Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there's 2 feet of snow another possible cancellation (( The positive no fans and no traffic should make the bus ride to Matthews easier to park and play
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• BU series is back on this weekend. Too bad about Levi, he was terrific at WJC’s. Madigan has built NU into a good program.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• 6-2 win over NU

Hopefully they can continue the streak this weekend

PP finally scored a goal
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• It was great seeing the team mob Karol after his first career goal!
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• What a night for Karow. Reminds me of last season's hat trick by Greco.

Didn't get to see the entirety of this one. Boldy's SH breakaway was everything but the tap-in (at a high rate of speed mind you). He had half a net to put it into after freezing the goalie - really would have put the game away earlier but they did a nice job nailing this one shut.

Real nice laser from Warren.

Tough to tell how good or not good NU is. Their goaltending is certainly not what it was with Primeau.

Still a few too many penalties (including the first one which was not good). Absolutely need to get the PP figured out for BU this weekend. Need to keep the emotions in check and just play smart hockey.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• We will see if they're good as their ranking

BU will be one of their test down the stretch though only 6 games, BU looks good so far

Comment

• NU has some really good players and they were handicapped without Levi, they just don't have the depth, so their 3rd and 4th lines can't take enough minutes to give the top 6 a rest. Ice was tilted to BC in the third.

Comment

• Gotta give props to Karow. Great seeing him get mobbed by his teammates. And let's be honest, he's having a very nice season (+12) and has made a ton of progress. Took him 2+ seasons to get going - maybe some guys were getting ice time that shouldn't have been? (OK I'll behave)

Interesting to look at the stats overall. McLaughlin is your leading scorer in both goals (8) and points (14) right now. Not Hutsko, not Boldy, not Newhook (let's just add him in the postseason and let him heal 100% at this point). Boldy, Nesterenko and Hutsko all 1 PPG clip in addition to the captain.
                  Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 02-03-2021, 08:51 AM.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• A few more fun facts:
                    -17 skaters have now scored a goal this season in 13 games.
                    -The entire roster*, save for two players (Shamberger and Agnew), has at least a point (Both Knight and Wilder have an assist).

*Excluding Farhat since he has not played and was added from the club team on a mostly emergency basis.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Was coming to post about McLaughlin. He has REALLY elevated his game. Leads the team in scoring and not even playing with the top guys. Shorthanded goals, game winning goals...he's doing it all. I did not expect this type of production from him. Scored right after NU tied the game. He's developing into a potential all Hockey East type player.

The reaction to Karow's goal was awesome. That is the sign of a tight team. I wouldn't expect them all to know he hadn't scored a goal in his career. Unless of course he's constantly chirped about it at practice lol.

Can't imagine anyone in the country will be getting a "trade deadline" acquisition like Newhook. I think you slot him in with Boldy and Hardman. And he should immediately help the PP.

The tournament could be an old school one this year with Minnesota, North Dakota, BC, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Duluth all very much in the mix. Even "old" powers like Michigan Tech and Bowling Green could be in depending on how they pick the field.

Comment

• I seem to recall McLaughlin coming to BC with a reputation as a guy who would be a top 6 guy and be productive offensively, so it seems the potential was already there. It's nice to see him putting it all together with the "C" on his jersey.
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Not seeing the Hustko we saw at the beginning of the year, hasn't had a goal in awhile. Need to get him going, he has serious skills and is a clutch player.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                            Not seeing the Hustko we saw at the beginning of the year, hasn't had a goal in awhile. Need to get him going, he has serious skills and is a clutch player.
                            He's had a couple knocks so far and also, easy to forget he played with Cotton and Mattila for 3 years. McBain is a solid depth player but doesn't have the skill of Cotton. Could see some line tinkering. I would consider Ambrosio and Hutsko together. Agree though, they need Hutsko going strong down the stretch.

Comment

• I am sure No 9 is a topic of conversation for other teams and the plan is to keep him off the board so he is a defensive focus. Boldy has emerged which is great and some of the Freshmen are really developing, Hustko needs Newhook back, that should give him a little more room in the Ozone. Looking forward to seeing how they play this week end.

Comment

• Any word on Izyk?

Solid win over NU. PP was better with Boldy back down low by the net like he was at the WJC.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Working...
                                X