• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska Hockey
    replied
    Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    You can keep the games before any of your current players were born, I’ll keep 13 goals against 8 and 3-1 record in 2019-20 along with 11 straight years of waving that trophy in front of your big city vocational institute.
    Started the push way too late, still way behind.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Hey, y'all. Good luck keeping it going. You know it'll be tough. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane, stay Alaskans.

GFM
    Thanks. You stay safe and healthy as well. And I hope we hear from you from time to time on this forum. You will be missed if we don't.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    The village dream............... "Catch Up Season play UAA 34 times" ...... you still won't catch up.

" UAA has owned your bear *** since day one"
    You can keep the games before any of your current players were born, I’ll keep 13 goals against 8 and 3-1 record in 2019-20 along with 11 straight years of waving that trophy in front of your big city vocational institute.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    Hey, y'all. Good luck keeping it going. You know it'll be tough. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sane, stay Alaskans.

GFM
    Thanks. All the general suckiness about UAH closing up shop aside, it definitely hurts us to lose a fellow outcast partner. Even if UAH had tried to join up with the seven roaches (which frankly would have made the most sense for you, more than trying to cobble together some kind of western league with UAF/A and possibly ASU) I still imagine we would have played each other frequently as an independent. The relationship was always good with Huntsville.

Take care, and charge on. We will miss UAH.

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I imagine they can make an exception on the 14 day quarantine for athletic purposes much like the exception that's in place for things like flight crews and such.
    Because the Dumbleavy administration has shown a real willingness to partner with UA and find mutually beneficial solutions, after all.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I imagine they can make an exception on the 14 day quarantine for athletic purposes much like the exception that's in place for things like flight crews and such.
    They just announced exceptions for the NFL, NBA, WNBA, NHL, MLB and other pro sports.
    Last edited by davyd83; 05-24-2020, 10:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied
    Thanks for the recap; I was wondering how that went. UAF is planning on playing sports in the fall...a big question is whether or not fans are allowed. But the big question, in my mind, is if the 14 day quarantine is still in effect. If it is, it effectively torpedoes our sports season unless we just play UAA 34 times.
    I'm thinking people are so sports hungry they will settle for not being in the stands but ok with TV or Livestream payments (?). Maybe the players will only be allowed to wear spitguard style facemasks? Maybe I am hoping this is a worse case scenario.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Hockey
    replied

unless we just play UAA 34 times.
    The village dream............... "Catch Up Season play UAA 34 times" ...... you still won't catch up.

" UAA has owned your bear *** since day one"

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Thanks for the recap; I was wondering how that went. UAF is planning on playing sports in the fall...a big question is whether or not fans are allowed. But the big question, in my mind, is if the 14 day quarantine is still in effect. If it is, it effectively torpedoes our sports season unless we just play UAA 34 times.

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Another BIG hurdle is the social distancing rule. How do you compete in sports with that rule in place?

Leave a comment:

• gfmorris
    replied

GFM

Leave a comment:

• Squarebanks
    replied
    Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
    Oil/Tourism/COVID 19////Athletic Director Dr Keith Champagne and Alaska Nanook Head coach Erik Largen remain positive, upbeat and full speed ahead for this season and the next two. Coach already has a good portion of the next two seasons scheduled as an independent.

Questions???Carlson Center or Patty Center...World Eskimo Indian Olympics in July have canceled. They were going to use the Big Dipper Ice Arena instead of the Carlson Center to save $$$. They have been at the Carlson Center for years. Coach says CARLSON.

President Johnsen and chancellor Dan White and vice chancellor of student affairs and AD Champagne still strong on athlietics...

Board of Trustees may have the final say as to how this all plays out....

NCAA too as they say no students in classrooms No sports....
    The UA system here thinks students will be back in class and sports will be able to go but with some guidelines

Volleyball is like eight to nine weeks away...

State fair got canceled.

They did cancel Alaska Baseball League in Anchorage area....although kids, Legions and mens league will play in Fairbanks. Girls sofftball, mens and womens and coed softball and soccer looks to play their seasons....

we will c

Leave a comment:

• fairbanks hockey puck
    replied

Oil/Tourism/COVID 19////Athletic Director Dr Keith Champagne and Alaska Nanook Head coach Erik Largen remain positive, upbeat and full speed ahead for this season and the next two. Coach already has a good portion of the next two seasons scheduled as an independent.

Questions???Carlson Center or Patty Center...World Eskimo Indian Olympics in July have canceled. They were going to use the Big Dipper Ice Arena instead of the Carlson Center to save $$$. They have been at the Carlson Center for years. Coach says CARLSON.

President Johnsen and chancellor Dan White and vice chancellor of student affairs and AD Champagne still strong on athlietics...

Board of Trustees may have the final say as to how this all plays out....

NCAA too as they say no students in classrooms No sports....
    The UA system here thinks students will be back in class and sports will be able to go but with some guidelines

Volleyball is like eight to nine weeks away...

State fair got canceled.

They did cancel Alaska Baseball League in Anchorage area....although kids, Legions and mens league will play in Fairbanks. Girls sofftball, mens and womens and coed softball and soccer looks to play their seasons....

we will c
    Last edited by fairbanks hockey puck; 05-23-2020, 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• Sol Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by Suze View Post
    Well, ya. It's killing the state. Along with the covid crap.
    I hope the Alaska schools programs survive....

Leave a comment:

• Suze
    replied

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
    Kind of related to oil prices I suspect....
    Well, ya. It's killing the state. Along with the covid crap.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X