Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Just wow. They could play that team 100 times and never beat them by that margin again. One of those games when everything went right for BC and everything went wrong for Providence. Man, the speed and transitions are like going back in time to eight or ten years ago. This team will be fun to watch for however much of a season they end up having.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Lots of questions/comments:

-Since I do not live in New England, I had to watch the game on DirecTV, from a bar. So, there was no sound. For those who watched the game on NESN, was there play-by-play and color commentary for both nights? Also, on WEEI and bceagles.com, do John Risch (sp?) and Andy Powers still do it?

-Brett Berard was a minus 8 last night? That has to be some sort of record.

-According to the box score, Jack Agnew has played in all four games. I have yet to notice him. Has he been out on the ice? Or, even on the bench?

-I have to believe the coaching staff left Spencer Knight in for the entire game because he hadn't given up a goal and they wanted him to get the shutout. I would have liked to have seen Henry Wilder get some minutes, especially with him having to play two full games this upcoming weekend vs. UConn.

-I think Alex Newhook will replace Marc McLaughlin on the first power play unit. So, it will be Newhook, Mike Hardman, and Logan Hutsko down low, with Matt Boldy and Drew Helleson at the points. It will be nice to keep that line together (assuming the coaching staff has the Newhook-Boldy-Hardman line from last year in tact).

-Helleson and Marshall Warren are playing a ton of minutes. It will be good to get Tim Lovell back from injury and John St. Ivany into the line-up.

-Great start to the season. When do the games start counting towards the Hockey East standings?

Comment

• You know what, I know he had a shutout going and it's tough taking him out but when the game is 7,8,9 to zip why risk Knight getting injured when you also know Wilder will be in net for a couple games coming up.

NESN had the PC crew last night, Mike Logan and the female color commentator. Pretty sure Rish and Powers are still doing the games on radio.

Not sure how much Agnew plays but he must have gotten some shifts last night. He's been dressing as the extra dman.

Since BC is scheduled to play both UMass and Providence again, these previous wins will count as league games if those other games don't take place. That could be because they get canceled or replaced by other games if BC has another series canceled against a different opponent.

Comment

• It is still early and they haven't reached their full stride yet but real out of conference games like vs Denver or North Dakota would give us a more reliable read on this team.

Basically they're playing all conference games this year

Ted Donato must be besides himself losing all those players like Berniers and Kuntar and other core, seasoned players
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            You know what, I know he had a shutout going and it's tough taking him out but when the game is 7,8,9 to zip why risk Knight getting injured when you also know Wilder will be in net for a couple games coming up.

NESN had the PC crew last night, Mike Logan and the female color commentator. Pretty sure Rish and Powers are still doing the games on radio.

Not sure how much Agnew plays but he must have gotten some shifts last night. He's been dressing as the extra dman.

Since BC is scheduled to play both UMass and Providence again, these previous wins will count as league games if those other games don't take place. That could be because they get canceled or replaced by other games if BC has another series canceled against a different opponent.
            I completely agree with you on getting Spencer Knight out of the game and getting Henry Wilder in there.

How is UConn supposed to be? Are they a defensive-minded team? Offensive-minded?

Is it me, or is this the first year Logan Hutsko is on the penalty kill? I don't recall seeing that in the past. Maybe he's filling in until Alex Newhook returns.

Has anyone seen John St. Ivany play? He's a big guy who put up good offensive numbers, both at Sioux City in the USHL and at Yale. He also made the World Junior team, which says a lot. Lastly, is he already a Boston College student? He's not listed on their roster.

Comment

• Haven't seen him play but he's supposed to be a very good player. Will fill out that defensive group nicely. I think he's simply joining for 2nd semester.

Comment

• Thanks. He'd certainly be a welcome addition.

Comment

• Unless Lovell or Izyk are available tonight BC will only have 17 skaters. Maybe:

Nesterenko-McBain-Hutsko
                  Hardman-Kuntar-Ambrosio
                  Weight-McLaughlin-Giles
                  Xxxxxxx-Roy-Carreau

Warren-Powell
                  Karow-Shamburger
                  Andres-Agnew

Wilder

Comment

• Huseko hits the post on a shortie attempt. Nice feed from Mcbain. Then a great stop on Mcbain a few minutes later.

Comment

• Warren with a couple rough moments tonight. Wilder was tremendous in the 2nd and Nesterenko looks very slick with the puck.

Comment

• What a W. What a LOOOOOONG shift from Warren; my God that was something else to make the stop 1 on 1 in one end, fight through an attempted takedown on the break and then follow it up and poke it in. What a game by Wilder.

We were only missing 4 of our 5 best players. Nice try Yukon.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Wilder was very impressive for his first start. Tough break for BC on tying goal where ref got in the way so nice to get the W in OT. 3 on 3 but counts as a regular win. I think UConn might win tomorrow though. We'll see what BC has left.

Comment

• Both goalies did some serious tending last night. Warren made a determined 200 foot play, out fought the Uconn player for the puck in his end and finished off the rebound on the other end, came from the opposite side so the goalie did not really see him or have time to react. Great first period, second period not so much, but they got two goals and a pretty even third. Hutsko just seems to get better every game, they are out after him, he took a really heavy hit in the third, boarding call, but I think he can expect that every time he steps on the ice. AMbrosio, Kuntar and Nesterenko, Weight is good but he just can't get enough ice time with those three in front of him, all are seriously talented Freshman. Fun team to watch.

Comment

• Ya, I thought Nesterenko, Ambrosio and Kuntar would really be a nice supporting cast but they have exceeded my expectations so far. A really nice trio of forwards.

Comment

Working...
                              X