Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stoked to see Knight play lights out tonight. Very well deserved

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
      Stoked to see Knight play lights out tonight. Very well deserved
      They probably should have started him in game 4. Outstanding game from him especially considering the first shot of the game was a goal. Horrific defending on that one.

      Comment


      • Congrats to the lady Lax-ers!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Congrats to the lady Lax-ers!
          Whether it's UMass hockey or BC lacrosse, it's all about the coach. Make good hires and you can win at a high level.

          Comment


          • Works for men's hockey too

            Comment


            • Wonder if Charlotte North can skate?

              Comment


              • Greg Brown named HC in USHL. If he does well that would seem to put him on the path to be a HC in college. Without knowing when York will retire, who knows how this will play out. Timing wise I think right now my money would be on JD Forrest as the next HC. Current HC in the AHL. But maybe he has NHL aspirations.

                Comment


                • York is still going strong, spoke to him few weeks ago. Very excited about the incoming group and looking forward to a more regular season of hockey. Noted that the loss of Hutsko really hurt in the post season, kid had a star crossed college career. Hope he can stick in the BIGS.

                  Comment


                  • Hutsko was a major loss. His play making always created scoring chances. We basically lost a whole line when we lost him.

                    That 2020 team would have won the NC. They had depth, senior leadership and great goaltending. It took JY 4 years to build that team.

                    Go Eagles!

                    Comment


                    • Yup and York said the Cotton was the best Captain he ever had at BC. That is seriously high praise because he had some good ones.

                      Comment


                      • Harrison Roy not returning to BC. And a very reliable source told me it's because he won't get the vaccine. So which schools are requiring it? I bet he ends up at Arizona State. Kinda incredible to me that nothing more than a depth player would throw away a BC education because of not wanting to get the vaccine.

                        Can Hockey East implement a vaccine policy?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Harrison Roy not returning to BC. And a very reliable source told me it's because he won't get the vaccine. So which schools are requiring it? I bet he ends up at Arizona State. Kinda incredible to me that nothing more than a depth player would throw away a BC education because of not wanting to get the vaccine.

                          Can Hockey East implement a vaccine policy?
                          BU is requiring it. A quick google search shows that NU, Providence, U Mass, UML, Harvard, Merrimack, UVM all are requiring it. I'm sure there are many others. I'd guess schools that don't will be the exception.

                          It will be interesting to see if leagues can implement policies or if individual schools will as well (I suppose it is possible some could decide to only play games against other schools whose teams are fully vaccinated).

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            Kinda incredible to me that nothing more than a depth player would throw away a BC education because of not wanting to get the vaccine.
                            I agree, pretty crazy if true.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

                              BU is requiring it. A quick google search shows that NU, Providence, U Mass, UML, Harvard, Merrimack, UVM all are requiring it. I'm sure there are many others. I'd guess schools that don't will be the exception.

                              It will be interesting to see if leagues can implement policies or if individual schools will as well (I suppose it is possible some could decide to only play games against other schools whose teams are fully vaccinated).
                              My understanding is Maine will require it once it is fully authorized.

                              Let this story be a prime example of how effective misinformation is.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

                              Comment


                              • Aidan Hreschuk goes in the 3rd round to Carolina.

                                also, former commit Cam MacDonald who opted for QMJHL goes in the 5th round to Tampa. Always wild to me to see a player spurn a school like BC only to be drafted in the 5th round

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X