Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't watch this game but they were talking about phantom trip on Nesterenko at end of regulation

I did see the highlight of Carreau's. Similar to UNHs first goal last night. Bad goal given up by Robinson.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I didn't watch this game but they were talking about phantom trip on Nesterenko at end of regulation

I did see the highlight of Carreau's. Similar to UNHs first goal last night. Bad goal given up by Robinson.
      Definitely phantom. Nesterenko didn't even make contact with the UNH player. https://twitter.com/bcinterruption/s...449680896?s=20

Comment

• There was no contact on that penalty. Horrible call with 1.5 seconds left! UNH player just lost an edge. Keenan was one of the refs, he should be embarrassed by that call.

The team is out of sync for a couple of reasons. First, they have not played in a month and second, they have a juggled line up without Hutsko and Newhook. Hutsko is a really good playmaker.

I thought St. Ivany played well especially given that he has not played in 9-10 months.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by popester View Post

Definitely phantom. Nesterenko didn't even make contact with the UNH player. https://twitter.com/bcinterruption/s...449680896?s=20
          Wow that is sad. How does a referee way down on the other side of the rink make that call?
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Incredibly bad call, even if he saw a phantom trip to call it with 1.5 seconds in a tie game is beyond belief. I am sure the head of officiating at HE is going to have a Zoom call in which he asks what were you thinking ? Turned out ok however since McLaughlin made a heads up play and buried his chance. BTW has anyone ever since a penalty call in which one referee overrules another and calls off a penalty? I have never seen it but I wonder if that is within the rule book. If it can be done it should have been done there.

Comment

...they were talking about phantom trip on Nesterenko at end of regulation...
              More phantom calls (both ways) in tonight's UNH at NU game (won by NU 7-0). Looked for awhile like they were calling women's rules. Hope this isn't the way Brian Murphy is telling the on-ice staff to call games. And no Levi/Knight redux this weekend. Levi is out of both games with an "upper body" injury, which could mean anything from a hangnail to things I don't even want to contemplate.

"Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Big weekend, no Hutsko or Newhook and NU without Levi.

Not sure why the refs are not conferring with each other on some of these calls.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• I thought I saw "Newhook probably not playing but Hutsko had a chance to play". Has that been updated?

Comment

• Unconfirmed report on the Diehard Dogs website that this weekend's NU-BC series is cancelled. COVID-related.

Comment

• BC-NU CONFIRMED CANCELED

https://twitter.com/GoNUmhockey/stat...73299251302402
                      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Merrimack Sat/Sun

Unless I am mistaken, I don't think BC has been the cause of any of these postponement. Not blaming anyone, just interesting.

Comment

Merrimack Sat/Sun

Unless I am mistaken, I don't think BC has been the cause of any of these postponement. Not blaming anyone, just interesting.
                          While UVM who is one of the most isolated schools, has been shutdown multiple times.
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Merrimack Sat/Sun

Correct, and absolutely hope it stays that way. FWIW and based on what I'm hearing from unofficial NU sources, neither players nor coaches are affected. So that would suggest whatever problem there is lies somewhere within the support staff or maybe even media reps who have been inside the semi-bubble. Has to be beyond frustrating.

Comment

• I think the big problem is budgets. Small schools just don’t have the financial resources to battle the virus. BC has the resources to isolate the team in a hotel. They have a lot of staff to execute a plan and maintain it. We saw it all fall with the football program.

Let’s the New England states get their act together and follow Texas’s lead in distributing the vaccine. Texas is on pace to give both does to every citizen by the middle of March.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Hutsko back, now just missing Newhook. Will try to listen to the pregame for an update.

Comment

Working...
                                X