No announcement yet.

BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good that these guys are coming back to finish their degrees, make the most of it. Given that the NCAA has given everyone an extra year I imagine there will be a number of guys who are not NHL ready staying and with Freshmen coming in rosters will be full unless little used players want more ice time. I am not in favor of it but this is not your father's college hockey world. With the exception of Newhook I don't there is anyone on the team that is NHL ready, maybe Knight but I think he will be riding the bus to Worcester next year. They are need to get bigger and stronger to play at the NHL level. The off season is going to be like free agency across college hockey.

Comment

• Has the USHL etc been playing? I wonder if a lot of kids will be delayed a year from coming to colleges.

Comment

• OK tough bracket and first round game. Worst part is that ND games are as exciting as watching grass grow.

Time to play big boy hockey or go home.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Jim Logue was a huge loss behind the bench after 2012. Goes without saying.
          100%. The lack of hardware tells the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Elbowing is the moron who thinks all of York's success was because of Cav

God damn I need emojis!
            It was a fun decade of dominance, I miss it.

Comment

• Went to FF in 14 and 16, hard to win every time you go. Lost 7 players to NHL, including Demko, had some down years (for BC) but still tied for HE RS title in 2018, were poised to have a good post season last year. This year they need to overcome some recent disappointing seasons. They are good and they have an excellent goaltender. Looking forward to the week end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                OK tough bracket and first round game. Worst part is that ND games are as exciting as watching grass grow.

Time to play big boy hockey or go home.
                No question, very difficult road to the FF. They certainly will have earned it if they get there. ND just sucks the life out of games. Even when you look at the program AIC has, a lot of times these 1 v 4 games turn out to be toss ups. Especially difficult to know this year with no non conference. Just happy we're on the cusp of a tournament and BC is in it.

Comment

• I like the matchup. ND gives up a lot of goals. I think they are going to have a lot of trouble with our speed. They are not an old, big physical team.

I’m more concerned with getting our 2nd and 3rd lines on the scoresheet and getting regular shifts out of the 4th line. Also, we need and can improve our overall team defense.

BU v St. Cloud St. will hopefully be a slugfest!

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                    I'm more concerned with getting our 2nd and 3rd lines on the scoresheet and getting regular shifts out of the 4th line.
                    Shortening the bench against ND is the big concern to me. ND is always deep and will likely roll 4 lines all night. I do like having last change against this team. Matchups are going to be important and with a coach like Jackson, that is going to be a game within a game. Sometimes you get too caught up in it and get burned though. Will be interesting to watch.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Had SLU stayed in the field, BC would have drawn them or AIC.

Comment

• Someone help me out here... off the top of my head, BC is 3-0 in the NCAAs in Albany under York, correct?

I've got the 1998 regional final win over Colorado College and the two wins over Michigan and North Dakota in 2001 as the three games I can think of.

Let's be happy the brackets didn't put us at the Dunk or that god-awful St. Louis arena.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• I think you have Albany correct. Providence and St. Louis...the two houses of horror. Wasn't the national title game loss to BU in Providence way back when? So you have that, the 2000 loss to UND, regional final loss to Cornell, regional semifinal loss to Union and regional semifinal loss to Denver in 2015.

I really do miss the old 12 team format. It placed a significant importance on RS results if you were able to get one of those 4 byes into the QF round. Better atmosphere. Take '98 as an example. You get 4 games instead of the 3 you get now at a regional. And on the same day you get to see BC advance to the FF you get to see UNH beat BU in OT to conclude a stunning end to BUs season after losing to Merrimack in game 3 of the HE QFs.

Outside of beating BU in Worcester in 2006, I think the most enjoyable regional wins were '99 and '00 when BC went out west and beat 4 western teams. And I think both UND in '99 and Wisconsin in '00 were ranked #1 when BC beat them.

In the east, Worcester and Manchester have been more kind. If you toss in Albany, BC is 21-1 in those three locations since '98. That is absolutely mind boggling. The lone defeat was a forgettable performance from Cory Schneider against UND in 2005.

0-2 in the FF at the Garden.
                          Last edited by J.D.; 03-22-2021, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

Outside of beating BU in Worcester in 2006, I think the most enjoyable regional wins were '99 and '00 when BC went out west and beat 4 western teams. And I think both UND in '99 and Wisconsin in '00 were ranked #1 when BC beat them.
                            The NCAA record book only shows a ranking, across regionals, starting in 2002, which also happened to be the last year of the 12 team field. That year UNH and BU, out of the east, were 1 and 4, respectively, and DU and MN, out of the West, were 2 and 3.

However, in 1999, UND was the #1 seed in the west, as was Wisconsin a year later.

Edit: Here is a link to the brackets, for those interested. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/frozen...9-Brackets.pdf
                            Last edited by SJHovey; 03-22-2021, 02:21 PM.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

The NCAA record book only shows a ranking, across regionals, starting in 2002, which also happened to be the last year of the 12 team field. That year UNH and BU, out of the east, were 1 and 4, respectively, and DU and MN, out of the West, were 2 and 3.

However, in 1999, UND was the #1 seed in the west, as was Wisconsin a year later.

Edit: Here is a link to the brackets, for those interested. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/frozen...9-Brackets.pdf
                              I'm 99% sure ND and UW were the #1 overall seeds in 1999 and 2000 and #1 in the polls as well I believe.

I love the fact that it happened because it drives Schlossman crazy and he pretends these results didn't happen.
                              Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-22-2021, 03:27 PM.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

I'm 99% sure ND and UW were the #1 overall seeds in 1999 and 2000 and #1 in the pools as well I believe.

I love the fact that it happened because it drives Schlossman crazy and he pretends these results didn't happen.
                                I think Schlossman was in high school when those games were played.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X