No announcement yet.

BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite the offensive weekend without Newhook...

Comment

• Excellent Start

A lot of talent and depth
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• and a pretty good stopper on the back end.

Comment

• And UMass was picked to finish 2nd in the conference this year! When Newhook returns this team will be loaded!

I think St. Ivany could be a huge help on defense. 6’2 195 and he will be 21 in January. Getting our GAA under 2 will be needed for the for NCAA’s.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Was anyone else surprised to see Drew Helleson on the first power play unit? I figured the defensemen to get time on the PP would be Marshall Warren and Tim Lovell. Maybe Eamon Powell.

Comment

• With all those seniors last year, he was kinda buried in terms of PP time. Maybe he has more offense in him than he gets credit for? Lovell is currently injured but Warren and Powell are definitely guys who would be in the mix for PP time. I think they use 4 forwards and one dman too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boston22 View Post
                Was anyone else surprised to see Drew Helleson on the first power play unit? I figured the defensemen to get time on the PP would be Marshall Warren and Tim Lovell. Maybe Eamon Powell.
                He had a lot of PP time at the NTDP. JD is right, he was really buried last year with the depth the team had. I think he's a better playmaker than Warren but definitely could see Powell get some PP time at some point, he's really impressive. The PP looked awesome this weekend, will be interesting to see who they sub in with Hutsko out a two weeks, possibly more. Also interested to see who they bump up to his spot with McBain and Nesterenko

Comment

• I would think they keep McLaughlin and Giles together on 3rd line and move Kuntar into a top six role. Not sure how that will look in terms of line combos though. Weight probably jumps to that 3rd line LW spot.

Comment

• Hutsko can never seem to catch a break.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Given what happened to him before BC, he's had a much better career than I anticipated. Credit to him for his perseverance. This time around he tweaked his knee trying to stay onside at the blue line. It really didn't look that bad but I'm not a doctor. Hopefully just a minor setback. Was it last year he had an injury early on and missed a couple games? Smooth sailing after that. Hope for the same here.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Given what happened to him before BC, he's had a much better career than I anticipated. Credit to him for his perseverance. This time around he tweaked his knee trying to stay onside at the blue line. It really didn't look that bad but I'm not a doctor. Hopefully just a minor setback. Was it last year he had an injury early on and missed a couple games? Smooth sailing after that. Hope for the same here.
                        Plus the nasty injury at the end of the season at the Garden I think in the semis... didn't he get carted off? With Newhook in Canada and now him Hutsko out for two weeks, we're going to need to get some continued production from McBain, McLaughlin, and Hardman along with the freshmen.
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Lowell thread says this weekend is postponed. Can BC play UConn instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Lowell thread says this weekend is postponed. Can BC play UConn instead?
                            If the two teams can play from a COVID testing perspective, absolutely get any games in while you can.

If not, it's a week for Hutsko to heal up and not miss any games.

Comment

• BC-PC this weekend

Comment

• Hustko is a one of my favorite BC players from recent teams. He isan incredibly talented and creative player. He is also very determined. In 2019 facing elimination he put the team on his back and scored GWG's in the two wins in Providence. I think BC would have won the semi final game were it not for the injury. I hope he get back to playing soon and the season goes forward. Last year no HE, this year no Beanpot, really tough on everyone but this kids deserves better. I was really looking forward to watching him in person but I will watch BC every chance I get.

Comment

Working...
                                X