No announcement yet.

BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also I don't think there is a Beanpot this year. Who knows if Harvard even ends up playing.

Comment

• Meaningful vaccination levels in the general population will not happen until late in the second quarter, two shots 21 day apart, vaccine requires -80 F storage. This is not a simple shot and move on. Glad to hear there is hockey and I will be glued to my TV because that is pretty much what you will be able to see for much of this season. I was so looking forward to watching another year of Hutstko's magic in person but I look forward to watching him on TV.

Comment

• Interested to see line combinations next weekend without Newhook for the first 3rd of the season at the Canada WJC camp. Will they put Boldy and Hutsko together? Will they keep Boldy & Hardman together? Will Boldy continue to surge like he did in the last few months of the season? I'd expect to see freshmen Ambrosio, Kuntar, Nesterenko and Weight all get significant playing time. Also interested to see Tim Lovell, how he'll do on the PP and he can overcome his size discrepancy.

Also to note, BC just received a commitment from NTDP U18 player, Andre Gasseau. 6'4" 200lb forward who has 6g 4a 10pts in 9gp this year, 4th on the U18 team in points. It's his first year with the NTDP after spending last year with Shattuck U16 replacing Saganiuk who left for the OHL. Looks like an exciting pickup. A couple clips below

https://***********/theTonyFerrari/s...356369922?s=20

https://***********/StarsStripesHKY/...225598467?s=20

Last edited by sigx15; 11-15-2020, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Yep, he looks to be a very nice addition. A late bloomer type who has really exploded on to the scene.

I am wondering if they keep Hardman and Boldy together and try McBain with Hutsko. Might look at this later and see what I can come up with. Newhook is such an important piece of the puzzle I could see some early struggles without him. Missing 8 games out of 26 is significant.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Yep, he looks to be a very nice addition. A late bloomer type who has really exploded on to the scene.

I am wondering if they keep Hardman and Boldy together and try McBain with Hutsko. Might look at this later and see what I can come up with. Newhook is such an important piece of the puzzle I could see some early struggles without him. Missing 8 games out of 26 is significant.
            Here's what I came up with as 3 different options but are complete shots in the dark

Boldy - Kuntar - Hardman
            Nesterenko - Ambrosio - Hutsko
            Giles - McGlaughlin - McBain
            Weight - Izyk - Carreau

Warren - Helleson
            Karow - Powell
            Davis - Agnew
            Lovell

Knight

Boldy - Kuntar - Hutsko
            Nesterenko - Ambrosio - Hardman
            Giles - McGlaughlin - McBain
            Weight - Izyk - Carreau

Warren - Helleson
            Karow - Powell
            Davis - Agnew
            Lovell

Knight

Boldy - McBain- Hutsko
            Nesterenko - Kuntar - Ambrosio
            Giles - McGlaughlin - Hardman
            Weight - Izyk - Carreau

Warren - Helleson
            Karow - Powell
            Davis - Agnew
            Lovell

Knight

Comment

• I would be very surprised if Davis gets more PT than Lovell. Honestly, Andres could be ahead of Davis in pecking order. We shall see. Good work on the lines though.

Comment

• How do you think the coaching staff handles the defensive pairings? A left shot with a right shot? A freshman with a veteran? An offensive defenseman with a defensive defenseman?

Comment

• I think they try to match L and R shot but haven't looked to see if BC has an even amount

Comment

• And then from there I think you do the best you can with matching an offensive guy with a defensive guy and a vet with a rookie

Comment

• Kuntar-McBain-Hutsko
                      Hardman-Ambrosio-Boldy
                      Nesterenko-McLaughlin-Giles
                      Weight-Izyk-Carreau/Roy

Warren-Helleson
                      Karow-Powell
                      Lovell-Agnew
                      Andres

I'll go with that

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        Kuntar-McBain-Hutsko
                        Hardman-Ambrosio-Boldy
                        Nesterenko-McLaughlin-Giles
                        Weight-Izyk-Carreau/Roy

Warren-Helleson
                        Karow-Powell
                        Lovell-Agnew
                        Andres

I'll go with that
                        Been a while since I've posted. Hope you are all doing well and have been COVID (and clap) -free.

Did they "upgrade" the board? Seems very different... and terrible.

I think given that we have 4 LD (usually they have been a rarity here IIRC), I think Andres may be left out again as Lovell is going to be a possible offensive Dman they want to utilize particularly on the PP. That being said, I liked what I saw from Andres in limited time so keep an eye out for him.

Look for Boldy to have a great start and Hutsko to have a Hobey-like season. To play into January without Newhook, when he comes back this team is going to be brutal to play.

Was checking on the freshmen, pretty cool to see that Trevor Kuntar is indeed the son of Les Kuntar (move over Dougie Weight). This Icecats fan (I went to the first and last Icecats games in franchise history and many more in between) is excited about that. Dad was a goalie on the inaugural team in 94-95 that had a veritable roster of legendary hockey characters from player/coach Walt Poddubney (don't see that too often - he also scored 40, 38 and 38 goals for NYR in consecutive seasons in the late 80s), to Terry Virtue (averaged about 200 PIMS a season in Worcester), to made-in-Mass Bruin John Carter (89-90 7th player award). Anyway, Icecats forever, Sharks/Railers never.

edit - another interesting tidbit, Nesterenko, a New Yorker, was born the day before 9/11. Imagine having a child one day and seeing the events of 9/11 unfold on tv at the hospital in Brooklyn the next day.

I would hope the boys play like there is no tomorrow because with the COVID situation you never know when the plug is pulled again. I would hope they are raring to go and would love to see them light up the Mildcats and put the country on notice.
                        Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 11-19-2020, 02:26 PM.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Tonight is postponed, this is going to happen a lot.

Comment

• I know you don't want them to play but this was a result of an inconclusive test. So we will see what happens with the follow up test.

Comment

• BC has done an excellent job handling the virus. The vaccine is on schedule just like President Trump said it would be. There is no reason not to have a season. They should have started the season on November 1st.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                                BC has done an excellent job handling the virus. The vaccine is on schedule just like President Trump said it would be. There is no reason not to have a season. They should have started the season on November 1st.

Go Eagles!
                                Fat, dumb and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X