Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newhook left game today with an upper body injury.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Sounds like Alex Newhook is day-to-day and will be a gametime decision. Good for Canada and good for BC.

Comment

• Let's hope for no injuries tonight, and a great game. Even if BC doesn't get the four players back for this weekend's games, at least they'll be adding Jack St. Ivany and Timmy Lovell.

Comment

• I can’t believe they shut out team Canada (20 first round draft picks) and Knighter is the MVP!

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Awesome game from Knight, really fun to watch Knight, Boldy & Helleson take the gold. Hopefully Newhook's shoulder injury doesn't linger. Some interesting news on the status of everyone this weekend from Greg Cameron of CHN from York

Boston College head coach Jerry York says F Matthew Boldy, D Drew Helleson, G Spencer Knight and F Alex Newhook will be able to play both games this weekend against UNH. Says the Eagles sent a charter to get them this morning. York says Boston College players are now staying in a hotel because dorms are closed on campus. York says transfer D Jack St. Ivany and D Tim Lovell will be able to play this weekend. St. Ivany came from Yale; Lovell recovered from a wrist injury. York on Knight: "If he wants to play, he'll be in the net." York says he was notified yesterday that Boston College will play Merrimack on Wednesday. York says G Jack Moffatt received surgery on a broken finger over the holiday break and will be out for "a while". Eagles have called up G Adin Farhat from BC's ACHA D-II team. Farhat appeared in an NCAA game last season. "Very great addition to us, a great young guy."
            https://twitter.com/gregdcam/status/...506250752?s=20

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
              Awesome game from Knight, really fun to watch Knight, Boldy & Helleson take the gold. Hopefully Newhook's shoulder injury doesn't linger. Some interesting news on the status of everyone this weekend from Greg Cameron of CHN from York

https://twitter.com/gregdcam/status/...506250752?s=20
              Let's take a fun trip down USCHO Message Board Memory Lane, shall we... Waaaay back in the dark ages there was a hockey player named John Sabo. John was a divisive character around these parts for a few reasons. (The big one being that he originally committed to BC and ended up at BU.) Jack Parker arranged for him to get back from WJ on an earlier flight to play in the BU-BC game. The BC fans on this here message board had quite the hissy fit over it. He should travel with the rest of the team!!! Waaaah. Good times.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Let's take a fun trip down USCHO Message Board Memory Lane, shall we... Waaaay back in the dark ages there was a hockey player named John Sabo. John was a divisive character around these parts for a few reasons. (The big one being that he originally committed to BC and ended up at BU.) Jack Parker arranged for him to get back from WJ on an earlier flight to play in the BU-BC game. The BC fans on this here message board had quite the hissy fit over it. He should travel with the rest of the team!!! Waaaah. Good times.
                Actually, I believe it was Jerry who made the initial remark. The times....how they have changed.

ETA: Also - congrats to the BC players on this team!!!!

Comment

• I thought BC was playing NU this weekend?

Comment

• Can I just say that the Hockey East website is utter garbage these days? But anyway, BC is in fact playing UNH.

Surprised the BU guys didn't comment on Greg Carvel's take on BU...

https://twitter.com/gregdcam/status/...642264064?s=19

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      I thought BC was playing NU this weekend?
                      It was changed yesterday, not sure why

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Freddy Meyer was also on that World Junior team as well. As much as I do not like BU, they didn't do anything against the rules. As it turns out, those two players helped BU beat BC 3-2. Of course, BC went on to win the Beanpot, Hockey East tournament and National Championship that season.

I agree, that Hockey East's website took a major step back this season. Both through my computer, but especially through my phone.

Comment

• That was NC season? I thought it was a year or two before that.

Comment

That was NC season? I thought it was a year or two before that.
                            That was 2001. BC was missing J.D. Forrest.

Not sure how I feel about the four players from the World Juniors playing this weekend, especially since all four played until the last possible day of the tournament, in the most important games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post

That was 2001. BC was missing J.D. Forrest.

Not sure how I feel about the four players from the World Juniors playing this weekend, especially since all four played until the last possible day of the tournament, in the most important games.
                              I doubt Newhook plays this weekend. He was still pretty dinged up in the finals, they'll hopefully rest him. I could see Knight only playing 1 of the 2 games but knowing him, he'll want to be in net for both

Comment

That was NC season? I thought it was a year or two before that.
                                The only thing I remember about the time frame was that the BU-BC game was at Walter Brown Arena so it was definitely before 2005.

Comment

Working...
                                X