Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
    I found it in my spam folder- odd in that address was listed in my contacts
    Strange as it was not in my spam folder either...

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I got an email a week or so ago that said they were holding off sending out invoices till they have a better idea of what will happen. Did you not get that?
      I also got that email last Wednesday. It said they thought it prudent to suspend the sale of season tickets due to the uncertainty of when large group gatherings and venues like Agganis Arena will be permitted to reopen and they would also send regular updates.

I have reached another milestone as I have just uploaded the 300th BU game to my Google drive and the end is in sight, as I have about 2 dozen games remaining to upload. When I started uploading the games I never expected it to turn into such a large archival project (but, then again, I did have almost 35 years worth of BU games on tape, so I probably should have). Due to space issues there are no longer any non-BU games on the drive, although I still have every one of the games I had originally uploaded. As I have edited the games to remove commercials and intermissions I have also saved ephemera which I have thought might be of interest to others and have uploaded them to my YouTube channel. There are currently has over 270 extras available, almost all related to hockey.

Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Ivy league announces no athletics until at least Jan 2021. I'm assuming that most other universities will end up following suit, but if not, did we have any fall contests against Ivy League schools on the schedule for in October, Nov or Dec?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Ivy league announces no athletics until at least Jan 2021. I'm assuming that most other universities will end up following suit, but if not, did we have any fall contests against Ivy League schools on the schedule for in October, Nov or Dec?
          Usually Harvard the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post

Usually Harvard the Tuesday before Thanksgiving.
            Was that confirmed for this year? Sacred Heart played last year.

Comment

• From The Athletic:
              USNTDP players test positive for COVID-19; Summer Showcase in question
              At least three players from USA Hockey’s National Team Development Program have tested positive for COVID-19, multiple sources have confirmed to The Athletic. The players had been participating in on-ice skills training at USA Hockey Arena in Plymouth, Mich., the venue for USA Hockey’s 2020 World Junior Summer Showcase later this month.

One source close to the players said the cases have been mostly asymptomatic. Additional participants in the on-ice skills training who are not members of the USNTDP have also tested positive, according to a source.

“It’s hockey players who hang out together,” said a source with knowledge of the situation. “One person got tested, found out they had it and so they all did.”
              Seven '20-'21 Terriers are on the US roster for the World Junior Summer Showcase: Logan Cockerill, Case McCarthy, Dom Fensore, Alex Vlasic, Drew Commesso, Dylan Peterson and Luke Tuch.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Not hockey related per se, but the Patriot League just canceled all fall sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  Not hockey related per se, but the Patriot League just canceled all fall sports.
                  I expect America East to follow suit.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                  NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Just shy of 4 months after starting I’ve finished uploading all the BU games I had on tape or DVRed. There are 327 games, 313 which are complete, 3 are missing from 10 seconds to 2:30 at the end, 7 are edited 2 hour versions, 3 are missing the first 8 or 9 minutes of the game and one is missing the final 12:43 of the game. That’s 660:44:21 of game time. Of the 327 games 284 are wins*, 24 are ties and 19 are losses.

If you have complete copies of the incomplete games and are willing to send me your tape or a digital copy please contact me so I can get complete versions of the games online. The same goes for games for which my tapes were of poor quality, or if you have tapes of games which I didn’t have (for example the 1993 Hockey East semifinal game vs UNH).

Sean

* I’ve included the 2020 Beanpot semifinal vs BC as a win
                    Last edited by Sean Pickett; 07-14-2020, 10:31 PM.

BU Hockey Games
                    NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                      I expect America East to follow suit.

Sean
                      I suspect that will be the norm for most if not all fall sports...

Comment

• Series of Tweets from From Jimmy Connelly:

Have talked to a number of people (coaches/administrators) in @collegehockey over the last week or so. There seems to be a movement to try to uniform conferences as much as possible. There has been and will be additional communications between leagues and members/coaches. 1/

The prevailing focus seems to be a Jan. 1 start date for CONFERENCE GAMES in all six @collegehockey conferences. IF schools allow for play prior, those schools can work to schedule non-conference games. This would allow for critical conference play to take place w/ uniformity. 2/

All that said, it seems likely that there may need to be a waiver to change the minimum number of games to from 25 to a lower number so that every @collegehockey team will remain eligible for the NCAA tournament. 3:

This is FAR from decided but it does seem like there is some positive momentum to get at least a partial @collegehockey season played this year. And of course, it all could be halted again if COVID-19 numbers continue to spike in key markets.

Some other information trickling out. A new start date for the @collegehockey season will likely be proposed: Nov. 1 for practices; Nov. 20 for non-conference games. Informal practices only in Oct. (think what Sept. has been like in recent years). 5/

Also, there is already some discussion that some schools may opt out of @collegehockey entirely for the 2020-21 season. Probably not shocking. Again, all of this is simply being discussed. A LOT to be hammered out to get any players on the ice this season.

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• One of the pieces of intermission ephemera shown during one of the BU games, and which I've put on my YouTube channel, was about Kevin T. Mutch and the award created to honor him. From BU Today back in October 1992:

"In addition, Terrier coach Jack Parker and Boston College coach Steve Cedorchuk have agreed that the Kevin T. Mutch Award will be presented to the Most Valuable Player of the annual hockey series between
                          BU and BC. The MVP will come from the team with the better record in the season series, with that team's coach selecting the winner. BU and BC meet four times this season: at BU on 12/9 and 1/16/93, and at BC on 1/15/93. The two will also meet in the opening round of the Beanpot Tourney on Feb. 1. Both teams could also meet at the Badger Classic in Milwaukee on December, as well as in the post-season. In the event of a tie, there will be co-recipients. "It's appropriate that we now have an award to honor Kevin," says Coach Parker. "He was a Terrier through and through."

Unfortunately it appears that the award has been forgotten and I don't even know if BC ever awarded it. Looking through my notes from BU banquets I only found the names of three recipients:
                          1994 J.P. McKersie
                          1995 Jacques Joubert
                          2005 John Laliberte

Does anyone know who was presented the award in 1993 and 1996-2004? Was 2005 the last year it was presented?

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Kudos to BU alum AOC

Put Yoho in his place
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

• Kotkansalo will forego his senior year and stay in Finland due to Covid concerns.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Safer in Finland than here, and more likely to be playing in October.

Comment

Working...
                                X