Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would like BC’s chances against UVA, but that game could be 25 or more years away!

Karrow is much improved. I really like his game. Kuntar is another excellent addition to this team. I agree on Lovell, but hopefully he contributes on offense.

The video replay was not working on that hit on Powell. Nasty elbow to the head, should have been 5 minute major.

UConn again this weekend, two 4 pm starts. Should be very interesting given the first two games.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• I am not at all surprised that Hutsko scores that tying goal, wicked shot off a O zone face off. He is one of my favorite players in recent years, when you need a big play he is there. The shot by MacLaughlin just incredible, no room at the goal line, boom, game over. Merrimack is not a 1-8 team, they have a pretty good top six and some good defensemen. Still away to go but they are improved even if their record doesn't show it. Winning two games against UConn is not going to be easy, hope that Newhook is back, WJH and injuries have really put a downer on his season. Need him back.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
        I would like BC’s chances against UVA, but that game could be 25 or more years away!

Karrow is much improved. I really like his game. Kuntar is another excellent addition to this team. I agree on Lovell, but hopefully he contributes on offense.

The video replay was not working on that hit on Powell. Nasty elbow to the head, should have been 5 minute major.

UConn again this weekend, two 4 pm starts. Should be very interesting given the first two games.

Go Eagles!
        You mean Warren I think

Kuntar was a top recruit for HU and not that surprised he's contributing ) Also Colby Ambrosio is lighting it. Hopefully Newhook will be healthy soon.

Let's see how BC plays UCONN now that the players missing are back from the world jr games.

Looking for them to cut down on penalties and improve on their passing and decision making with the puck. They look a bit sloppy at times and careless when they cough the puck up
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• I meant Warren. I got those names on D messed up.

This will be an interesting series against UConn. Any update on Newhook?

Hutsko is my favorite player because he is a playmaker. He is a threat to score whenever he is on the ice. His passing is excellent.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
            I am not at all surprised that Hutsko scores that tying goal, wicked shot off a O zone face off.
            I kind of missed mentioning this... Not sure how long you've been watching BC hockey but this Hutsko goal was a carbon copy goal from another BC legend. 1998 HE final vs Maine 3rd period GWG. Reasoner won a faceoff back to the another right-hander, Brian Gionta, who was switched to the left side of the faceoff for this very reason. Similar to this one, the faceoff was to the right of the goalie (Alfie Michaud) and just a quick collection of the puck and a rip in one motion. That came literally on the faceoff after a BC goal was waved off. Those were fun times.
            Originally posted by reBlur
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Merrimack is not a bad team at all and they played very well. That being said, BC is still off. They won two games that way so it's almost a good thing. Newhook still out so they clearly aren't firing on all cylinders yet. Before WJC they were looking great even without Newhook. They will start blowing teams out like the end of last year once they get going. But winning close games here isn't a bad thing at all for the experience factor of playing in tight games. You wonder if that 3rd period is something we look back on as something that jump-started them. Could be a season-changing 20 minutes.

Still taking too many penalties.

What can you say about the captain? Always liked his game but that snipe was a little extra something you usually only see from a Newhook/Hutsko type player. He's still underrated.

Have to give credit to Karow, the kid is vastly improved. Defense looks very good with St. Ivany added. Andres is contributing some as well which is nice to see as a 7th Dman. Jury still out on Lovell I think. Late start for him so he'll look like more of a freshman than the others; could be very good with some more maturity and S&C. The St. Ivany transfer is a game-changer for the program.

No real frontrunner nationally yet as BC slides into #1 ranking for first time since 2015 but several teams could make an argument. I worry we'll see another dominating BC run to the end only to have the rug pulled out from underneath them like last season.
              With us being past the holiday season and vaccine at least in circulation i think a tournament of some sort will take place.

Comment

• Let to think that is possible but we are still in the bunker and will be for awhile. Playing will happen but will there be any fans there ? Push the tournament back into mid to late April.

Comment

• I think I read the Super Bowl might be doing this but maybe you could let vaccinated first responders, frontline workers etc into the games for free. Serve em beer. Just a thought.

Comment

• I wonder if Newhook comes back next year. He won't have a lot of games under his belt for this season and his sister will be a freshman on the women's team...

Comment

• Ugly game so far. PP still awful, dumb penalties. Feels weird to say when they are ranked #1 but just going off what I see!

Comment

• Knight ridiculous right now

Comment

• Ugh.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• OK, well, it's a tie officially. I'm not sure they deserved that.

Tough to ask a team at this level to play a good 60 minutes. But these guys play well for 15 minutes a night on average. Some nights 10, some nights 20. Let's be honest both games last week were tenuous Ws.

A lot of whack-a-puck going on. I assume they practice; they show pictures of practice on their Twitter feed but they don't really play like it. Certainly don't pass like it.

Need Newhook back pronto - he had the puck on his stick for 50% of the goals down the stretch last season it seemed like. At this point get new jerseys, steal the Rutgers logo and photoshop it maroon, and just rename the team the Knights until they can start playing like a team.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Just not playing their best hockey right now, simple as that. They coughed up a 2 goal lead last time at home against UConn. Won that one in OT. Playing like they need Newhook to jump start the team.

Comment

• I have no idea what’s wrong with this team, but they look completely different than they did to start the season. They look disinterested for long stretches. What has been a hallmark of this team for the past couple of seasons is their inability to possess the puck. The other team ALWAYS controls the play. We play on our heels the entire game and our opportunities come from sporadic rushes. It’s infuriating. We have way too much talent to be playing this poorly. It seems like the coaching staff has trouble lighting a fire under the players’ asses.

Comment

Working...
                                X