BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

I too like to use ellipses instead of periods ...
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
      As in livelihoods .....
      Then this was covered when “career” was typed there champ.

The lives added was overkill.

..and mookie is both knowledgeable AND funny. Just ask rover!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Here are the most recent games I've uploaded to my Google drive:

1993 Dec 11 BU at BC
        2003 Nov 15 MC at BU
        2003 Nov 30 Yale at BU
        2005 Mar 05 BU at UNH
        2008 Mar 07 PC at BU

That make 250 games overall and 211 BU games. The Yale at BU game is the one in which Kevin Schaeffer and Whitney both had hat tricks.the

I edited the 2008 March 7 PC at BU game as the sound was out of sync (I hope I did a decent job of re-syncing it) and I kept most of the intermission desk talk, as well as the player interviews. I've also edited a number of games, but I've been inconsistent with what intermission stuff I've kept/edited out from game to game. I'd be interested to hear thoughts on what intermission stuff, if any, I should keep.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

1995 Feb 10 BU at UML
          1995 Mar 04 BC at BU
          1995 Oct 28 BU at UVM
          1995 Nov 03 BU at NU
          1995 Nov 04 NU at BU
          1995 Nov 24 SLU at BU
          1995 Nov 25 Clarkson at BU
          1995 Dec 09 MC at BU
          1995 Dec 12 BU at DC
          1996 Feb 02 PC sat BU
          1996 Feb 09 UMass at BU
          2000 Jan 16 Maine at BU
          2000 Jan 29 UNH at BU

After looking at several options for storing video online it looks like Google is probably the best option at this time. With the drive almost out of space I cleaned all of the above games, removing all commercials (hopefully) and all or most of the intermissions (I have kept player interviews), to reduce their file size. It made a noticeable difference, so much so that I am looking at cleaning all the games I've already uploaded. Doing so may allow me to keep all the games together, however, I may also remove the non-BU games to make sure there is enough space for the BU games. I also converted a few intermission pieces separately from the games, as I thought they might be interesting to some. I'm probably going to put them on YouTube to free up space and make them more readily available. Hopefully I'll be able to clean more games than I convert over the next week, but I'll see how it goes.

My games spreadsheet now includes a column "Clean" that has a Y if the game has been cleaned.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
          NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

1995 Feb 10 BU at UML
            1995 Mar 04 BC at BU
            1995 Oct 28 BU at UVM
            1995 Nov 03 BU at NU
            1995 Nov 04 NU at BU
            1995 Nov 24 SLU at BU
            1995 Nov 25 Clarkson at BU
            1995 Dec 09 MC at BU
            1995 Dec 12 BU at DC
            1996 Feb 02 PC sat BU
            1996 Feb 09 UMass at BU
            2000 Jan 16 Maine at BU
            2000 Jan 29 UNH at BU

After looking at several options for storing video online it looks like Google is probably the best option at this time. With the drive almost out of space I cleaned all of the above games, removing all commercials (hopefully) and all or most of the intermissions (I have kept player interviews), to reduce their file size. It made a noticeable difference, so much so that I am looking at cleaning all the games I've already uploaded. Doing so may allow me to keep all the games together, however, I may also remove the non-BU games to make sure there is enough space for the BU games. I also converted a few intermission pieces separately from the games, as I thought they might be interesting to some. I'm probably going to put them on YouTube to free up space and make them more readily available. Hopefully I'll be able to clean more games than I convert over the next week, but I'll see how it goes.

My games spreadsheet now includes a column "Clean" that has a Y if the game has been cleaned.

Sean
            Just watched the 3/4/1995 BC at BU game.

One of my favorite BU-BC games. Clearly, one of the most exciting and satisfying games in the long, storied rivalry.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Anyone else get the email about the Terrier Hockey Town Hall on Zoom for Monday? I'm going to join.

Comment

After listening to Albie's Town Hall, I have two questions:

1. I think he said that the 2020-21 schedule is in still in play depending upon where we are with the virus a little further along. I think he intimated that the trip to Northern Michigan isn't a certainty, and that it's possible that all games may be played in Massachusetts. Did I hear correctly?

2. He mentioned a Grad Transfer. Does anyone have knowledge of this player's identity?
                if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  After listening to Albie's Town Hall, I have two questions:

1. I think he said that the 2020-21 schedule is in still in play depending upon where we are with the virus a little further along. I think he intimated that the trip to Northern Michigan isn't a certainty, and that it's possible that all games may be played in Massachusetts. Did I hear correctly?

2. He mentioned a Grad Transfer. Does anyone have knowledge of this player's identity?
                  I think a normal 2020-21 schedule is a pipe dream, but that's just me.

No idea who the grad transfer is. Not sure if anyone does.

I was interested to hear that they're potentially going to 3x3 OT.

I was glad to hear the team awards.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I think a normal 2020-21 schedule is a pipe dream, but that's just me.

No idea who the grad transfer is. Not sure if anyone does.

I was interested to hear that they're potentially going to 3x3 OT.

I was glad to hear the team awards.
                    Colton Kerfoot from Harvard is only forward I found (guessing forward) that could be the grad transfer. I only looked at IVY League, but could definitely come from somewhere else. IMO not sure how I feel about another grad transfer. Has not really worked the passed 2 years, plus I would prefer to develop an incoming freshman vs playing a player who has a very low ceiling and only one year of eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by cridge View Post
                      Colton Kerfoot from Harvard is only forward I found (guessing forward) that could be the grad transfer. I only looked at IVY League, but could definitely come from somewhere else. IMO not sure how I feel about another grad transfer. Has not really worked the passed 2 years, plus I would prefer to develop an incoming freshman vs playing a player who has a very low ceiling and only one year of eligibility.
                      Shane Sellar from Dartmouth would also fit that description.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                        Shane Sellar from Dartmouth would also fit that description.
                        Sellar looks to be a pretty good player. Put up 22 points in 34 games 17-18, but only put up 11 points in 18-19. Played 1 game 19-20. Entered transfer portal the same time as Blixt.

Comment

With only 7 D on the roster, it seems like a grad transfer D might not be a bad idea.

Also, Albie was spitballing when talking about the schedule. He wasn't quoting any kind of facts. That said, I agree a normal schedule is a pipedream. Conference-only? An ECAC-HE-AHA scheduling partnership so no one has to fly?
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...e-flight-trips

Included there is a nugget that BU is looking to move @NMU series to 21-22.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

When I started uploading BU games to my Google drive it was without so others could watch some old games without considering any long term plans and I uploaded the raw converted games, including commercials and intermissions. In fact, at one time I considered deleting them when my storage renewal was up today. However, over the past two months I have thought about long term plans and with the supports of several BU fans I have enough NAS storage to convert all the games I have and also keep them online for at least another year. However, with 264 games currently on the drive space has become a major issue and after looking at several providers I've also decided to see if I can fit all the games I have on my current 2TB of storage. To do this I'm 1) editing out all (or most as I likely may miss a few) of the commercials and intermissions for every game. About all I'm keeping from the intermissions are interviews when I see them. So far I've cleaned up 75 games and have freed up about 40 GB (space enough for 6 games) and should be able to free up about another 80 GB after I clean up the rest of the games on the drive. I've also removed all the bonus material and it's likely I'll have to remove some or all of the non-BU games from the drive as well, but I think all the BU games will then fit. As part of this I'm also renaming the files using the full date in yyyy-mm-dd format to sort the files in chronological order. This will make it easier to follow from game to game (if you wish to watch them in order).

While I'm doing the editing I'm still converting my old tapes and currently have 45 games to be edited and uploaded. I hope to start uploading them once I've completed editing the games in HD.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                              NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Reports have Paul Pearl as a finalist for the Dartmouth job, which is likely going to a Big Green alumnus.
                                No reason he should not have the ambition to be a head coach again, but he would be a big loss were he to leave BU.

Comment

Working...
                                X