Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know they're ranked 1st, but if anyone watched the North Dakota-Denver game the other night (on CBS Sports) there is little doubt how BC would fare against North Dakota right now...not well.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Also, they still can't stop taking stupid penalties and the PP is probably the worst I've ever seen in 23 years.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• They always seem play poorly this time of the year. Spurts of good play followed by long periods of chasing the puck and taking lazy penalties.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I think I read the Super Bowl might be doing this but maybe you could let vaccinated first responders, frontline workers etc into the games for free. Serve em beer. Just a thought.
          I would love to see things like this happen if the science demonstrates that once vaccinated you cannot be a transmitter.

Comment

• Always have a tough time with UCONN, couple of posts as well. Good for the 4th line, two goals. Tomorrow is another game. The additional point is not important, giving up two goals in the last 5 minutes is very concerning.

Comment

• They’ve been playing like this for a long time and they look like they’re just going through the motions at times

They are playing like a careless team

UNH is flopping yet they found a way to lose to them

Hopefully they can snap out of it

They’re playing like they’re read their press clippings and don’t need to play hard and smart

They are not a number one team and don’t play like one

I hope someone on the team reads this and wakes everyone up
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Since UConn is playing in a high school rink you can actually see live humans scattered around the stands

Comment

• How is it possible for them to be under 10% on the PP? With all the close games that will be a real killer if they don't figure it out.

Comment

• Maybe they can hold onto a 3-1 lead in the 3rd period this time...
                    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                    BC - 12
                    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Just did the math. After today's game BC is 4/46 on PP...8.7%

They have been shorthanded 53 times and have 6 SHG...scoring 11.3% of time

Comment

• Bad first period. Great second period. Pretty good third period.

Something needs to done about the ghastly penalty they called on Kuntar. Vomacka literally went out of his way to trip him, flopped and it almost cost us a game again. I'd hope the league takes some action on the officials for calling that. Absolutely unreal an official could fall for something like that.

We need a goon to handle dopes like Karashik (dirty both nights) and Capone (might be the most overhyped worthless player since John Sabo).

A few posts + the Weight bid into Vomacka's glove prevented this from being a much different game.

They stopped taking penalties which made life easier. Passing is still sloppy generally. Decisions under pressure not great and Yukon forced the issue all weekend.

St. Ivany is our best player on the ice lately aside from Knight. He is way better than advertised even disregarding his big ENG today.

3.5 wins in 4 games the past two weeks. None were easy, they are sloppy and have plenty to work on. The PP is still terrible. Everything is there to go all the way, just have to hope they get back to early season form and get Newhook back.
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• They keep saying Newhook is close. I have to believe next weekend is a go.

Big props to 4th line, all those guys have chipped in offense lately. Carreau is a pretty cool story. When he left BC and went to USHL I never thought he'd be back at BC.

Comment

• At 9-2-1 officially, that's a solid .792 win percentage. We saw what they were capable of early in the season so I think that's why there's some frustration plus last night's 3rd period mess. Hopefully they are learning lessons along the way with the tough battles the past two weeks (and before with 4 of our 5 best players out at WJC), playing with a less-than-100% lineup and the penalty situation.

Comment

• St. Ivany is getting better every game. Remember, he had not played a game in about 9-10 months. You can see him getting more comfortable and stronger every game. I would like to see Andres get more playing time. We still get caught running around our defensive zone too much. Kuntar has been a great addition as well.

Newhook should be back this weekend. He should help the power play. They moved Boldy from the front of the net since his return. I expect eventually he will be back in front of the net like he was at the WJC.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Just did the math. After today's game BC is 4/46 on PP...8.7%

They have been shorthanded 53 times and have 6 SHG...scoring 11.3% of time
                                Was just gonna post about 6 SOG’s and 4 PP’s after 12 games, it’s mind blowing . Jerry will fix it.........Both men’s and women’s hockey, even when both were killin it, have struggled with Yukon since they’ve been in HE .

Comment

Working...
                                X