• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MavsFan
    replied
    Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    Maybe he could make it mandatory that any DI program must have a real airport within a 45 minute drive.
    Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Minimum of 12 commercial gates?
    That would eliminate Mankato

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Maybe he could make it mandatory that any DI program must have a real airport within a 45 minute drive.
    Minimum of 12 commercial gates?

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Just what the CCHA needed in their corner. .............I think it's called payback's. maybe one playoff spot....every other year.

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
    "UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State."

I would have much rather it had been a different school, with the utmost respect intended to UAF. I like the Alaskas' & Huntsville hockey programs!
    One thing we have in common is you don't hear any of us complaining about how tough our travel schedules are.

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    Just what the CCHA needed in their corner. .............I think it's called payback's. maybe one playoff spot....every other year.
    "UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State."

I would have much rather it had been a different school, with the utmost respect intended to UAF. I like the Alaskas' & Huntsville hockey programs!

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Coach Curley was named to NCAA Rules Committee.

Leave a comment:

• Seawolf Fan
    replied

Coach Curley was named to NCAA Rules Committee.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

UAA Seawolf defenseman Nolan Nicholas won the 2019-20 Senior CLASS Award for Men's Hockey.
    A real classy guy very worthy of the award.
    Congratulations Nolan!
    Very proud of him and how he represented UAA!!

Leave a comment:

• AKSWF
    replied

UAA Seawolf defenseman Nolan Nicholas won the 2019-20 Senior CLASS Award for Men's Hockey.
    Congratulations Nolan!
    Some good news!

Leave a comment:

• Seawolf Fan
    replied

Congratulations Nolan!

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Of course we said no. WCHA rules do not apply. COVID-19 is a virus, not a parasite.
    I always considered the WCHA closer to a leech than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied

Of course we said no. WCHA rules do not apply. COVID-19 is a virus, not a parasite.
    Too funny!

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    One has to wonder that if this COVID-19 thing continues into fall, will AK and UAA be able to play...Alaska Airlines has cancelled 70 per cent of their flights...will seats be available...will the other eight want to even want to come to Alaska...Alaska budget will go to citizens and business to keep afloat. University budgets will be slashed AGAIN...more on-line instruction....Athletics could very much in jeopardy....
    Crazy how Alaska used to be flush with money......back when oil prices were high........
    North Dakota is experiencing similar, university budgets being cut cause Bakken oil prices down. But so far athletics still holding on.

Leave a comment:

• mmf
    replied

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    I heard from a source close to the teams that both AK schools are safe from the virus. COVID-19 asked both schools to cover its travel costs to spread up to Alaska and both schools said no. So pretty much a done deal, COVID-19 won't be coming to AK.

Leave a comment:

• JohnsonsJerseys
    replied

I heard from a source close to the teams that both AK schools are safe from the virus. COVID-19 asked both schools to cover its travel costs to spread up to Alaska and both schools said no. So pretty much a done deal, COVID-19 won't be coming to AK.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X