This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post

Fat, dumb and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
    To his credit, the first sentence was accurate.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• The football team has played 9 games without any virus problems. Big 10 hockey is off to a great start. There is no legitimate reason not to play the season. We should extend the season through March and have the playoffs in April.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Postponements are inevitable just like Uncle Joe in the White House. Get used to it. We have not hit peak as yet, most of what Anthony said and says is true and pretty much all of what Donnie says is false. If your life depended on a verity from either of these two who would you choose, I'll pick Anthony without hesitation. People who would chose Donnie are buying into a cult, cults generally don't turn out well for the followers.

Comment

• Didn't turn out well for the Bernie Bros either. I am certainly not taking medical advice from Trump.

Comment

• I wouldn't take any advice from Donnie and who is talking about Bernie ? Moreover it wasn't advice I was posing but really a question of who I would more likely believe to make a true statement, (about anything) a Jesuit trained scientist or a carnival barker, not a difficult choice for me, but feel free to follow him off a cliff.

Comment

• You mentioned cults...

I am not a Trump guy by the way. I think he's a buffoon.

Comment

• That makes me feel better to know that. He makes everyone think in a binary way, either with or against him.

Comment

• So, the two games against UNH were postponed. Is one game (the one supposed to be played at BC) being played on a Tuesday (maybe January), and the other game (at UNH) being played on another Tuesday (maybe February) a reasonable solution?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Been a while since I've posted. Hope you are all doing well and have been COVID (and clap) -free.

Did they "upgrade" the board? Seems very different... and terrible.

I think given that we have 4 LD (usually they have been a rarity here IIRC), I think Andres may be left out again as Lovell is going to be a possible offensive Dman they want to utilize particularly on the PP. That being said, I liked what I saw from Andres in limited time so keep an eye out for him.

Look for Boldy to have a great start and Hutsko to have a Hobey-like season. To play into January without Newhook, when he comes back this team is going to be brutal to play.

Was checking on the freshmen, pretty cool to see that Trevor Kuntar is indeed the son of Les Kuntar (move over Dougie Weight). This Icecats fan (I went to the first and last Icecats games in franchise history and many more in between) is excited about that. Dad was a goalie on the inaugural team in 94-95 that had a veritable roster of legendary hockey characters from player/coach Walt Poddubney (don't see that too often - he also scored 40, 38 and 38 goals for NYR in consecutive seasons in the late 80s), to Terry Virtue (averaged about 200 PIMS a season in Worcester), to made-in-Mass Bruin John Carter (89-90 7th player award). Anyway, Icecats forever, Sharks/Railers never.

edit - another interesting tidbit, Nesterenko, a New Yorker, was born the day before 9/11. Imagine having a child one day and seeing the events of 9/11 unfold on tv at the hospital in Brooklyn the next day.

I would hope the boys play like there is no tomorrow because with the COVID situation you never know when the plug is pulled again. I would hope they are raring to go and would love to see them light up the Mildcats and put the country on notice.
                    Well, Rip Van W., looks like the Mildcats kept your Iggles off the scoreboard this past weekend. (and, we, too, all agree that this board upgrade is terrible).

Comment

• I don’t see any reason to try to finish the regular season in February. Why not use March for RS games and April for the playoffs.

Just for the record, Dr. F could not figure out whether to wear a mask or not last February. The reality is the Wu flu is not going away and we have to learn to live with it. That is exactly what the football team has been doing.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• That the virus is not going away is a true statement, after all there are still small outbreaks of measles and viruses naturally mutate. It takes a long time to push these viruses down and out even with a vaccine. A vaccine will help bring it under control, particularly ones that are plus 90 % effective. The next challenge is to get it distributed and in the arms of people, 2 shots, 21 days apart, it will be interesting to see what the compliance rate is on the booster, if it reached 75% that would be great. Also storage at -80 F adds to the complexity. The simple fact is masking and distancing are the most effective and efficient way to deal with it, Trump bet against the virus and he lost. If he went the other way he would have wonthe election. If you don't want to wear a mask at least stay at home, the nurses and doctors who are putting their lives on the line for the positive cases would appreciate it.
                        Last edited by DNAEagle; 11-23-2020, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• That’s my point, life and hockey go on even with this virus. The students are tested twice per week and should be allowed into at least the football games. Essentially, they are already in the bubble. I wish they would push off the playoffs till April to give time for the vaccine to be distributed.

Special note today, it was 36 years ago that the miracle in Miami happened.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Ended up down a rabbit hole last night on BC players in the NHL last year. The combined total of the below players of past, present and future earnings they've already signed contracts for is $540+ million. Pretty insane amount...
                            Cam Atkinson
                            Thatcher Demko
                            Brian Dumoulin
                            Patrick Eaves*
                            Johnny Gaudreau
                            Noah Hanifin
                            Kevin Hayes
                            Chris Kreider
                            Mike Matheson
                            Zach Sanford
                            Cory Schneider
                            Alex Tuch
                            Colin White
                            Miles Wood

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Kuntar-McBain-Hutsko
                              Hardman-Ambrosio-Boldy
                              Nesterenko-McLaughlin-Giles
                              Weight-Izyk-Carreau/Roy

Warren-Helleson
                              Karow-Powell
                              Lovell-Agnew
                              Andres

I'll go with that
                              Lineup is out. I did ok here. Swap Kuntar and Nesterenko. Both Carreau and Roy are in. Izyk is not.

On defense, top 4 correct. Last pair is Andres and Shamburger. Shamburger is a real headscratcher as I don't even think he's a dman. He is in over Lovell, Agnew and Davis. Will try to catch York pregame. Maybe they have some injuries.

Comment

• Wouldn’t it make more sense to count your first two games against each team as the league games? Seems kind of crazy to say these are non league but might be switched to league games retroactively.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X