No announcement yet.

BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just looking at the schedule, our first two games are supposed to be at Vermont. I wonder how the travel and added COVID restrictions the state of Vermont announced this past few days could affect that?

Comment

• As far as I can tell this stuff doesn't impact college athletics. I could be wrong but that is my understanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        As far as I can tell this stuff doesn't impact college athletics. I could be wrong but that is my understanding.
        UVM just delayed return to play to Dec 18

Comment

• Alright then. I was reading about the state of Michigan shutting things down but I don't know what the exceptions are.

Comment

• I guess the only way delaying to that date is if the state gets shutdown for a COVID reset. Other than that either you have a plan to play or you don't. No vaccine by then so COVID will still be here.

Comment

• The Beanpot has been officially cancelled.

So with the UVM news, that means BU doesn't start play until Dec 11.
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                The Beanpot has been officially cancelled.

So with the UVM news, that means BU doesn't start play until Dec 11.
                The Dec. 11 opener, hosting UMass, is set for Walter Brown and will be the first regular-season game BU has played there since Jan. 2, 2005, when BU lost, 2-1, to top-ranked Minnesota. They flipped the script the next night to open Agganis, beating the Gophers, 2-1. As of now, Brad Zancanaro has the distinction of scoring the final BU goal at WBA, as well as the first BU goal in Agganis.

https://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/2...es-opener.html

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• One by one the schools are going to shut down for hockey and maybe Bball, football keeps going because there is too much money involved. In the short term a vaccine is not going to change this, we are in a long dark winter. Order a smaller turkey you will still have plenty of leftovers. Maybe time to watch replays of past glory games. Sad but necessary because across the country's the health systems on the verge of collapse.

Comment

Working...
                  X