No announcement yet.

BC Eagles 2020-21 - in memory of Steve Gerrish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell did actually return a good amount of scoring but it seems like they're playing musical chairs in goal. Uncharacteristic for them. Tsongas has not been kind to BC, I am expecting a tight one goal affair in either direction tonight.

Eaglekeeper, I DVRed the game and the announcers did highlight how GP is a factor in the HEPI.

Comment

• Andre Lee was fortunate to only pick up a minor for that 1st period hit on Carreau

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Andre Lee was fortunate to only pick up a minor for that 1st period hit on Carreau
        Ehhhh... Borderline. I'm ok with 2 there.
        Originally posted by reBlur
        the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Oh ultimately I am too. But when you raise your arm like he did i am used to HE giving out easy majors.

Listening to the announcers, I would question one thing about the HEPI. It was the fact BU won on the road last night that vaulted them ahead of BC. I don't know why we're valuing a road win against dreadful UVM with no fans in the building. That's not a dig at BU. I would feel that way regardless of team involved. In the end, just win.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
            The HEA formula has a major flaw not taking into consideration the overall number of games played. It’s ridiculous that BU is in first place, getting rewarded for play as few games as possible. Very weak 1-0 win over UVM enables them to jump BC, despite BC crushing UML 7-1.
            I'll give you that it is odd that BC swapped with BU in the HEPI rankings (BU will always be #1 in the HEP-C rankings) after each team won, although BC played a better opponent, at least mathematically. I guess the fact that BU went on the road while BC was at home was a significant different to give them the bump - as we know that is factored into the formula. BC has left points all over the ice for a few months (notably a few Yukon games plus the loss and OT-win vs the BU JV team) so no complaining should be coming from the Heights.

If nothing else, this is going to make for entertaining reading when the complaints start coming out about how "my team got screwed" and even the disparity between PWR and the HEPI that could play out (see PC vs Yukon for an example there although they are fairly far down the list for NCAA tournament chatter).
            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Tim Lovell looked really good last night. Very poised and smart with the puck.

One thing I really like about Mitch Andres is whenever he gets the chance, he fires the puck at the net. Too many times BC players are trying to be too cute with the puck, and more often than not, the puck ends up outside the offensive zone, without a shot on net.

Any word on what happened to Marshall Warren? I like him paired with Drew Helleson. Speaking of Helleson, he's made huge strides since last year. Definitely their best defenseman.

Comment

• Warren had a one game suspension for hit in BU game

Comment

• Buccigross tweeted Holy Cross hosting Ice Breaker next season. BC, NU and Quinnipiac. I would imagine it's HC/BC in first round.

Comment

• This could be the worst 20 mins I've seen all season.

Comment

• McBain is having himself a third period right now. That snipe by Nesterenko was slick but McBain's entry and pass all with one hand on the stick was impressive and now he has the corner to net drive to tip in the Helleson shot to make it 4-2.

Lowell is stunned after a dominating first 20 minutes.

Comment

• We need the McBain line to be a real threat every night. Some bad defensive lapses again tonight in the first period. We will see a real emphasis on preventing odd man rushes from JY. With Knight this team can hold teams to 1-2 goals. Refs let UML get away with a lot of hits from behind. BC power play looked good all weekend.

What I am looking at is the number of games BU has played. HEA is a tough conference and I think they are getting the benefit of the doubt in that the formula really counts those games not played as wins. I’m not saying that is the exact formula, but that is the result. Yes, they beat UMass and split with BC, but BC played a good UConn team 4 times, twice without their 4 top players. There are no off nights in HEA. Getting 13 wins at this point in the season is not easy. BC would have been better off not playing any games during the WJC.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Very similar to last season's win at Lowell. Great weekend. Helleson's stock is skyrocketing.

If all teams are in play, should see NU, UVM or Maine next weekend.

The almighty HEPI isn't updated for BC yet but I would think this win would vault them ahead of BU.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglekeeper View Post
                            What I am looking at is the number of games BU has played. HEA is a tough conference and I think they are getting the benefit of the doubt in that the formula really counts those games not played as wins. I’m not saying that is the exact formula, but that is the result. Yes, they beat UMass and split with BC, but BC played a good UConn team 4 times, twice without their 4 top players. There are no off nights in HEA. Getting 13 wins at this point in the season is not easy. BC would have been better off not playing any games during the WJC.
                            The HEPI whining is becoming your new "fill in the corners of Alumni Stadium" keeper...

FWIW BC is now at the top of the updated standings.

Comment

• Take the win

always tough winning at Tsongas

last second goal by UML made it closer than it looked

hopefully by tournament time they clean up the passing and turnovers and make better decisions with the puck when shooting or passing
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Helleson has raised his game in such a dramatic way. His goal against BU is one of the my top five favorite BC goals, just incredible goals. Given the individual effort, the time in the game, its impact on the outcome and the move he made was just incredible. Up there with Kolonos, Johnny icing the Nattie in 2012 and Whitney batting it out of the air against Miami and Hutstko against Providence in 2019 when BC was on the brink of putting the sticks away. Incredible skill and individual efforts at critical moments to win the game. It is not just the skill it is also imagination and nerve that comes together in a matter of a few seconds. Good for him.
                                Last edited by DNAEagle; 02-14-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X