Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petrecki was my favorite. I’ll never forget the game against Miami in the 2008 regional final when he pummeled Miami’s big guy into the ice, set the tone for the whole game.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
      Petrecki was my favorite. I’ll never forget the game against Miami in the 2008 regional final when he pummeled Miami’s big guy into the ice, set the tone for the whole game.

Go Eagles!
      Not sure, but that Miami big guy might have been Ryan Jones.

Comment

• SCSU has some impressive wins which includes the likes of UND

Looking at their stats they're deep offensively like BC

After a bad game vs UML Knight will have to be on his best and the BC team defense minimize mistakes and turnovers

They got a break with Notre Dame and need one win to get to the FF.
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• UMD who had a bye beat ND who was by a wide margin the best team in the tournament. Dont ever say a bye isn’t a massive advantage. Fresh legs wins.

Comment

• Dear lord you are insufferable. There is no way to quantify how rest factored into the outcome of that game last night. In fact, Jake Sanderson was the best player on the ice all the way through to the end of the game. But just because UMD won you think it fits your agenda.

Comment

• Not to mention the one player who left the game due to cramps was the Duluth goalie. And UMD still won with the backup coming in cold.

Comment

• Game day... this is what separates the men from the boys. Need to win this game for many reasons.
                Originally posted by reBlur
                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  Dear lord you are insufferable. There is no way to quantify how rest factored into the outcome of that game last night. In fact, Jake Sanderson was the best player on the ice all the way through to the end of the game. But just because UMD won you think it fits your agenda.
                  I don’t think....I know. You can quantify rest. A rested UMD team was the difference in that game. I know you won’t admit that but it’s true.

Comment

Dear lord you are insufferable. There is no way to quantify how rest factored into the outcome of that game last night. In fact, Jake Sanderson was the best player on the ice all the way through to the end of the game. But just because UMD won you think it fits your agenda.
                    The fact that UMD did not have to play Friday Night and UND did, certainly was a factor in favor of the Bulldogs. However, the fact that North Dakota got to play the night before and shake some rust off and Duluth didn't...was also certainly a factor in favor of the Fighting Hawks. I'm not sure which factor was more consequential. Ultimately, Minnesota Duluth winning had more to do with the fact that they are one of the best teams in college hockey, and they are completely in their element in NCAA Tournament games. Also, North Dakota looked the more energetic team by about the end of the second overtime, and then the rest of the way. So, UMD certainly had some advantage with the rest, but that advantage was long gone by the time the game winning goal was scored.

It does suck that it played out this way though, and I would much rather have had the opportunity for both teams to square off on level footing. But, the reality of life hit. Ultimately, I'm just glad they got to play...even if it meant my team losing in heartbreaking fashion in the longest NCAA Tournament game in history.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Really frustrated that the game is not on ESPN or NESN but I am looking forward to it. They have only played 4 games in the last month and are 2-2. Need to redeem the end of the season. They may be fresh but a little rusty, first 10 minutes will be critical for measuring the opponent and their confidence. Play to win from the drop of the puck.
                      Last edited by DNAEagle; 03-28-2021, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Look for the freshmen to get some goals today. Nesterenko and Ambrosio are going to be factors.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          Also, North Dakota looked the more energetic team by about the end of the second overtime, and then the rest of the way. So, UMD certainly had some advantage with the rest, but that advantage was long gone by the time the game winning goal was scored.
                          This is tough news for Lemonade! He just can't wait to downplay BC in the FF if they win today.

Comment

• Originally posted by DNAEagle View Post
                            Really frustrated that the game is not on ESPN or NESN but I am looking forward to it. They have only played 4 games in the last month and are 2-2. Need to redeem the end of the season. They may be fresh but a little rusty, first 10 minutes will be critical for measuring the opponent and their confidence. Play to win from the drop of the puck.
                            You have ESPN but not ESPN2?
                            Last edited by J.D.; 03-28-2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

This is tough news for Lemonade! He just can't wait to downplay BC in the FF if they win today.
                              It will be interesting to see how the BC/SCSU game plays out. North Dakota jumped on Duluth early, and nearly scored on the opening shift. That was the "rust" advantage that North Dakota had. Had they been able to capitalize there, it probably is a different game. Then Duluth really poured it on midway through the second and early in the third to gain the 2-goal lead. That was the "rest" advantage that the Bulldogs had. North Dakota was able to overcome that at the end of regulation, and the two "advantages" weren't really a factor from about midway through the second overtime through the rest of the game. They certainly played zero role as to who won in the fifth overtime.

Who knows if the same will hold true for the BC/SCSU game. SCSU had a much more difficult game against BU than North Dakota had against AIC.

All that being said, if BC wins, it will likely be because they are the better team. I haven't seen them play yet this year, so I'm looking forward to see how they match up with St. Cloud.

North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Yeah looking for a #1 seed upset today you dolt. BC is the favorite, higher seeds, better odds in Vegas and rested. They should win.

Comment

Working...
                                X