BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
    There is more to this story than we know. I think it is a real loss and will leave a hole in certain aspects of overall team BC is able to put on the ice, if there is season next Fall.
    Guessing you mean Räsänen. It’s a tough loss no doubt but certainly not a deal breaker for the team in my mind. If he was unhappy, whether it was as the only Finn or in his role, and wanted to go home, he wouldn’t been a good influence on the team anyways. This team will be very good, they should only want players who want to be here.

Comment

Re: BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

He offered to sit to let Merulla play on senior night. That's a good team guy. If he left because the twins are gone I can totally understand that. And if he got his degree on top of it or will complete in the summer online (is that a thing?)...more power to him.

Comment

With no hockey or sports to watch, I've put together the following. Assembled from Heisenberg, elite prospects & league websites. Wish I knew how to just insert the table from excel but see below

2022 Class
        YEAR 2019-20 HT WT DOB Stats Notes
        1 Grant Riley-G 2022 Janesville (NAHL) 6'4 194 8/28/2002 37GP 3.15GAA .911 Sv% Only 2002 birthdate goalie in the league, outside of NTDP only two 2002 birthdate goalies starting in USHL
        2 Will Traeger-LW 2022 Shattuck St.Mary's 5'7 165 4/10/2002 46GP 23G 25A 48P Will play for Minn Wilderness in NAHL next year
        3 Billy Norcross-RC 2022 Cushing Prep 6'1 172 3/16/2003 34GP 6G 24A 30P Sister, Savannah, is on BC Women's hockey team
        4 Lukas Gustafsson-LD 2022 Cushing Prep 5'10 176 12/16/2002 34 GP 15G 29A 44P #2 dman in scoring in Prep
        5 Tim Delay-RW 2022 St.Sebastians 5'11 153 6/16/2003 28 GP 13G 17A 30A 10th in Prep in scoring among Sophmores & Freshmen
        6 Charlie Leddy-RD 2022 Avon Old Farms 6'2 175 1/11/2004 27GP 1G 12A 13P NTDP U17 next year

2021 Class
        1 Jack Dempsey-LW 2021 Dexter Academy 6'3 191 5/17/200 1 30GP 16G 35A 51P 15th in Prep in points
        2 Paul Davey-LC 2021 Avon Old Farms 6' 160 1/11/2003 25GP 7G 12A 19P USHL rights: Des Moines Buccaneers
        3 Aidan Hreschuk-LD 2021 US NDPT U17 5'11 180 2/9/2003 49GP 4G 20A 24P
        4 Peter Reynolds-LC 2021 Chilliwack (BCHL) 5'10 170 1/20/2003 RS: 53 GP 14G 33A 47P PO: 7G 1G 0A 1P Lead Shattuck U16 in scoring w/ 71P in 51GP in 18/19
        5 Cam MacDonald-LW 2021 Sioux Falls (USHL) 6'2 183 5/4/2003 44GP 6G 14A 20P Prolific midget player, 126P in 52GP for Selects Academy

2020 Class
        1 Michael Posma-LW Cedar Rapids (USHL) 5'11 165 12/4/2001 43 GP 5G 6A 11P
        2 Harrison Roy-RW Des Moines (USHL) 5'11 158 1/17/2000 29 GP 5G 6A 11P
        3 Connor Joyce-W St.Sebastians 5'10 160 7/6/2001 28 GP 9G 24A 33P
        4 Steve Davis-RD 20/21 Madison (USHL) 6' 173 1/9/2002 45 GP 1G 6A 7P
        5 Jack Agnew-RD Chilliwack (BCHL) 5'11 180 10/22/2001 RS: 52 GP 3 G 19A 22P
        6 Tim Lovell-D Des Moines (USHL) 5'6 140 2/9/2002 31 GP 5G 12A 17P USHL stats only, 2020 NHL Draft CSS #179 NA Skater
        7 Nikita Nesterenko-LC Chilliwack (BCHL) 5'11 170 10/1/2001 56 GP, 20G 36A 56P Minnesota Wild 6th Rd Draft pick, #172 overall
        8 Henry Wilder-G Hotchkiss Prep 5'11 165 3/21/2001 20 GP 1.69 GAA .942 SVS% lead all of prep in sv%, undrafted LY, was ranked #14 NA goalie LY by CSS. Could be drafted TY
        9 Colby Ambrosio-RC Tri-City (USHL) 5'9 150 7/8/2002 48 GP 26G 24A 50P 2020 NHL Draft CSS #82 NA Skater
        10 Eamon Powell-RD US NDPT U18 5'10 168 5/10/2002 62 GP 11G 14A 25P 2020 NHL Draft CSS #49 NA Skater
        11 Danny Weight-LC Penticton (BCHL) 5'11 172 5/1/2001 58 GP, 25G 35A 60P 2020 NHL Draft CSS #116 NA Skater

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          He offered to sit to let Merulla play on senior night. That's a good team guy. If he left because the twins are gone I can totally understand that. And if he got his degree on top of it or will complete in the summer online (is that a thing?)...more power to him.
          Yes I was talking about Rasanen and I recall JY saying in 48 years he never had anyone come and say he was willing to give up ice time to let a senior play his last game on home ice. I was really surprised that he would leave but maybe it was the Finns, maybe the virus, or maybe being relegated to the 4th line after Giles went down. I think it was a big loss. There are many Freshman who can step in and take the place of a 4th player who logged significant time over the previous 3 years. He loses out on the success of the team in post season play for his Junior Year as well as what should be a very solid and top rated team his Senior Year.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
            Tim Delay
            Jack Dempsey
            Tim Lovell
            Nikita Nesterenko
            Danny Weight
            Some interesting names here:

Tim Delay - Wasn't there a Tim Delay who played at BC during late '80's, early 90's?
            Jack Dempsey - I bet he packs a punch; his grandfather's bar plays a brief, but crucial role in Godfather 1.
            Tim Lovell - Son of Tim Lovell who played at UMaine during the mid-90's? UMass, too.
            Nikita Nesterenko - Grandson of Eric?
            Danny Weight - Son of Doug?
            Last edited by buoldtimer; 04-07-2020, 08:46 AM.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              Some interesting names here:

Tim Delay - Wasn't there a Tim Delay who played at BC during late '80's, early 90's? Yup that's his son
              Jack Dempsey - I bet he packs a punch; his grandfather's bar plays a brief, but crucial role in Godfather 1.
              Tim Lovell - Son of Tim Lovell who played at UMaine during the mid-90's? UMass, too. yup that's his dad, and uncle Joe played at Bentley
              Nikita Nesterenko - Grandson of Eric? no, his family is from Russia & Eric was Ukranian
              Danny Weight - Son of Doug? Yup, son of Doug
              See above in bold

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Went to the same team as Jesper M. on the same day if that tells you anything:

https://***********/ep_transfers/sta...60119097040897

https://***********/ep_transfers/sta...60270507270144

Comment

Was just coming here to say that. It really makes total sense to me. Just hope he got his degree or is very close.

Comment

Newhook wins National Rookie of the Year!

https://www.uscho.com/2020/04/10/bos...ns-d-i-hockey/
                    Last edited by theprofromdover; 04-10-2020, 05:12 PM.
                    Originally posted by mookie1995
                    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

BC did a nice job recapping all the national championship teams with great videos featuring a key player from each team. I do have to ask... I know Kobasew was FF MOP (MVP) but the logical guy is your OT goal scorer that ended the 52-year wait with a beautiful goal. He always seemed somewhat shy but what is the deal with Kolanos? Does anyone have any insight? Is he healthy considering concussion troubles in the pros? Is he just not into his 2 years at BC? He is such a critical figure in BC hockey history.

Cool to see Kobasew though. We gotta get those two guys back on campus... maybe do a Canada day at the Heights and bring back all the great canucks (sorry Snooks).
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        BC did a nice job recapping all the national championship teams with great videos featuring a key player from each team. I do have to ask... I know Kobasew was FF MOP (MVP) but the logical guy is your OT goal scorer that ended the 52-year wait with a beautiful goal. He always seemed somewhat shy but what is the deal with Kolanos? Does anyone have any insight? Is he healthy considering concussion troubles in the pros? Is he just not into his 2 years at BC? He is such a critical figure in BC hockey history.

Cool to see Kobasew though. We gotta get those two guys back on campus... maybe do a Canada day at the Heights and bring back all the great canucks (sorry Snooks).
                        Kolanos was not the most popular player in the locker room, by far.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Did they do 2008 yet? Don't think I saw that one. Gerbe should be a no brainer there.

Comment

bc has really upped their social media game, the ben smith lookback was awesome.

today is also the 5 year anniversary of a famous game at the td garden

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                              bc has really upped their social media game, the ben smith lookback was awesome.

today is also the 5 year anniversary of a famous game at the td garden
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N58_speevDo
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Ok, so I posted something similar to the below in the 2019-20 season thread but I wanted to bring it back up here so people can discuss it.

I'm very concerned about our depth next year. Sure, we will have some elite forwards in Hutsko, Boldy, and Newhook. We will also have a legit goalie in Knight, but I'm worried about forward depth and our defense. As of right now, the defense has only three players who have played college hockey: Karow, Helleson, and Warren. I like Helleson and Warren a lot and think they will be great four year guys, but it's a lot to ask them to lead the defense as sophomores. Karow is decent, but I'm not sure I feel comfortable with him playing big minutes as a top guy. As of right now, we have three freshmen defensemen coming in next season. Eamon Powell and Timmy Lovell should be very good four-year players, but they could struggle a bit next season as freshmen. Lovell is also only 5'6" so who knows how effective he'll be. Our seventh D-man right now will be Mitch Andres, who is simply not that good. We definitely need another D-man. I really hope the staff brings in a grad transfer. We desperately need it on the back end. The D-pairings are going to look something like this right now:

Karow - Helleson
                                Warren - Powell
                                Lovell - Agnew

Switching to offense, the top line will be elite. Newhook, Hardman, and Boldy will be a nightmare for opponents. After that, the second line should include Hutsko, McBain, and maybe one of the freshman. After that, I'm just not sure if we'll have the depth that we had this year to be able to compete for a national championship. I still think we'll be good on offense, but I just think we need more depth overall. I'd like to see the staff bring in a grad transfer. I was really hoping Tim Doherty from Maine was going to transfer here, but he ended up committing to Penn State. We only have 14 forwards for next season, so I think we'll definitely need to bring in at least one more in case of injuries. Here's what the forward lines could look like (I'm ignoring whether they play left wing, right wing, or center):

Hardman - Newhook - Boldy
                                Hutsko - Ambrosio - McBain
                                McLaughlin - Giles - Carreau
                                Weight - Nesterenko - Posma

That would leave off Harrison Roy and Gentry Shamburger. The third and fourth lines are concerning to be quite honest, especially with Giles' injury history. Hopefully people chime in because I'd love to hear what other people think about next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X