X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackI
    replied
    Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    NESN is showing the 1990 Beanpot Final right now!! Dave Tomlinson just scored a 3-on-5 short handed goal to make it 5-0! Man, that BU team was good. This is so much fun to watch!
    Cool. Miss the old days.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied
    Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

NESN is showing the 1990 Beanpot Final right now!! Dave Tomlinson just scored a 3-on-5 short handed goal to make it 5-0! Man, that BU team was good. This is so much fun to watch!

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    So, no interest in old games? I currently have 6 more games processing in another folder on my Google drive, but I'm not sure any any of them will finish. I've been working on games in HD so far, but older games are on the schedule. However, if no one shows interest I won't bother to upload them going forward.

Sean
    I'm very interested in the old games.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied

So, no interest in old games? I currently have 6 more games processing in another folder on my Google drive, but I'm not sure any any of them will finish. I've been working on games in HD so far, but older games are on the schedule. However, if no one shows interest I won't bother to upload them going forward.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    NESN+ is airing Hockey East championship games (2010 thru 2019). Tonight at 10 p.m., BU's 1-0 loss to Lowell in 2013, Jack Parker's final game as head coach. Tomorrow's schedule includes BU's 8th and 9th HE championships (2015 and 2018). Schedule
    So I guess there is no point in my digitizing my old tapes.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Sean - I have both the 86 HE Championship game (a NESN Rebroadcast at some point years ago) and the 95 LSSU Regional game you mentioned on VHS. The former is pretty grainy but otherwise ok. The LSSU game is pretty good quality. If you are interested in any of them to digitize, I'm happy to send them to you.
    Yes, that would be great. I was at both games, but wasn't able to record them at the time. I didn't pay for NESN at that point in 1986 and I didn't get ESPN2 in 1995.

I've gotten into the closet with my tapes, but I now have to go through them to find the "1". At one time I wanted to get a t-shirt made with 2-19-93 printed on it.

Sean
    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 03-20-2020, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Sean - I have both the 86 HE Championship game (a NESN Rebroadcast at some point years ago) and the 95 LSSU Regional game you mentioned on VHS. The former is pretty grainy but otherwise ok. The LSSU game is pretty good quality. If you are interested in any of them to digitize, I'm happy to send them to you.

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

NESN+ is airing Hockey East championship games (2010 thru 2019). Tonight at 10 p.m., BU's 1-0 loss to Lowell in 2013, Jack Parker's final game as head coach. Tomorrow's schedule includes BU's 8th and 9th HE championships (2015 and 2018). Schedule

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    started a topic BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

I thought I would get the off-season thread started. I have been trying to add a few BU games to my Google drive, but Google is taking a very long time to process some of the files for streaming. So far the following games are available to stream:
    2009 NCAA Semifinal BU vs UVM
    2009 NCAA Championship BU vs Miami
    2015 Hockey East Semifinal BU vs UNH
    2015 Hockey East Championship BU vs UML
    2015 NCAA Northeast Regional Semifinal BU vs Yale
    2015 NCAA Northeast Regional Final BU vs UMD
    2015 NCAA Semifinal BU vs UND
    2017 Frozen Fenway BU vs UMass
    2017 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs BC

Four other games are still processing and hopefully will become available:
    2015 Hockey East Quarterfinal game 2 BU vs MC
    2017 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs NU
    2018 Hockey East Semifinal BU vs BC
    2018 Hockey East Championship BU vs PC

Spoiler Alert: BU wins every game

I'm planning to digitize more games, but it looks like I won't be able to for pre-1990 games as my only Betamax machine is dead. There is also a bonus game that shall not be mentioned, or it will be deleted.

Sean
Working...
X