Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding old games to watch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Finding old games to watch

    Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    ESPN has scheduled several rebroadcasts of NCAA games over the coming week. Here is the schedule as of now:
    Sun 04/05 01:00 pm ESPNU 2015 Midwest Regional Final RIT vs UNO
    Mon 04/06 12:00 am ESPNU 2015 Midwest Regional Final RIT vs UNO
    Thu 04/09 06:00 pm ESPN2 2009 Championship BU vs Miami
    Thu 04/09 08:00 pm ESPN2 2015 Championship BU vs PC
    Thu 04/09 10:00 pm ESPN2 2011 Championship UMD vs Michigan
    Fri 04/10 10:00 am ESPN2 2002 Championship Maine vs Minnesota
    Sun 04/12 08:00 am ESPNU NCAA Championship (no game information)
    Sun 04/12 04:00 pm ESPNU 2009 East Regional Semifinal #2 UVM vs Yale
    Sun 04/12 08:00 pm ESPNU 2005 Semifinal #1 CC vs DU


    Sean
    Oooooh, this is good to know. Setting my dvr now.

    Comment


    • Re: Finding old games to watch

      Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
      Sean, no matter what I do, when I try to run the "BU By The Numbers" file, I get the "Brendan Walsh" file.
      No, I just didn't trim the clip enough. The clip with Coach Parker starts 24 seconds in.

      Sean
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

      BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

      Comment


      • Re: Finding old games to watch

        Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Oooooh, this is good to know. Setting my dvr now.
        Again, be sure to keep checking, as ESPN has changed the times twice already since I originally posted that.

        Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

        BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

        Comment


        • Re: Finding old games to watch

          Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          Again, be sure to keep checking, as ESPN has changed the times twice already since I originally posted that.

          Sean
          I just went to look and the program guide says To Be Announced for 6:00pm on Thursday. What did they move it to?

          Comment


          • Re: Finding old games to watch

            Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I just went to look and the program guide says To Be Announced for 6:00pm on Thursday. What did they move it to?
            My program guide (FIOS) still shows it as college hockey, but with no program information. On the ESPN+ website under ice hockey it shows the games on Sunday 4/12 on ESPN2, but not on my program guide. As I said, you will need to check daily as they seem to have no idea what they are doing.

            Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

            BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

            Comment


            • Re: Finding old games to watch

              Only three games uploaded to my Google drive today:

              1994 Beanpot CHampionship BC vs Harvard (edited)
              2005 Last Game 2 Jan Minnesota at BU
              2005 First Game 3 Jan Minnesota at BU
              and a bonus
              A Season of Champions

              Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

              BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

              Comment


              • Re: Finding old games to watch

                Comment


                • Re: Finding old games to watch

                  Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                  ESPN has scheduled several rebroadcasts of NCAA games over the coming week. Here is the schedule as of now:

                  Thu 04/09 08:00 pm ESPN2 2015 Championship BU vs PC




                  Sean
                  I'd rather jump into a mosh-pit of Coronavirus infected punk rockers than watch this game again.

                  It Happened!!!!

                  Comment


                  • Re: Finding old games to watch

                    Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    I'd rather jump into a mosh-pit of Coronavirus infected punk rockers than watch this game again.

                    Agreed. Given the way the team played during the 3rd period, I wasn't surprised by the outcome. You?
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

                    Comment


                    • Re: Finding old games to watch

                      It was nice of the NCAA account to post the clip of Lake Superior State’s winning goal over Harvard in the 1994 national semifinal. I would love to see any more clips if they are even around of the other OT games the Lakers had in that 1994 run.

                      And of course any or all of the 1988, 1992, and 1994 championship games. Mostly all that ever seems to come up is Stauber messing with the net in the 1988 game. Also disappointing that the 1993 final is always seemingly available when the 1992 and 1994 championship games are harder to find. I don’t want to see Jim Montgomery’s hattrick again.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Finding old games to watch

                        Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                        And of course any or all of the 1988, 1992, and 1994 championship games. Mostly all that ever seems to come up is Stauber messing with the net in the 1988 game. Also disappointing that the 1993 final is always seemingly available when the 1992 and 1994 championship games are harder to find. I don’t want to see Jim Montgomery’s hattrick again.
                        Well, according to the NCAA Lake State was just handed the trophy after they won their semifinal in 1992 and not many fans have an interest in watching a 9-1 blowout. The 1993 championship, on the other hand, is a classic, but I agree the 1988 game should also be more popular. And great as the '88 championship game was, I remember the consolation game more because of Stauber and the Maine goalie (Loring?) playing pass the puck while the officials tried to figure out the penalties in the third period. One of the linemen confiscated the puck, but another one miraculously appeared which they then used until it too was confiscated and both were warned to not continue.

                        Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

                        BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                          It was nice of the NCAA account to post the clip of Lake Superior State’s winning goal over Harvard in the 1994 national semifinal. I would love to see any more clips if they are even around of the other OT games the Lakers had in that 1994 run.

                          And of course any or all of the 1988, 1992, and 1994 championship games. Mostly all that ever seems to come up is Stauber messing with the net in the 1988 game. Also disappointing that the 1993 final is always seemingly available when the 1992 and 1994 championship games are harder to find. I don’t want to see Jim Montgomery’s hattrick again.
                          If any Badger fans had the '94 NCAA championship game they would have burned it.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            If any Badger fans had the '94 NCAA championship game they would have burned it.
                            I believe you meant ‘92.

                            Sean
                            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

                            BU Hockey Games
                            BU Hockey highlights and extras
                            NCAA Hockey Financials
                            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

                            Comment


                            • Re: Finding old games to watch

                              NHL Network just aired the 2020 Beanpot Championship. BU fans probably opted for Spongebob.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

                              Comment


                              • Re: Finding old games to watch

                                I'm uploading four more games to my Google drive:

                                1996 NCAA Quarterfinal BU vs Clarkson
                                2005 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs BC
                                2006 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs Harvard
                                2006 Beanpot Semifinal BC vs NU

                                I've also replaced the edited version of the 2005 Beanpot Championship with a complete version which uses my SVHS SD copy to fill in what was edited out of the HD rebroadcast. If anyone watches it please let me know what you think.

                                Sean
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

                                BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X