Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    -Very unlikely Oettinger would've returned. He was just a few credits shy of graduation after his junior year. Dallas wanted to sign him (my cousin is golf buddy of the Stars CEO) after his sophomore season but agreed when he said one more season at BU.
    -Bowers/Farabee departures didn't impact Fensore or Phillips. Fensore flipped his commitment in July of 2018 and Phillips did so the following October. Stevens and Boguslavsky were added after the season ended. Stevens specifically to address depth concerns at center since Bobo and Bowers departed and Wise was coming off a serious injury.


    Agree on Tkacuk and heard from a good source that Bowers and Albie were not on the same page. Farabee reportedly was planning to return until his red-hot second half led him to revisit that decision. Not sure if he had Albie issues.
    You have no clue what you are talking about re oettinger ... krys and others bowers likely on point would have stayed ... farabee had one foot out the door day one no matter what ...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
      You have no clue what you are talking about re oettinger ... krys and others bowers likely on point would have stayed ... farabee had one foot out the door day one no matter what ...
      wow. rogie better tell his cousin that the golfing partner there is an imposter!!!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

      Comment


      • Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

        Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        I've slowed down a bit this week, but here are are the most recent games I've uploaded to my Google drive:

        1997 Mar 01 UNH at BU final game of RS
        1999 Nov 13 NU at BU
        1999 Nov 27 CC at BU
        1999 Dec 04 UMass at BU
        2000 Jan 08 BU at BC
        2008 Hockey East Quarterfinal game 1 UML at BU
        2009 Jan 23 UNH at BU
        2010 Jan 02 UMass at BU
        2010 Jan 22 BU at BC
        2010 Hockey East Quarterfinal game 1 MC at BU

        Bonus Material
        BU 1999-00 Promotional Video

        Also, my Google drive is getting close to being full and I've been looking at other options to see if I can keep all the games in one place. I have found some that offer more space, but no streaming,, so I just wanted to ask if those watching download the games or just stream them? And if you do stream them has anyone besides Scarlet had problems?

        Sean
        I believe I have just been streaming them. (Insert joke about age/ignorance here).
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

        Comment


        • Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

          I never thought about downloading them. Maybe I'll try that to see if that works.

          Comment


          • Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

            Some actual BU hockey news that is not ancient history on VHS. From the Terrier blog:

            "BU has received a commitment for 2020-21 from 21-year-old goalie Vincent Duplessis. The 6í1Ē netminder from Quebec City has spent the past two seasons in Western Canada Junior A leagues, this past season with AJHL Whitecourt and the previous year with BCHL Merritt.
            "Playing 40 regular season games for the Wolverines, he recorded a 2.72 GAA and a .912 save percentage and was a finalist for the Friends of AJHL Top Goalie Trophy. In one round of playoffs, before the season was cancelled, Duplessis led Whitecourt to a 4-2 series win against Ft. McMurray, fashioning a 1.99 GAA and a .932 save percentage.
            "He faced off once against fellow AJHL goalie Ashton Abel once time, with Abelís Okotoks Oilers winning, 5-3. Abel joined BU midway through last season Duplessis earned AJHL Defensive Player of the Week honors for Jan. 20-26, backstopping three Wolverine wins with a 1.99 GAA.
            "BUís goaltending corps for next season will feature Duplessis and Abel, along with freshman Drew Commesso, a Massachusetts native who played for the NTDP U18s this past season."

            That should make things interesting in goal next season.

            Commesso is supposed to be the real deal, and the likely starter. Abel proved able until the opposition started scoring at will on high shots.

            I don't think Duplessis is coming to BU just to open the gate. But he must have an idea on what he is coming into.

            And wither Vinnie Purpura, we hardly knew ya! I assume he is in the Transfer Portal. Never got much of an opportunity, but wish him well. Maybe Arizona State? Or Colorado College with Blix.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              wow. rogie better tell his cousin that the golfing partner there is an imposter!!!!
              Itís comments like that , that make these kinds of posts even less meaningful . The rush to share information that is not validated in any way just to share like ďyou are in the know ď when you donít know anything. Itís kids lives and careers and you just throw such garbage out there.
              I laugh at so many of the posts here as they couldnít be more wrong in most instances ...

              Comment


              • Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

                Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
                Some actual BU hockey news that is not ancient history on VHS.
                For the record, most of the ancient history is on SVHS, with is better quality. Games before 1991 are either Betamax or VHS, then SVHS until the 2006 Hockey East tournament when they DVHS (and HD, although most games were just up converted SD) and since 2010 no more tape, just straight from DVR. Here are the most recent games I've uploaded to my Google drive:

                1999 Oct 30 PC at BU
                1999 Nov 06 MC at BU
                2001 Nov 20 BU at Harvard
                2001 Nov 24 Cornell at BU
                2007 Feb 16 BU at UNH
                2008 Feb 15 Maine at BU
                2009 Denver Cup Championship BU at DU
                2010 Feb 12 Maine at BU

                Bonus Material
                BU DeWolfe Boathouse

                With that there are now 200 BU games on my drive, with over 100 still to convert. If I go ahead and get a second Google account and split the games between the two how would you like them split? I'm think maybe 20th Century games on one and 21st Century games on the other.

                Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

                BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

                Comment


                • Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

                  Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  For the record, most of the ancient history is on SVHS, with is better quality. Games before 1991 are either Betamax or VHS, then SVHS until the 2006 Hockey East tournament when they DVHS (and HD, although most games were just up converted SD) and since 2010 no more tape, just straight from DVR. Here are the most recent games I've uploaded to my Google drive:

                  1999 Oct 30 PC at BU
                  1999 Nov 06 MC at BU
                  2001 Nov 20 BU at Harvard
                  2001 Nov 24 Cornell at BU
                  2007 Feb 16 BU at UNH
                  2008 Feb 15 Maine at BU
                  2009 Denver Cup Championship BU at DU
                  2010 Feb 12 Maine at BU

                  Bonus Material
                  BU DeWolfe Boathouse

                  With that there are now 200 BU games on my drive, with over 100 still to convert. If I go ahead and get a second Google account and split the games between the two how would you like them split? I'm think maybe 20th Century games on one and 21st Century games on the other.

                  Sean
                  I agree with that approach to the split.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                  Comment


                  • Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

                    Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
                    It’s comments like that , that make these kinds of posts even less meaningful . The rush to share information that is not validated in any way just to share like “you are in the know “ when you don’t know anything. It’s kids lives and careers and you just throw such garbage out there.
                    I laugh at so many of the posts here as they couldn’t be more wrong in most instances ...
                    Huh. So I take it you ARE in the know? I laugh at posts like these. You act all high and mighty then never back up anything. If you have issues, either come clean or stop reading. Rogie has pretty reliable sources for his information. What are yours?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Huh. So I take it you ARE in the know? I laugh at posts like these. You act all high and mighty then never back up anything. If you have issues, either come clean or stop reading. Rogie has pretty reliable sources for his information. What are yours?
                      I donít find it high and mighty I find it accurate ... and truthful ... people love to talk and gossip somehow it makes them feel better makes them ďin the know ď when they arenít even close ... I donít think gossip that has no basis makes sense to post here .. and I dont have to prove anything to you nor would I ever post anything thatís private and confidential... especially when peopleís lives and careers are at stake itís one thing to talk about the team your personal thoughts their play how a player is doing ... thoughts about choices made recruits etc I get it ... but to just engage in innuendo and rumors that are often baseless does nothing good for anyone ... he liked albie he didnít like albie albie likes him this one is leaving or left or was going to leave I mean what purpose does it really serve especially when itís not based on any fact you want to say itís your thoughts or feelings or conjecture ok but donít peddle those things as facts and ďsourced ď when often they arenít and if they are supposedly then marginally and even if direct why post here ?
                      Last edited by ColinWilsonFan; 05-06-2020, 09:38 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

                        peopleís lives are at stake?!?!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                        Comment


                        • Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

                          Here are the most recent games I've uploaded to my Google drive:

                          2005 Feb 18 BU at UMass
                          2005 Feb 19 UMass at BU
                          2006 Jan 14 Maine at BU
                          2006 Jan 27 BU at BC
                          2006 Nov 21 Harvard at BU
                          2007 Feb 23 UVM at BU

                          Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

                          BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            peopleís lives are at stake?!?!
                            As in livelihoods and yes for many this is a lifelong sacrifice and a rumor
                            Or innuendo can sadly
                            Go a long ya in messing with a player or coach's career

                            I know you think your so funny .... but I donít find you very amusing or remotely knowledgeable about the game

                            Comment


                            • Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

                              Originally posted by ColinWilsonFan View Post
                              As in livelihoods and yes for many this is a lifelong sacrifice and a rumor
                              Or innuendo can sadly
                              Go a long ya in messing with a player or coach's career

                              I know you think your so funny .... but I don’t find you very amusing or remotely knowledgeable about the game
                              I keep trying
                              To figure out if your
                              Post is a poem?
                              "What about my asthma?"
                              "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

                              Comment


                              • Re: BU Off-Season: Forward to the Past

                                NESN+ showing the 1997 Hockey East Championship game. Michel LaRoque not really having the best period.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X