No announcement yet.

BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know when the statement was released but Hockey East seems to be on board with playing a league season. My guess is they hold off to see how things go with college football. As of now, three of the P5 plan to play and some of the group of 5 leagues as well. Maybe hockey doesn't start till January and they try to do a league season rather than everyone just sitting around waiting for a vaccine that Fauci himself said may not be highly effective. It's ok to try and get on with life. You have your protocols and plan in place and you try to move forward. Whether it goes well or not is a different story. A lot would depend on how disciplined college players can be off the ice. You know, don't act like the moron pitchers from the Cleveland Indians etc.

BC got a big time commit today. Skilled power forward...Cutter Gauthier. In late July it was reported he was down to Wisconsin, North Dakota, Denver, UMD and Harvard. Who knows if that is accurate but regardless, big get for now.

Comment

• I saw BC's revised 10-game schedule from 12-games

All ACC football schedule of course

My season tickets will refund any unattended game if there is a season

The stadium will look empty because only season ticket holders can attend and no outside fans allowed

Seats spaced apart for social distancing
      NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• I don’t believe BC has been given permission to have any fans at Alumni Stadium this year.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
          I don’t believe BC has been given permission to have any fans at Alumni Stadium this year.

Go Eagles!
          If so they will have to refund everyone's money who bought season tickets

So far no word from the BC ticket office regarding no fans

Usually I sit in the end zone area
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

If so they will have to refund everyone's money who bought season tickets

So far no word from the BC ticket office regarding no fans

Usually I sit in the end zone area
            Baker said today that Massachusetts will not consider allowing fans at Gillette at least for the start of the season.

if that is the case, I’d say it is unlikely BC will have fans either.... at least to start the season.
            Last edited by ericredaxe; 08-18-2020, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Baker said today that Massachusetts will not consider allowing fans at Gillette at least for the start of the season.

if that is the case, I’d say it is unlikely BC will have fans either.... at least to start the season.
              Normally the first game is end of August but with the revised schedule the first game is not until September 19 @ DUKE

However the first BC HOME Game is not until October 3rd which is a Saturday against North Carolina who is coached by Mack Brown.
              Last edited by BCeagle; 08-18-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• While we're on the subject of pandemic

I wonder if fans will be required to show proof of health

I know often they take your temperature before letting you in

I just had a negative on my covid test before my colonoscopy

Comment

Normally the first game is end of August but with the revised schedule the first game is not until September 19 @ DUKE

However the first BC HOME Game is not until October 3rd which is a Saturday against North Carolina who is coached by Mack Brown.
                  The later start can only help for the possibility of fans.... Pats announced no fans for sure for the game on Sept 27th... so maybe if Sometime between the 27th and the 3rd becomes the start of Phase 4 then maybe it’s possible? I’d still bet against fans at least for the start of the season.

Comment

• Season tickets will not be used for Football this season. If they do allow fans, tickets will be sold on a game by game basis. Makes sense so that they can space seats. That is not to say that season ticket holders won't be offered those tickets first but perhaps my guess is that donor based may be the first to get them. We were offered to either donate our paid ticket money for this season to the athletic programs or apply the funds toward 2021 thus the season ticket is now gone but either way you retain your seat location for next year.

Comment

• I donated my season tickets and rolled my donation over to 2021 season for parking. I can always donate more in 2021.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• BC finalized it’s home schedule by adding Texas State on September 26th

Comment

• OK I finally got a call from BC ticket office. I emailed a person that renewed my season tickets in football.

He finally told me that there no fans allowed this season.

Why he waited this long to tell me, I don't know why but ....

Now I have to decide to get a refund or roll it over for next season.

Comment

OK I finally got a call from BC ticket office. I emailed a person that renewed my season tickets in football.

He finally told me that there no fans allowed this season.

Why he waited this long to tell me, I don't know why but ....

Now I have to decide to get a refund or roll it over for next season.
                            Always take money in hand!!!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Always take money in hand!!!
                              Did BU sell their season tickets in hockey yet ? Or no fans allowed ?

Comment

Did BU sell their season tickets in hockey yet ? Or no fans allowed ?
                                No idea.... still livin the dream in the dessert
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X