X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tylerzx2002
    replied
    Re: Finding old games to watch

Anyone happen to have any of Maine's 2004 run?

Not sure I could bring myself to watch the title game against Denver, but all the games leading up to that were exciting to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied

I'm once again showing my BU and Boston bias with the latest 6 games I've uploaded to my Google Drive:

1987 Beanpot Semifinal NU vs Harvard
    1987 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs BC
    1987 Beanpot Consolation BC vs Harvard (missing overtime, except for the winning goal, because NESN ended their broadcast)
    1987 Beanpot Championship BU vs NU

1989 Beanpot Semifinal BC vs Harvard
    1989 Beanpot Semifinal BU vs NU

Sean

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    FSN is going to re-broadcast the 2007 WCHA Final Five championship game on Thursday night at 7 pm Central time. It's better known as the "Blake Wheeler game."
    Yeah, I was in the stands for that one with my brother (who, as an NDSU grad, is a little slow to begin with, and was cheering for the Gophers). I believe at the time it was the highest attended event ever at the X.

2004 Final Five title game was way better in terms of skill, but 2007 had the absolutely bonkers ending. Of course, I liked the results of the rematch a week later.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

FSN is going to re-broadcast the 2007 WCHA Final Five championship game on Thursday night at 7 pm Central time. It's better known as the "Blake Wheeler game."

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Were you even born when that game was played?

That's one of the most memorable games I've seen in person. The absolute roller coaster of emotions. I think we were down a couple of goals, staged a huge comeback to take the lead, then let it slip away. The overtimes were outstanding, and then the disallowed goal. Crazy game.
    Yes. However, I didn't really start following the Sioux though until the Hrkac Circus season. That being said, the 1983 WCHA Semifinals is legendary.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    I was 8 when that game was played. I was at a friends house and they had a TV on in every room of the house so that no matter what room you were in, you wouldn't miss anything. 3 of the TV's were old small black and white ones. It was crazy at the time to think of something like that.
    Watching parties seemed to be far more common back then even in the day when TVs weighed as much as a Dodge Omni and cable didn't even exist. Maybe I just don't go to them anymore. I remember in particular the Vikings-Browns game with the Kramer to Rashad hail mary that sent the Vikings to the playoffs. 2 story house filled with kids, teenagers, adults and such, huddled around at least 4 TVs. My mom - who would never be confused for a fanatic - bonked her head on a ceiling while jumping up and down on a couch after that TD. I was either too young or naive to comprehend how drunk the adults were before, during and after.

Leave a comment:

• gwhinwi
    replied

That's one of the most memorable games I've seen in person. The absolute roller coaster of emotions. I think we were down a couple of goals, staged a huge comeback to take the lead, then let it slip away. The overtimes were outstanding, and then the disallowed goal. Crazy game.
    I was 8 when that game was played. I was at a friends house and they had a TV on in every room of the house so that no matter what room you were in, you wouldn't miss anything. 3 of the TV's were old small black and white ones. It was crazy at the time to think of something like that.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    iirc it seemed more than a few times the Gophers would crush an opponent in the 1st game, then start crushing them in the 2nd and the penalty box would begin filling for the rest of the night.
    You know what the favorite thing about total goals series was for me. When in the second game a team with the lead, in that game, would pull their goalie. There were always at least a couple of people in the stands completely bewildered by that.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Enjoy. Somewhere floating around there is the 1983 WCHA Semifinals between North Dakota and Wisconsin (where UW won the 2-game total-goals series 1-1, 6-5 (3OT)) that paved the way for Wisconsin to steal North Dakota's spot in the NCAA Tournament and ultimately win the whole thing. If I can track it down, I'll post it here.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

That is the game that I've been dying to see since I was a kid. Wisconsin scoring the goal in OT, it being overturned due to illegal stick length and then the game winner being scored short-handed. It was insane.

On a side note, I miss 2-game total goal series. Some of those second games were insane.
    iirc it seemed more than a few times the Gophers would crush an opponent in the 1st game, then start crushing them in the 2nd and the penalty box would begin filling for the rest of the night.

Leave a comment:

• gwhinwi
    replied

Enjoy. Somewhere floating around there is the 1983 WCHA Semifinals between North Dakota and Wisconsin (where UW won the 2-game total-goals series 1-1, 6-5 (3OT)) that paved the way for Wisconsin to steal North Dakota's spot in the NCAA Tournament and ultimately win the whole thing. If I can track it down, I'll post it here.
    That is the game that I've been dying to see since I was a kid. Wisconsin scoring the goal in OT, it being overturned due to illegal stick length and then the game winner being scored short-handed. It was insane.

On a side note, I miss 2-game total goal series. Some of those second games were insane.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Hahaha. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• gwhinwi
    replied

It helps when I get the right name: Blackheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERPDGr_btjQ

Hahaha. Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied

Can you post the link to one of those? I tried searching for them but came up empty. Thanks!
    It helps when I get the right name: Blackheart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERPDGr_btjQ

Leave a comment:

• gwhinwi
    replied

Blackhawk on youtube has several North Dakota games, including:
    Can you post the link to one of those? I tried searching for them but came up empty. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X