Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

    One has to wonder that if this COVID-19 thing continues into fall, will AK and UAA be able to play...Alaska Airlines has cancelled 70 per cent of their flights...will seats be available...will the other eight want to even want to come to Alaska...Alaska budget will go to citizens and business to keep afloat. University budgets will be slashed AGAIN...more on-line instruction....Athletics could very much in jeopardy....

  • #2
    Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

    If COVID-19 continues into the fall...nobody is playing.
    On the bright side…Alaska Airlines doesn’t fly to Latvia, Sweden, Denmark, or Finland.
    Those guys didn't want to come to Alaska the last seven years either...nothing new there.
    It may all be through eSports...and the Seawolves will still suck!
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
      will the other eight want to even want to come to Alaska...
      Lol.

      And mmf is right, if this thing is still going on in the fall then nobody is playing.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

      —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

        Yeah if this goes through the fall nobody will be playing. On the other, 25+ seats of guaranteed travel multiple times in the season? Alaska Airlines will bending over backwards for that money.

        Assuming they haven’t merged with American by that point.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

          Welcome aboard Preston Weeks!
          As a 6'3" 205 pound defenseman he will give welcome size to the blue line crew.
          It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

            I heard from a source close to the teams that both AK schools are safe from the virus. COVID-19 asked both schools to cover its travel costs to spread up to Alaska and both schools said no. So pretty much a done deal, COVID-19 won't be coming to AK.
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

              Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              I heard from a source close to the teams that both AK schools are safe from the virus. COVID-19 asked both schools to cover its travel costs to spread up to Alaska and both schools said no. So pretty much a done deal, COVID-19 won't be coming to AK.
              Of course we said no. WCHA rules do not apply. COVID-19 is a virus, not a parasite.
              "Who got the Cup?"
              UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

                Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
                One has to wonder that if this COVID-19 thing continues into fall, will AK and UAA be able to play...Alaska Airlines has cancelled 70 per cent of their flights...will seats be available...will the other eight want to even want to come to Alaska...Alaska budget will go to citizens and business to keep afloat. University budgets will be slashed AGAIN...more on-line instruction....Athletics could very much in jeopardy....
                Crazy how Alaska used to be flush with money......back when oil prices were high........
                North Dakota is experiencing similar, university budgets being cut cause Bakken oil prices down. But so far athletics still holding on.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

                  Originally posted by mmf View Post
                  Of course we said no. WCHA rules do not apply. COVID-19 is a virus, not a parasite.
                  Too funny!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    Of course we said no. WCHA rules do not apply. COVID-19 is a virus, not a parasite.
                    I always considered the WCHA closer to a leech than anything else.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

                    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

                      UAA Seawolf defenseman Nolan Nicholas won the 2019-20 Senior CLASS Award for Men's Hockey.
                      A real classy guy very worthy of the award.
                      Congratulations Nolan!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

                        Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                        UAA Seawolf defenseman Nolan Nicholas won the 2019-20 Senior CLASS Award for Men's Hockey.
                        A real classy guy very worthy of the award.
                        Congratulations Nolan!
                        Some good news!
                        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

                          Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          UAA Seawolf defenseman Nolan Nicholas won the 2019-20 Senior CLASS Award for Men's Hockey.
                          A real classy guy very worthy of the award.
                          Congratulations Nolan!
                          Very proud of him and how he represented UAA!!
                          Originally Posted by aparch
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                          From ADN:

                          "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                          UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

                            Coach Curley was named to NCAA Rules Committee.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: so...AK/UAA...COVID-19

                              Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              Coach Curley was named to NCAA Rules Committee.
                              Just what the CCHA needed in their corner. .............I think it's called payback's. maybe one playoff spot....every other year.
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


                              Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

                              I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X