Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
    HAFLEY is recruiting almost every state. If you want to be successful you have to first believe you can be successful. HAFLEY gets it and he is having success. Cycling through coaches is a hit or miss proposition. It’s difficult to find very good football coaches. That’s the weakness in the “embrace the stepping stone “ approach. The answer is to retain your top coaches and build your program into a national brand. Think Jim Calhoun at UConn or Frank Beamer at VT. HAFLEY could do that at BC. BC is already well respected nationally. With the Fish Field House they finally can hold their own facility wise. 30 million in ACC revenue and growing really helps with coaches salaries and the recruiting budget all of which have grown substantially with the hiring of Hafley. The future is very bright for BC football.

Go Eagles!
    Ultimately, what did Frank Beamer win? I think VT made it to the National Championship game once while he was the coach. And I seem to remember I guy named Vick at the QB. Who was an in-state recruit. Calhoun, I'll give you, but basketball and football are kind of apples and oranges recruiting wise because a basketball team only needs to recruit a roster of 12 versus a roster of over 50.

Hafley is doing a good job of recruiting so far, but don't lose fact that those incoming recruits are all 3 star recruits, not 4 and 5 star recruits like he was able to attract when he was recruiting at Ohio State, where his own recruiting skills were greatly augmented by the fact that he was recruiting them to Ohio State. When he starts to continually lose recruiting battles for the top recruits to the Ohio States of the world, it will get old quickly. If he is successful at BC, and has the opportunity to move to a job at a top school, he will be gone.
    The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
    BC - 12
    BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      He COULD...but does he not jump at the first chance for a bigger job? I think if he succeeds, he is out of BC quickly.
      100% agree.
      The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
      BC - 12
      BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Hafley was only at OSU for one year and doesn't have any previous connection to BC. Completely agree that if he wins here he will then move on to a bigger gig. I would have no issues with that.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Hafley was only at OSU for one year and doesn't have any previous connection to BC. Completely agree that if he wins here he will then move on to a bigger gig. I would have no issues with that.
          If he has that level of success, hopefully BC goes all out to keep him. It would be a devastating loss especially given his age. Pay him the 6-8 million to keep him. Eventually, hopefully it’s Hafley, BC will get a break and be able to retain a great football coach for 20 plus years. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence especially if the money is comparable. BC is a lot better job than most people think.

Go Eagles!

Comment

Originally posted by cridge
            New commit James Golden supposed to come in 21-22. Possibly filling the slot Reynolds took before ditching to the QMJHL. Reports are he is a big body who can skate pretty well. Once he gets acclimated to college hockey he could turn into a player like Mike Hardman (hopefully).
            Where does he play?

Comment

I don't see any info on this kid other than his own twitter announcement. Seems like a walk on to me.

Comment

Is he a real recruit? I looked him up and couldn't find anything. Maine had a player, Mike Golden, in the 80's and was curious if he was related.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

He announced on Twitter. Whether that's fake or not, no clue.

Comment

He announced on Twitter. Whether that's fake or not, no clue.
                    Per Heisenberg, Posma pushed back to 2021, leaving only 5 incoming forwards. He no longer lists Dempsey as a future 2021 recruit. Is it possible he's coming in the fall? (He's 19.) Or decommited?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Is he a real recruit? I looked him up and couldn't find anything. Maine had a player, Mike Golden, in the 80's and was curious if he was related.
                      Not related

Comment

Dempsey? Not sure I even know who that is. Heisenberg does a good job but he's not always accurate with the incoming year data.

Comment

I'm pretty sure this isn't a real person. Or at best is a fake loosely based on a real but obscure person. His profile picture is of a different player and an EliteProspects writer tweeted at him asking who he is and got blocked.
                          Last edited by TheRevengeance; 05-21-2020, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Dempsey? Not sure I even know who that is. Heisenberg does a good job but he's not always accurate with the incoming year data.
                            Jack Dempsey committed in March 2020 (most likely for 2021-22) who fell off Heisenberg's spreadsheet probably when it was converted from the 2020-21 season to 2021-22:

https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/202...angers-commit/

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                              Jack Dempsey committed in March 2020 (most likely for 2021-22) who fell off Heisenberg's spreadsheet probably when it was converted from the 2020-21 season to 2021-22:

https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/202...angers-commit/
                              Heisenberg now has Dempsey coming in the fall.

Comment

Eagles landed a transfer from UAH. https://www.uscho.com/stats/player/mid,31323/Liam-Izyk/
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X