2020 season recognitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 season recognitions

Now that dreams were cut short, seems appropriate for us to recognize teams who had a great season, and possibly got cheated out of a title.

Mankato—when they announced tournament would be played without fans, I honestly thought they had a very strong chance.

Denver and UND—both teams were in good position to play for a record tying ninth title.

UMD—was in good line to run for a 3-peat, and with a demoralizing Hunter Shepard in goal, his presence alone could have won it. He graduates a perfect 8-0 in NCAA play.

Cornell—I don’t know much about you, but good season. Was hoping to see them play a NCHC team at somepoint.

BC—nobody cared to see you win another title, but good season nonetheless.

WMU—always that “could be” (we have been saying that for years though...)

With two teams looking to win a ninth title, another in top four looking for a 3-peat, and another in the top 4 looking to break the curse, this year just felt like a year where something awesome was going to happen (even if UMD didn’t win).

And the Gophers finish their season a perfect 4-0 when wearing the jerseys representing the late Woog(er). Honestly I’m kind of happy the season ended before they could have worn it again and eventually broken the streak

RIP... thoughts n prayers... truly a depressing day. This hurts worse than all the money in the red
    Last edited by UMD21; 03-12-2020, 05:28 PM.
    I wanna go fast!
Working...
X