No announcement yet.

BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 goals as a sophomore and 12 as a junior. Looks like a solid addition.

Comment

• I wonder if he was injured this year, he was on the first line early in the year and then missed several games. Another 23 year old in the lineup is just what we need with the young skilled forwards we have. He can probably play on any line.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• We have 10 forwards returning, 2 transfers and 4 freshmen coming in for a total of 16 not counting Shamburger. I still think they are looking for another defenseman. They only have 7 unless you count Shamburger as the 8th defenseman.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Who are the 4 forwards you have coming in? I assume it's 4 of these 5:

Posma
          Gasseau
          Davey
          Traeger
          Argentina

Comment

• Connor Joyce, Argentina, Gasseau, Posma, Dempsey. It’s actually 5 freshman forwards plus 2 transfer forwards.

Trager & Davey are listed as 2022. Gasseau is as well, but I’m sure with his skill he will be coming in this fall.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• BC just picked up another defenseman- 6’7” 240 lbs - Cade Alami - aka the “Butcher”! 20 year old freshman projected 2nd round pick.

With Alami and Wells, BC is definitely in the mix for a Natty in 21!

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                BC just picked up another defenseman- 6’7” 240 lbs - Cade Alami - aka the “Butcher”! 20 year old freshman projected 2nd round pick.

Go Eagles!
                He's actually not that physical, and was not picked in last year's draft despite being eligible. However, he'll fit the Jack Agnew role. Plus, his dad played football at BC, and his younger sister went to school with my kids (she just picked UVA [Edit, got off the wait list at Columbia], so a big week for the family). They're good peeps. Glad it worked out for him.
                Last edited by NCAA watcher; 05-14-2021, 09:33 AM.
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

• Unless I have missed it, don't think Michael Karow has ended up anywhere yet. Maybe St. Thomas could be a landing spot? That's me just speculating.

This latest addition rounds out the defense. Now the guessing game as to which freshmen forwards are coming in.

Comment

• He is not Orpik, but Alami is a smooth skating and skilled defenseman. He has good offensive instincts and with his reach he breaks up a lot of plays. He will be a 20 year old freshman and he has a lot of upside especially in his junior and senior years if he stays that long.

Go Eagles!

Comment

BC just picked up another defenseman- 6’7” 240 lbs - Cade Alami - aka the “Butcher”! 20 year old freshman projected 2nd round pick.

Go Eagles!
                      Projected 2nd round pick in your mind or what? This kid plays in something called the NCDC, which I've never heard of in my life, and he was draft eligible the last two years. He will not be picked in the 2nd round nor the 7th round lol
                      Last edited by Bonin21; 05-11-2021, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• He only played in the NCDC this year because of the pandemic. He played in BCHL the previous year. The question might be why not the USHL but he's from NY and got to play in New Jersey. Maybe he liked that situation better considering I don't believe the USHL has a team in that area. That's not to say he will be a 2nd round pick in this year's draft. I have no idea if he will be drafted this time around. But I think there is a logical explanation for playing in the NCDC this season.

Comment

Go Eagles!
                          Take a deep breath. Or two.
                          The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                          BC - 12
                          BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

Go Eagles!
                            He'll be a double overager going into this years draft. Do not know where the 2nd round projection is coming from. And if he's not that physical, will he even be better than Karrow? What more would he bring, other than inches? Plus, I doubt his skating is above average, because NHL teams would've been all over a 6'7 defenseman that can skate. We shall see though. Guessing he's not getting any $

Comment

• He's the #7 or 8 dman

Weight transferring to CC. Not surprising but he was good in the BCHL. Thought he had a chance to be a good 4 yr player but going to CC probably means an immediate uptick in ice time.

Comment

• The guy that said second round is likely a family member or close friend of the kid

Comment

Working...
                                X