Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In watching most of the tournament games including all of the 5 OT’s, there is no doubt that BC would have won the NC last year. No way that North Dakota team could have beaten last year’s BC team.

    This is a completely different year for BC with only one senior. I did not expect BU to put up much of an offense against St. Cloud because BU just does not have the guns this year. The key for BC is how they match up physically against a much older St. Cloud St. team with 8 seniors. They have two 6’4” and two 6’3” defenseman. They probably had something to do with BU not generating offense.

    I don’t see the extra rest being an advantage in this game. There are 3, two minute, TV timeouts each period. St. Cloud has had more than 24 hours of rest. It would be a huge factor if we were playing Duluth today. The winner of this game has a great chance to win it all.

    Go Eagles!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
      In watching most of the tournament games including all of the 5 OT’s, there is no doubt that BC would have won the NC last year. No way that North Dakota team could have beaten last year’s BC team.
      You're funny. BC couldn't even beat Denver last year, and the Pioneers were a mid-tier NCHC team last year. But what do I know. I mean, you guys did go 1-1-1 against New Hampshire last year...certain National Champions.

      ; - )
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

      Comment


      • Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        a drunk Limey.
        I don't know if a sober limey exists.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

        Comment


        • BC played Denver early on without Hutsko and the team took off down the stretch. With that said, I certainly wouldn't say no shot that UND beats them last year. I did feel better about last year's BC team. I think it was a better version of this year's team. But who knows if that even matters. These games are hard to win. Even for what I would still consider to be the best team...UND. Unfortunately for them it's not a best of 7.

          Comment


          • We will miss Hustko and he doesn't get the opportunity to play at the end of two seasons, sad ending for him.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              BC played Denver early on without Hutsko and the team took off down the stretch. With that said, I certainly wouldn't say no shot that UND beats them last year. I did feel better about last year's BC team. I think it was a better version of this year's team. But who knows if that even matters. These games are hard to win. Even for what I would still consider to be the best team...UND. Unfortunately for them it's not a best of 7.
              I was more so pointing out how ridiculous the post was. I felt better about North Dakota's team last year too. Unfortunately, they didn't have the opportunity to try it out in an NCAA Tournament last year. As disappointing and gut-wrenching as the loss last night was, at least they got to play for a national title. That's all you can ask for.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

              Comment


              • Lineup just posted. BC will go with the regular home whites and not the white throwbacks.

                - Shamburger still in on RW4. Weight still out.
                - Lovell extra Dman, Andres LD3.
                - Kuntar moved up from 4th line to 2nd line

                19-18-12
                15-25-24
                13-11-27
                22-26-14

                5-4
                2-7
                10-3
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

                Comment


                • The Andres and Kuntar moves send a clear message on the type of game they are expecting and/or think they have to play in order to win.

                  Comment


                  • With TV timeouts I am not sure how much you will see that 4th line

                    Comment


                    • Good luck to the Eagles. Go Hockey East.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        The Andres and Kuntar moves send a clear message on the type of game they are expecting and/or think they have to play in order to win.
                        I don't mind moving Kuntar up, think that could be a good move. Andres move scares the heck out of me. He has not looked great in spot duty this year. Granted, the jury is still out on Lovell and he is susceptible to getting trucked due to his size (which happened at times, particularly vs BU). You may not see that 3rd pairing rolled out as regularly as the top two pairs. But perhaps Andres will work well with St. Ivany.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

                        Comment


                        • Good luck. Hoping for a BC win, to get two HE teams in the FF. Also makes BU's game look worse, which could help in the long run :-)

                          I don't want you to win it all of course, but tonight, I'm a fan.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

                            I don't mind moving Kuntar up, think that could be a good move. Andres move scares the heck out of me. He has not looked great in spot duty this year. Granted, the jury is still out on Lovell and he is susceptible to getting trucked due to his size (which happened at times, particularly vs BU). You may not see that 3rd pairing rolled out as regularly as the top two pairs. But perhaps Andres will work well with St. Ivany.
                            Maybe they will roll 5 d? I'd want St. Ivany out there.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by J.D. View Post

                              Maybe they will roll 5 d? I'd want St. Ivany out there.
                              You may be right... haven't seen much of either Andres or Lovell. St. Ivany finished the period with Karow.

                              Lots of good scoring chances in that period for BC. SCSU maybe 2 or 3 good looks. Need to continue to manage the puck. Good pace and some good physicality.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

                              Comment


                              • Carreau had good period, forced a nice pad save and then the defensemen made a great play to cut off his pass to an open winger. Keep moving your feet good things happen.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X