Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it had something to do with UMass having already played two games? Either way, it will all work out. Just glad a game is in the books.

Comment

• Happy to see them get a game in the books and get the W. Given the circumstances it's hard to be too critical of anyone and I thought they looked quite good all things considered. Freshman class looks solid. Ambrosio has afterburners and is going to score a lot of goals. Kuntar also looks solid with good hockey sense.

It was great to see McBain net two. Hutsko was a huge factor. Boldy had some hot and cold moments; the turnover/penalty shift that led to a UMass goal with the 3-1 lead was not bueno but he sniped the hell out of that breakaway in the third. Knight makes playing the position look easy; surprised he let that first shot get past him. Helleson looks terrific as does Warren. Karow could be the swing player that either stabilizes the position or makes it tough to win games with just two bona-fide veteran Dmen - the late penalty was a rough one and you could see it coming when he got the hand off the stick and engaged on the wall. Liked what I saw from Powell generally speaking so I'd keep an eye on him. Boy is that a thin position with little experience.

When Newhook comes back this team is going to score in bunches.

ps - off-topic slightly but when is UMass going to shutter that heinous football program?
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Good news on the defensive core. BC is getting a transfer from Yale. Jack St. Ivany 6’2” 195 junior, 4th round pick in 2018 of the Flyers. He will join the team in January.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Selenium is a portable framework for testing web applications. Selenium provides a playback tool for authoring functional tests without the need to learn a test scripting language.

Selenium testing training in Chennai

Selenium training in Chennai

Selenium testing training in bangalore

Comment

• Serious talent throughout the line up, amazing to lose so many guys and still play a show such skill thoughout the line up. Love the Freshmen and Nesterenko, AMbrosino, Kuntar wow. Knight was excellent. Umass is a very good team, very good. Fun to see them back and play so well. Orpik is behind the bench as a volunteer coach. Cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              ps - off-topic slightly but when is UMass going to shutter that heinous football program?
              No need to shutter the program. They should go back to FCS is all. They were quite successful at that level and should have just left well enough alone to begin with.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• I am hoping Lovell or Agnew dresses today. Either way, St. Ivany could be the missing piece for this team. Very good player. Add him and Newhook in January and pray that the season can be completed!

Comment

• Glad to see the boys play and get a win over a very solid UMass team. Freshman class looked like there is significant talent there and as someone mentioned above, Ambrosio has a need...a need for speed! He can really motor and I think is going to be very fun to watch.

D is obviously the most thin and inexperienced of the units, but Helleson and Warren are strong, but boy are they gonna play a ton of minutes. This team is gonna score though and when Newhook comes back to turbocharge it...hoo boy! And Knight of course is Knight. Nothing to add there.
                  The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                  BC - 12
                  BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Someone just told me broken wrist for Lovell, out till January. So that explains his absence if true. Maybe Agnew gets in there today, we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                      Serious talent throughout the line up, amazing to lose so many guys and still play a show such skill thoughout the line up. Love the Freshmen and Nesterenko, Ambrosino, Kuntar wow. Knight was excellent. Umass is a very good team, very good. Fun to see them back and play so well. Orpik is behind the bench as a volunteer coach. Cool
                      Totally agree here, the freshmen really showed well and I would throw Eamon Powell into that group who really impressed. Also thought McBain looked really good, he looks like he may make a big jump this year and be really impactful.

Love seeing Brooks Orpik behind the bench. Weird to not see an announcement anywhere Marty McInnis would be leaving the staff and Brooks would be joining the staff. Not a total surprise to see him move on with Luke's graduation if he has in fact moved on

Comment

• going to be tough on defense when national junior team is playing. Key pieces will be gone
                        Serious talent on forward lines though
                        Just thankful some games being played
                        Looks like half are being postponed

Comment

• Unless I have the schedule wrong it doesn't look like BC will be impacted by the WJC other than missing Newhook right now. Last game of semester is Dec. 12 and don't play again till January 8.

Comment

• yes somewhat surprised not more games during break
                            May not have players dec11-12 as quarantine might be started
                            Thought I read players report Dec 4-10
                            Team not yet selected but there are locks to make it on BC

Comment

• Ah ok, didn't know they would be leaving before those final two games.

Comment

• Another very good win. 2-0.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X