X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.D.
    replied
    Totally forgot August 1 was the new commitment date for certain age player. With that, BC got two huge commitments in Aram Minnetian and Ryan Leonard. Don't think anyone had Ryan Leonard going to BC.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Harrison Roy to LSSU. Found on their website that they are not requiring COVID vaccine. So I think that confirms what I heard.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Looking like a 36-0 regular season with 3 tourney titles to squeeeeeeky into the hea playoffs !!

let mookie be the first to offer congratulations

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Schedule's out.

https://bceagles.com/sports/mens-ice-hockey/schedule

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Pretty much agree with that. Michigan will be a fascinating case study this season. Loading up on premier talent but that alone never seems to lead to great success or a title. The question will be do they have the right mix of upperclassmen.

Leave a comment:

• eaglekeeper
    replied
    I can’t get excited for first round draft pics anymore. They are often to young to lead us to titles and they leave after only 1-2 years, disputing team chemistry. The transfer portal is more important than a first round recruit. You need upperclassman to win titles.

Go Eagles!

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Gasseau picked in the 7th round, little later than I expected. Also, Haggerty said today he’s headed to the USHL in Fargo next year, and BC in 2022. I was pretty surprised to hear that he’s not coming this fall.

Another notable de-commit, Peter Reynolds, who also opted to the QMJHL, wasn’t even drafted. Pretty shocking with how big of a recruit he was supposed to be at the time

Leave a comment:

• sigx15
    replied
    Aidan Hreschuk goes in the 3rd round to Carolina.

also, former commit Cam MacDonald who opted for QMJHL goes in the 5th round to Tampa. Always wild to me to see a player spurn a school like BC only to be drafted in the 5th round

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

BU is requiring it. A quick google search shows that NU, Providence, U Mass, UML, Harvard, Merrimack, UVM all are requiring it. I'm sure there are many others. I'd guess schools that don't will be the exception.

It will be interesting to see if leagues can implement policies or if individual schools will as well (I suppose it is possible some could decide to only play games against other schools whose teams are fully vaccinated).
    My understanding is Maine will require it once it is fully authorized.

Let this story be a prime example of how effective misinformation is.

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Kinda incredible to me that nothing more than a depth player would throw away a BC education because of not wanting to get the vaccine.
    I agree, pretty crazy if true.

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Harrison Roy not returning to BC. And a very reliable source told me it's because he won't get the vaccine. So which schools are requiring it? I bet he ends up at Arizona State. Kinda incredible to me that nothing more than a depth player would throw away a BC education because of not wanting to get the vaccine.

Can Hockey East implement a vaccine policy?
    BU is requiring it. A quick google search shows that NU, Providence, U Mass, UML, Harvard, Merrimack, UVM all are requiring it. I'm sure there are many others. I'd guess schools that don't will be the exception.

It will be interesting to see if leagues can implement policies or if individual schools will as well (I suppose it is possible some could decide to only play games against other schools whose teams are fully vaccinated).

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Harrison Roy not returning to BC. And a very reliable source told me it's because he won't get the vaccine. So which schools are requiring it? I bet he ends up at Arizona State. Kinda incredible to me that nothing more than a depth player would throw away a BC education because of not wanting to get the vaccine.

Can Hockey East implement a vaccine policy?

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    Yup and York said the Cotton was the best Captain he ever had at BC. That is seriously high praise because he had some good ones.

Leave a comment:

• eaglekeeper
    replied
    Hutsko was a major loss. His play making always created scoring chances. We basically lost a whole line when we lost him.

That 2020 team would have won the NC. They had depth, senior leadership and great goaltending. It took JY 4 years to build that team.

Go Eagles!

Leave a comment:

• DNAEagle
    replied
    York is still going strong, spoke to him few weeks ago. Very excited about the incoming group and looking forward to a more regular season of hockey. Noted that the loss of Hutsko really hurt in the post season, kid had a star crossed college career. Hope he can stick in the BIGS.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X