinda meh/ugly. Penalties continue to kill these guys. Not all that upset with the final interference penalty, awkward pass/play Kuntar just tried to handle it and ran out of room. And yes they were missing a tremendous player in Hutsko but basically played BU's JV team (they are pretty good). They brought their A game, BC brought their C- game and still won.

Need to work on passing, everything revolves around it and it holds back the speed of these guys.

Newhook changes the game on the PP. He looked good and healthy ... and dangerous. Need to rest Hutsko until he's 100%.

3-on-3 overtime is terrible. Whoever dreamed up this idea should be taken out back behind the shed and given the Old Yeller treatment.
              Originally posted by reBlur
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Before Helleson scored i was typing how I hated 3 on 3 OT. The take the puck out to the neutral zone to regroup is boring. Sure you get the occasional exciting chance but overall I think it blows.

Comment

• I don't know if it was intentional and he tried lulling BU to sleep but Helleson sure as hell looked like he was content with going to the shootout. I thought he was just running the clock out in the d zone and then all of a sudden he's scoring a buzzer beater. Maybe he saw something late or is it possible he knew how much time he needed for literally one chance on goal? Just an incredible play.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    I don't know if it was intentional and he tried lulling BU to sleep but Helleson sure as hell looked like he was content with going to the shootout. I thought he was just running the clock out in the d zone and then all of a sudden he's scoring a buzzer beater. Maybe he saw something late or is it possible he knew how much time he needed for literally one chance on goal? Just an incredible play.
                    I'm guessing he wanted to make a push where if there was a turnover there wouldn't be enough time for BU to score.

Comment

• Heights recap says Hutsko will miss significant time with ankle sprain. I am guessing that could be a month. Then that gets tricky as to where you put him that late in the season. We'll see how that plays out but at least Newhook is back. If he can help elevate the PP there's no reason they can't keep

Comment

• Originally posted by cridge View Post

I'm guessing he wanted to make a push where if there was a turnover there wouldn't be enough time for BU to score.
                        Agreed. I was watching the clock and basically knew what Helleson was doing. Which is why I was so frustrated that Fensore couldn't figure it out and force him to go wide, which would have likely required a pass to another Eagle to get a SOG (which there probably wasn't enough time for).
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Totally agree on 3 on 3, it is like five minutes of fun at the end of practice. Fensore had a brain freeze I think because he thought there wasn't enough time and the game was over, Helleson with speed shifts right by him. WHoops. That one is going to leave a mark, tonight will be another tight one. Can Hustko get a break ? If he is out for a month it is a real loss. I do like the way Ambrosino and Nesterenko are playing, they are not Freshmen. Kuntar is good as well, plays like a bull. It was a bad too many men penalty, BC has had a number of those this year when they never had any in prior years. Need to clean that up.

Comment

• Well, that was exciting no? Just an incredible, incredible play by Helleson, who is really coming into his own. I thought he played great in the WJC and it's carried over.

On the other hand, they let a significantly handicapped BU team play them blow for blow. I know Hutsko was out, but Farrance was out and you have to think that hurts BU more than BC, given the rest of their rosters. It really should not have been the struggle it was. And the penalties. Boy do I hate too many men penalties, a pure lack of discipline. And that almost cost them the game. And Kuntar needs to realize he can't put himself in that position with the way referees are protective of the goalie. If you end up into the goalie, you are getting a penalty, simple as that.

Glad they got the win, but they were fortunate.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Just look back to last year when BC blew the Beanpot game against BU. By the end of the season BC was primed for a run. These games are always close. So despite BU being shorthanded, BC won the game. Without Hutsko, I think we're going to continue to see a lot of close games. We'll be saying they aren't playing their best but still finding ways to win. Newhook is the key now. If that line plays like they did last year and he helps the PP like he did in setting up Boldy last night, they'll be in good shape. With the way the 4th line has played, addition of St. Ivany...it's a deep team.

Comment

• McInnis taking an interference penalty while on the BCPP in the Ozone while we were in control of the puck. One of the dumbest penalties I have ever seen that did not involve retaliation. Turned the game around and still is painful to think about.
                                Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-06-2021, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X