Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding old games to watch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Re: Finding old games to watch

    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Are you eventually going to upload the 1985 ECAC final four games?
    Sorry Ralph, I can't convert and upload what I don't have. I started following BU the following season, 1985-86, and I didn't get NESN or other sports channels until 1986 (for the Red Sox). Furthermore, I had a Betamax machine in the eighties so most of the games I have on tape from before 1990 are in that format and my only Bertamax machine no longer works. The 1989 ECAC games are some of the ones I copied from Beta to VHS sometime in the past. I have a few other games (1987 and 1989 Beanpots) I also copied to VHS, but I have other games, including Harvard's 1989 NCAA run, only on Beta.

    Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

    BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

    Comment


    • #77
      Re: Finding old games to watch

      I looked for old Sun Devil games to upload, took about 5 seconds to find NONE!

      Comment


      • #78
        Re: Finding old games to watch

        Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        Sorry Ralph, I can't convert and upload what I don't have. I started following BU the following season, 1985-86, and I didn't get NESN or other sports channels until 1986 (for the Red Sox). Furthermore, I had a Betamax machine in the eighties so most of the games I have on tape from before 1990 are in that format and my only Bertamax machine no longer works. The 1989 ECAC games are some of the ones I copied from Beta to VHS sometime in the past. I have a few other games (1987 and 1989 Beanpots) I also copied to VHS, but I have other games, including Harvard's 1989 NCAA run, only on Beta.

        Sean
        It didn't hurt to ask. I also had a Beta machine back then and someone converted the NCAA semifinal and final games to VHS for me. Later I bought a DVD of the final and someone gave me a DVD of the semifinal.
        sigpic

        Let's Go 'Tute!

        Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

        2012 Poser Of The Year

        Comment


        • #79
          Re: Finding old games to watch

          Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Do you have the 1991 championship game? I was at that game in St. Paul, and I still consider it maybe the greatest college hockey game I ever saw in person. To this day I wish that I had set my VCR for that game.
          I bought the DVD of that game, because even though I was there, I just had to watch it again. #Masochist. You know what? 2015 and 1997 hurt more. 1991 was other-worldly and one of the great college hockey games of all time. *sigh* (I didn't say it didn't hurt, just that others hurt more.)
          It Happened!!!!

          Comment


          • #80
            Re: Finding old games to watch

            The 2004 WCHA Final would be a great one to watch. A great game filled with skilled play up and down the ice and nearly a dozen future NHLers between the two teams.

            Comment


            • #81
              Re: Finding old games to watch

              I keep waiting for a Sioux fan to jump in saying that they have games from the 80's and 90's. Some of those old tilts between UW/UM/UND would be amazing to watch.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

              Comment


              • #82
                Re: Finding old games to watch

                Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                I bought the DVD of that game, because even though I was there, I just had to watch it again. #Masochist. You know what? 2015 and 1997 hurt more. 1991 was other-worldly and one of the great college hockey games of all time. *sigh* (I didn't say it didn't hurt, just that others hurt more.)
                I think 1991 was the worst with the talent they had and the 3-0 lead after one. I put 1997 next with talent and a 2-0 lead after one and 2015 third. I still haven't watched any of the games again (yes, I converted the 1997 game, but I didn't watch it).

                Sean
                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

                BU Hockey Games
                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                NCAA Hockey Financials
                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

                Comment


                • #83
                  Re: Finding old games to watch

                  Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  The 2004 WCHA Final would be a great one to watch. A great game filled with skilled play up and down the ice and nearly a dozen future NHLers between the two teams.
                  Agreed. The 2004 WCHA Final was one of the most skilled games I have ever seen in person, despite the horrendous outcome. I thought about this game a few years ago, and looked up the teams and was really surprised that Minnesota was the #5 seed in the WCHA that year. Pretty impressive league. Denver, the #4 seed in the league that would go on to win the NCAA title, lost in the First Round (to CC), as well as Wisconsin, the #3 seed (to UAA), which gave Minnesota the key bye to avoid having to play 3 games in 3 nights.

                  Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  I keep waiting for a Sioux fan to jump in saying that they have games from the 80's and 90's. Some of those old tilts between UW/UM/UND would be amazing to watch.
                  Blackhawk on youtube has several North Dakota games, including:
                  Halloween 1986 Series between North Dakota and Wisconsin
                  1987 WCHA Final - North Dakota vs. Minnesota
                  A recap of the Hrkac Circus (1986-1987 North Dakota) season
                  1997 WCHA Final Five Championship - North Dakota vs. Minnesota
                  1997 NCAA National Championship - North Dakota vs. Boston University
                  3rd Period from 1998 WCHA Regular Season Game - North Dakota vs. Minnesota - Sioux come back from 3-0 down to start the third against Woog's Gophers to win 5-3.
                  1999 WCHA Final Five Semifinal - North Dakota vs. Minnesota
                  2000 WCHA Final Five Championship - North Dakota vs. Wisconsin
                  2000 NCAA National Championship - North Dakota vs. Boston College
                  3rd Period from October 2000 WCHA Regular Season Game - North Dakota vs. Minnesota - Sioux come back from 5-3 down to start the third against Gophers.
                  Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 04-01-2020, 01:01 PM.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Re: Finding old games to watch

                    Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    Blackhawk on youtube has several North Dakota games, including:
                    Can you post the link to one of those? I tried searching for them but came up empty. Thanks!
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Re: Finding old games to watch

                      Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      Can you post the link to one of those? I tried searching for them but came up empty. Thanks!
                      It helps when I get the right name: Blackheart

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERPDGr_btjQ

                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Re: Finding old games to watch

                        Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        It helps when I get the right name: Blackheart

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERPDGr_btjQ

                        Hahaha. Cheers!
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Re: Finding old games to watch

                          Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                          Hahaha. Cheers!
                          Enjoy. Somewhere floating around there is the 1983 WCHA Semifinals between North Dakota and Wisconsin (where UW won the 2-game total-goals series 1-1, 6-5 (3OT)) that paved the way for Wisconsin to steal North Dakota's spot in the NCAA Tournament and ultimately win the whole thing. If I can track it down, I'll post it here.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Re: Finding old games to watch

                            Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            Enjoy. Somewhere floating around there is the 1983 WCHA Semifinals between North Dakota and Wisconsin (where UW won the 2-game total-goals series 1-1, 6-5 (3OT)) that paved the way for Wisconsin to steal North Dakota's spot in the NCAA Tournament and ultimately win the whole thing. If I can track it down, I'll post it here.
                            That is the game that I've been dying to see since I was a kid. Wisconsin scoring the goal in OT, it being overturned due to illegal stick length and then the game winner being scored short-handed. It was insane.

                            On a side note, I miss 2-game total goal series. Some of those second games were insane.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Re: Finding old games to watch

                              Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              That is the game that I've been dying to see since I was a kid. Wisconsin scoring the goal in OT, it being overturned due to illegal stick length and then the game winner being scored short-handed. It was insane.

                              On a side note, I miss 2-game total goal series. Some of those second games were insane.
                              iirc it seemed more than a few times the Gophers would crush an opponent in the 1st game, then start crushing them in the 2nd and the penalty box would begin filling for the rest of the night.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Re: Finding old games to watch

                                Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                Enjoy. Somewhere floating around there is the 1983 WCHA Semifinals between North Dakota and Wisconsin (where UW won the 2-game total-goals series 1-1, 6-5 (3OT)) that paved the way for Wisconsin to steal North Dakota's spot in the NCAA Tournament and ultimately win the whole thing. If I can track it down, I'll post it here.
                                Were you even born when that game was played?

                                That's one of the most memorable games I've seen in person. The absolute roller coaster of emotions. I think we were down a couple of goals, staged a huge comeback to take the lead, then let it slip away. The overtimes were outstanding, and then the disallowed goal. Crazy game.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X