Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame on BC for not bowing out along with ND!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

"If BC gets another"....its kind of at that point already isn't it. They will only have to win 3 games while everyone else would have to beat 4 of the top 16 teams in the country to win it all. Thats a massive advantage is it not? If this happened to North Dakota everyone would be saying the same thing as well.
      For years we had this very format with byes being awarded to the top 4 teams (if we were in a 12-team format tourney from the old days, BC would have received a bye since they were #2 overall).
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

They explored that option. They wanted to do it in Pittsburgh but couldn't make it work.
        aka Money talks
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Far be it from me to defend BC - heh - but I totally disagree with you. They were advancing regardless of this situation and you cannot tell me any differently. There is a two -week break between this weekend and the Frozen Four. You mean to tell me that the other three regional finals winners will be at such a disadvantage with a two week rest? A non-issue.
          You do realize a #1 seed doesn't guarantee you advance correct? Totally idiotic to say they were advancing regardless. Do you realize that injuries happen and not playing another game at that tempo vs that quality team isn't a massive advantage then I cant help you.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post

aka Money talks
            Huh?

Comment

Legitimate to who? If a team wins the title via multiple/4 defaults...ok. People can have their opinions on what it means. But if BC were to beat St. Cloud, Minnesota and North Dakota en route to a title only people like Lemonade will be lamenting that BC didn't have to play mediocre Notre Dame to start.
              If BC wins three games to win NC I would definitely consider in legitimate. If it’s only one or two I would probably feel differently. Hopefully Notre Dame is the only team that runs into an issue.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post

You do realize a #1 seed doesn't guarantee you advance correct? Totally idiotic to say they were advancing regardless. Do you realize that injuries happen and not playing another game at that tempo vs that quality team isn't a massive advantage then I cant help you.

:bangs head several times on my desk:
                Oh for the love of God, you're making me do this again. Hey BC peeps, I'm going to need some credit for this.

1. Apparently you aren't aware of my "BC will always win to make Scarlet depressed/upset/angry" mode that has been brought up multiple times on the BU thread over the course of SEVERAL years. Before this happened, I was actually leaning 60/40 that Notre Dame would be the team coming out of this region because they were added in at the last moment. And if you had been following BU hockey as long as I have you would know never to cross me on things like "You do realize a #1 seed doesn't guarantee your advance correct"

2. Your previous post was how BC would have an advantage over the other three region winners AT THE FROZEN FOUR. Which is two weeks away. A team that has to play two games this weekend and has a two week break had no disadvantage over a team that only played one game this weekend and also has a two week break. They don't. This was how it used to be at the super regionals back in the day. And on a few occasions, the team that played day one that had to play a team that got a bye sometimes beat the team that got a bye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

If BC wins three games to win NC I would definitely consider in legitimate. If it’s only one or two I would probably feel differently. Hopefully Notre Dame is the only team that runs into an issue.
                  if BC only had to play a mediocre UMass-Lowell team to win Hockey East...oh wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

:bangs head several times on my desk:
                    Oh for the love of God, you're making me do this again. Hey BC peeps, I'm going to need some credit for this.

1. Apparently you aren't aware of my "BC will always win to make Scarlet depressed/upset/angry" mode that has been brought up multiple times on the BU thread over the course of SEVERAL years. Before this happened, I was actually leaning 60/40 that Notre Dame would be the team coming out of this region because they were added in at the last moment. And if you had been following BU hockey as long as I have you would know never to cross me on things like "You do realize a #1 seed doesn't guarantee your advance correct"

2. Your previous post was how BC would have an advantage over the other three region winners AT THE FROZEN FOUR. Which is two weeks away. A team that has to play two games this weekend and has a two week break had no disadvantage over a team that only played one game this weekend and also has a two week break. They don't. This was how it used to be at the super regionals back in the day. And on a few occasions, the team that played day one that had to play a team that got a bye sometimes beat the team that got a bye.

I love how people rationalize that winning 3 games is the same as winning 4 games in the NCAA playoff format.

From the other post:

Since the seismic Holy Cross upset of #1 seed Minnesota in 2006, the top seeds in regionals have been vulnerable.

Counting that 2006 field, there have been 56 number one seeds in a region (4 per tournament). 23 of them lost to the #4 seeded team in their first game, that's more than 41% of them. The 2005 tournament was the last one where all the #1 seeds won their opening game of the tournament.

Holy Cross 4, Minnesota 3 (OT)

UMass 1, Clarkson 0 (OT)
                    Miami 2, New Hampshire 1

Notre Dame 7, New Hampshire 3

Air Force 2, Michigan 0
                    Bemidji State 5, Notre Dame 1
                    Miami 4, Denver 2

RIT 2, Denver 1

Colorado College 8, Boston College 4
                    New Hampshire 3, Miami 1

Cornell 3, Michigan 2 (OT)

Yale 3, Minnesota 2 (OT)
                    St. Cloud State 5, Notre Dame 1

North Dakota 5, Wisconsin 2

RIT 2, Minnesota State 1
                    Providence 7, Miami 5

Minnesota Duluth 3, Providence 2 (2OT)
                    Ferris State 5, St. Cloud State 4 (OT)

Notre Dame 3, Minnesota 2

Air Force 4, St. Cloud State 1
                    Boston University 3, Cornell 1

American International 2, St. Cloud State 1
                    Providence 6, Minnesota State 3

If this happened to ND or any other team I would be saying the same thing. Its a massive advantage. Take it. But its huge. Everyone of these games are essentially a coin flip and not having to flip the coin one time is a phenomenal advantage.
                    Last edited by Lemonade; 03-25-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Scarlet, you only get partial credit. Simply because it's easy to take on this moron! Just like another BU poster has done to him on Twitter.

Comment

Scarlet, you only get partial credit. Simply because it's easy to take on this moron! Just like another BU poster has done to him on Twitter.
                        Nuh uh JD. I'm doing this in the BC thread, defending BC. It's....it's just not done. I need more than partial otherwise I'll hate you all more than I already do. Which is a lot!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          The issue I see is what if BC gets another default and goes on to ‘win’ the title? Would that be considered legitimate? The NCAA should have gone away from the regionals and built in more time in case teams ran into issues like this.
                          personally, i will wait for affirmation from lemonade

Comment

Scarlet, you only get partial credit. Simply because it's easy to take on this moron! Just like another BU poster has done to him on Twitter.
                            Please - yes, apparently I am incorrect. Winning 4 games in the NCAA tournament is easier than winning 3 games. My apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

personally, i will wait for affirmation from lemonade
                              keep waiting....you guys are right though. This is no advantage for BC at all. None. My bad.

Comment

• Yes, it's absolutely an advantage to GET to the Frozen Four with only needing to win one game when everyone else (as of right now) has to win two. But once we're to that point, really not an advantage. MAYBE you didn't take an injury that could have happened in the first game but that's it. Everyone is rested at that point.

So yes, it's an advantage. No, there wasn't anything BC could do about it. It couldn't have happened in any region. It is what it is.

I'm happy that they at least moved the BU/SCSU game up to 1pm so at least the winner will get a little more rest than the would have otherwise.

Game on.

Comment

Working...
                                X