No announcement yet.

BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bonino becoming the Suitcase Simpson of the NHL? Drafted by San Jose, played for Anaheim, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Nashville and now traded to Minnesota. But his name on the Cup twice and he owns an NCAA championship ring. https://www.hockeywilderness.com/202...for-luke-kunin
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• For the first time since 2014, no Terrier is taken in the first round, but two go early in the second round. Commesso, to Chicago at #46, is the 2nd goalie off the board. Tuch goes one pick later to Montreal. Had been ranked #40 among N.Americans by Central Scouting. tinyurl.com/y5z73sxb

Comment

• this shlaine dude.... why did he switch to uconn? another admissions deal??
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          this shlaine dude.... why did he switch to uconn? another admissions deal??
          Could be, but I got the impression it was because Shlaine wanted to matriculate this fall, and BU either didn't want / need him that soon (read: no spot). Plus UConn has the reputation of recruiting a lot of Russians, so perhaps there's a comfort factor there.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            this shlaine dude.... why did he switch to uconn? another admissions deal??
            From what I heard scholarship $ issues and wanted PP time. Didn't want to do year of juniors. IMO sounds like a pain in the butt. Was going to switch to BC but Uconn came in last minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by cridge View Post

From what I heard scholarship $ issues and wanted PP time. Didn't want to do year of juniors.
              I'd heard the same although not the PP demands. Believe that BU didn't have a scholarship available in May when Shlaine switched his commitment. Ironically, a slot opened up later when D Braden Doyle opted to spend another season at USHL Dubuque despite Albie urging him to come aboard this season. Schlaine was draft by the Devils yesterday in the 5th round at #130.

Comment

• With Dylan Peterson's selection by St. Louis in the third round (#88), that makes 28 Terriers picked in the first three rounds since 2014 when Albie joined Quinn's staff. tinyurl.com/y25tt9l9

Comment

• Evan Rodrigues returns to the Penguins on a 1-year, $700K contract. GM pencils him in as 3rd line RW.
                  https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pe...ct/c-319400616

Comment

• Shattenkirk's big payday and other free agent signings, trades; NCAA hockey rules changes; virtual kickoff event this week.
                    https://terrierhockey.blogspot.com/2...s-changes.html

Comment

• Originally posted by cridge View Post

From what I heard scholarship $ issues and wanted PP time. Didn't want to do year of juniors. IMO sounds like a pain in the butt. Was going to switch to BC but Uconn came in last minute.
                      From what I've gathered there's significant parental influence/control over Shlaine's hockey-related decisions.

Comment

• Did anyone participate in the Coach's Cabinet Zoom call yesterday? I couldn't make it. Was wondering if anything of interest was said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Did anyone participate in the Coach's Cabinet Zoom call yesterday? I couldn't make it. Was wondering if anything of interest was said.
                          I was on it. The league is still working on their start plans (the current draft is 32 pages long). The plan is to start when they can, be it November, December or even the beginning of January. Some teams may start earlier than other based on governmental restrictions. With the possible exception of Harvard in the Beanpot, the only games will be against other Hockey East teams, although some may be non-conference. Coach O'Connell mentioned the possibility of up to 4 games played in a week if COVID causes a team to have to reschedule games. The NCAA selection are also still under discussion. On idea is to take the the top two teams from each conference (supported by the WCHA and Atlantic Hockey), but no decisions have been made.

As for the team, they are currently practicing at WBA and are using the two visitor locker rooms and the Sidd-Daniels Lounge. BU is planning to make the lounge into more of a real locker room. The team currenlt is split into three groups for using the weight and training room and players are spread out 14 feet apart. On ice the team is currently split into two groups, plus coaches. Coach O'Connell is concerned about the lack of depth on defense and Jake Witkowski is currently practicing with the defense and looks pretty good. Albie mentioned bringing in a defensemen for the second semester is a possibility. As for forwards, he said everyone is healthy and looking good. Skoog has gained about 20 pounds and lowered his body fat percentage (according to Albie his weight had been 182). He was also happy with the three goalies.

With all but the 2 possible Beanpot games at the Garden, every other game will be available on CBS All-Access as they will be streaming every Hockey East team home game. There are currently no plans for allowing fans at games. Even if fans will be allowed in next year BU will not count this year against anyone who passes on season tickets.

Now I have a question: Has anyone been watching the games I uploaded to my Google Drive? I'm glad I converted them all to digital files and made them available to everyone, but it woul dbe since to know they are being watched.

Sean

Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Did anyone participate in the Coach's Cabinet Zoom call yesterday? I couldn't make it. Was wondering if anything of interest was said.
                            As a follow-up: Coach O'Connell also mentioned Minnesota was originally on the schedule this season and next, with North Dakota on upcoming schedules. Rescheduling non-conference games is being discussed, but decisions will be made at a later date.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

As I was reading the Atlantic Hockey scheduling article I remembered on more thing: If I understood Albie correctly with the change to 3-on-3 overtime the NCAA has decided to count OT games as ties for PWR purposes, but will count games decided in OT as wins and loses on team records.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                As I was reading the Atlantic Hockey scheduling article I remembered on more thing: If I understood Albie correctly with the change to 3-on-3 overtime the NCAA has decided to count OT games as ties for PWR purposes, but will count games decided in OT as wins and loses on team records.

Sean
                                Source in writing? No one has been saying this.

Comment

Working...
                                X