Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know why Connelly said you might think BC led that charge. I think BC was in first when it was announced. Glad he cleared that up and said it didn't come from BC. So who led the charge on not awarding the title? Could that be the third team in contention? You know, that team with the coach who took shots at BU earlier in the year...

Comment

• I just don't understand why ADs cared. Why is this a hill to die on for them?

Comment

• I was very concerned when they hired an assistant AD from UNH to be commissioner of HEA. It’s just way to small of an operation to come from. This guy is clearly in over his head. Not awarding a RS champ for either the men or the women is inexcusable. Not given out the information for the HEPI is completely incompetent. HEA is the only conference not to award a RS champ or release their criteria for how they rank the teams.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• At the risk of sound like a Mildcat fan and putting too much weight on the RS title*, here's what I'd like to see.

- BC wins tonight in regulation, topping both % of points and HEPI standings.

Should that happen:
          - BC pulls out an old trophy from the case, skates around with it, takes a team picture with it, announces themselves as Hockey East RS champions on the BC athletics website and socials, and puts up some RS championship T-Shirts on sale at the bookstore.
          - Then in October, make it a point to have 2020-2021 added to the RS banner up in the Conte rafters. Maybe even photoshop it in there tonight for socials and tag some other member institutions that likely objected to awarding it (I think the speculation above is accurate).

Just to make it a point to everyone that we are indeed getting screwed here. It seems the league needs reminding of how bad they screwed this up in addition to some member institutions. The ones that disagree with the decision made will have no problems with it. And the ones that caused this mess can eat some chit (and we don't really care what anyone else thinks anyway).

*I think we can all agree that while postseason is what matters, this year's bungling of the RS championship requires some additional stress being put on the situation.

This league has always been a Mickey Mouse operation and it's gotten worse. The league needs some leadership, needs to take control of the situation, and if any member institutions don't like it, they can go play in the EZAC.
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• If not a real trophy, everyone pass around and hoist an invisible trophy!

It's really too much to ask of Hockey East to let people know what the various results could mean? Sure the coaches must have the formula but fans simply have to go to the HE site and hit refresh all night long.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              I don't know why Connelly said you might think BC led that charge. I think BC was in first when it was announced. Glad he cleared that up and said it didn't come from BC. So who led the charge on not awarding the title? Could that be the third team in contention? You know, that team with the coach who took shots at BU earlier in the year...
              I'm not a big Connolly fan but his thesis about this shortsighted decision being a de facto face wash to all of the athletes who endured the uncertainties of an uncertain season is spot-on. And as stinko as this move is on the men's side, it's beyond egregious on the women's side, where there is a clear and unarguable wire-to-wire champion.

Personally, I'm just happy to get any kind of season in and I don't care who the regular season champion(s) might have been. The fact that college hockey has persevered is a butt end to the faces of both the disease and the naysayers who kept telling us we would never get this far.
              Last edited by Split-N; 03-05-2021, 08:24 AM.
              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

If not a real trophy, everyone pass around and hoist an invisible trophy!

It's really too much to ask of Hockey East to let people know what the various results could mean? Sure the coaches must have the formula but fans simply have to go to the HE site and hit refresh all night long.
                I believe officials of member institutions have the formula. I'm surprised and frankly disappointed someone didn't leak this info out so it could be disseminated to folks.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Absolutely. I am curious how it went down. Did they decide on men's hockey first and then that was the decision for women's? Was it a joint decision? BC women came in 2nd. As we saw with their typical playoff meltdown, NU is the best team in HE and should absolutely declare themselves RS champions. No asterisk needed. And I feel the same about the BC men's team should they win it.

Comment

• Great 3rd period to become deserving HEPI/RS champs

Comment

Absolutely. I am curious how it went down. Did they decide on men's hockey first and then that was the decision for women's? Was it a joint decision? BC women came in 2nd. As we saw with their typical playoff meltdown, NU is the best team in HE and should absolutely declare themselves RS champions. No asterisk needed. And I feel the same about the BC men's team should they win it.
                      NU women’s team ran away with it.

If BU wins tomorrow they would have the same winning percentage as BC and BU beat BC in regulation vs losing in OT. Edge BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by lemonade View Post
                        if bu wins tomorrow they would have the same winning percentage as bc and bu beat bc in regulation vs losing in ot. Edge bu.
                        lol.
                        Originally posted by reBlur
                        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• You can't fix stupid

Comment

Great 3rd period to become deserving HEPI/RS champs
                            Congrats. Your guys won fair and square so a tip of this Husky's helmet. Hoping your guys enjoy ogling the men's regular season championship trophy as much as the NU women enjoy what's rightly theirs. See all y'all in the playoffs (maybe).
                            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

You can't fix stupid
                              It’s stupid to say the men’s hockey East title is so clear it wouldn’t need an asterisk. I made a case that two teams are tied in winning percentage and one holds a head to head tie break. It’s idiotic to say it is clear cut. Women’s yes. mens no.

Comment

• Great third period. Carreau continues to be a revelation. If there was a 7th player award, it would be him no? Giles and McBain get consideration too.

Knight really lifted the team up on his shoulders for a while there as well.

First period was meh, especially before they got the 1-0 lead.

They continue to blow 2-0 leads and really struggle for several shifts after a goal. Looked like they'd blow it again after Carreau scored.

Nesternko was benched (the second call was typical HE dogchit). This is still the biggest concern - penalties.

Hardman can't buy a goal lately.

I think as the only senior - tonight is important to single out Karow and how far he has come and how much respect he has in the locker room. Sometimes you don't get insight into that dynamic but here it's quite obvious.
                                Originally posted by reBlur
                                the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                                X