Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC could have blown this game open in the first period, but kudos to UConn's goalie standing tall. Wilder looked good in his first game with several impressive saves. Heckuva play by Warren on the winning goal in overtime, that was an epic shift all around for him.

This team is gonna be serious with their full complement of players.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Great game to watch. I have to think Henry Wilder will get a start here and there to spell Spencer Knight, as well as keep himself sharp.

UConn's goalie had some great saves. I was impressed with him.

I was glad to see Jack Agnew with at least one shift last night. Although, it is a bit odd that Gentry Shamburger, a walk-on forward, is getting a lot more ice time than a recruited defenseman. Oh well. It's working out so far.

Theoretically, after today's game, BC will add six regulars to their line-up, before the next game. Knight, Alex Newhook, Matt Boldy, Drew Helleson, Timmy Lovell and John St. Ivany. And these guys would be six of their better players. That's some serious depth.

Comment

• Tough to hit the post twice in that first period. I thought Wilder played well as did the rest of the freshman. Long break after only playing 6 games.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
          Steve Davis has left BC... there goes my theory he’d play
          American Stephen Davis joining the Moose – Halifax Mooseheads

Comment

• BC is getting a transfer from Yale but I guess he wasn't ready yet and he was not willing to wait for playing time.
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• It’s confirmed, Jack St. Ivany is an Eagle!

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                It’s confirmed, Jack St. Ivany is an Eagle!

Go Eagles!
                Huge get! He should probably be integrated into their power play immediately, seeing as it has not had much success at all this season.

Comment

• Matt Boldy looked very aggressive last night against Russia. He has also looked aggressive in the four games he's played for Boston College this season. Looking forward to watching Alex Newhook today, to see if there has been any development to his game.

Comment

• Boldy looked great last night. I hope Knight finally learned not to throw the puck up the boards! That’s the one bad thing he does once per game.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Matt Boldy, again, looked like he played with a purpose last night. It was tough to gauge Alex Newhook's play, as Canada completely outmatched Germany.

It will be interesting to see if Spencer Knight plays any significant minutes in the next few games, as Dustin Wolf seems to have to the goaltending duties firmly in his grasp.

Looking forward to seeing the United States and Canada play against some better teams than yesterday.

Comment

• I think Leaman will split Knight and Wolf the next two games and then make a decision for medal round. Short tournament though so it's quite possible Wolf is the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I think Leaman will split Knight and Wolf the next two games and then make a decision for medal round. Short tournament though so it's quite possible Wolf is the guy.
                          Knight certainly did himself no favors with that performance against Russia. We all know he is so much better than that, but in a short tournament you can totally understand a coach going with the hot hand.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Shutout for Knight today. My guess would be Wolf starts against Sweden but with Russia losing to Czech Republic yesterday that Sweden game could decide who wins the group. If that's in play you'd probably go with who you think your best guy is.

Comment

• What a goal by Boldy! He scored the 7th US goal today.

He has made a huge jump from year 1 to year 2. I can’t wait to see this team with Newhook and St Ivany joining them for a NC run. This could be our best team since 2010 through 2012 teams.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• He should have been on team USA last year if they actually watched him play rather than just look at the stat sheet.

Comment

Working...
                                X