Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2020 Off-Season

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    If they go through with the plan to allow students back on campus, maybe... but even then it's a long shot. We might have to wait until October (or even longer) to see our Bobcats again.
    Students will not be returning this semester so I take that to mean most, if not all, on-campus activities will be curtailed, including the banquet.

Looks like we might even see bars and restaurants shut down like Mass has done. Prepare for runs on the package stores!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2023 National Champions
    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
    Northeast Regional:
    West Regional: 2015, 2021
    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Coach Pecknold will be on NHL Network Radio on SiriusXM Channel 91 Monday morning at 8:35am with NHL Morning Skate hosts Gord Stellick and Scott Laughlin.
      "Quinnipiac will never win a National Championship" - WEEI Boston College radio 10/7/22

Comment

ECAC Hockey is starting to release its All-ECAC Teams.

Defenseman Peter DiLiberatore has been named to the Third Team All-ECAC.

Congrats Peter!
        "Quinnipiac will never win a National Championship" - WEEI Boston College radio 10/7/22

Comment

Originally posted by DrewQU99 View Post
          Coach Pecknold will be on NHL Network Radio on SiriusXM Channel 91 Monday morning at 8:35am with NHL Morning Skate hosts Gord Stellick and Scott Laughlin.
          Missed it this morning.

Would have liked to know how the Women got to finish out the season!?

Will wonder what happened to Jayden Lee, how is he recovering!?

Will he fully recover? Would he have played in ECAC or beyond?

Comment

...and congrats to Odeen Tufton for being named to the Second Team All-ECAC!

The rest of the 2019-20 All ECAC Selections

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
              Missed it this morning.

Would have liked to know how the Women got to finish out the season!?

Will wonder what happened to Jayden Lee, how is he recovering!?

Will he fully recover? Would he have played in ECAC or beyond?
              Women's season ended the weekend before sports shut down. Their NCAA Tournament was canceled.

Comment

Here's some good news...

https://twitter.com/ChipMalafronte/s...929134593?s=19
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                Northeast Regional:
                West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Indeed. We will definitely be seeing some roster turnover for next season. On my spreadsheet I have 34 projected players. That won't happen. They will carry 28-29 max. I definitely see some guys not returning and maybe some commits not coming in as well.
                  QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                  2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                  2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                  2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                  https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
                  https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                  https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Here's the New Haven Register article:

DiLiberatore, Petruzzelli, Tufto will return to Quinnipiac next season

This is all great news!

Comment

Quinnipiac Bobcats 2020 Off-Season

Here's the New Haven Register article:

DiLiberatore, Petruzzelli, Tufto will return to Quinnipiac next season

This is all great news!
                      Great news indeed. We definitely should be looking at a top 10 ranking early on next season. I see QU alum has 34 players on the roster and expects some to drop. 4 will be goalies I think. I wonder if anyone slated to join will push back an extra year. Especially with seasons ending early at many levels. Are there any players we’d expect not to return?

Safe to assume Odeen gets the “C” this year. Possibly Peter D gets an “A”. Any other thoughts.

If you guys haven’t heard, the banquet was cancelled. Jessica said she sent out emails, but had also heard some went to Junk folders. Would have been nice to wish Nick, Alex and Karlis well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by QUFan; 03-19-2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                        If you guys haven’t heard, the banquet was cancelled. Jessica said she sent out emails, but had also heard some went to Junk folders. Would have been nice to wish Nick, Alex and Karlis well.
                        Bummed there won't be a banquet, but totally understand why. Besides the awards, hearing Coach Pecknold recap the season and give his insights on next season (freshmen coming in, who we'll be playing, etc.) is always the highlight of the event.

Comment

Bummed there won't be a banquet, but totally understand why. Besides the awards, hearing Coach Pecknold recap the season and give his insights on next season (freshmen coming in, who we'll be playing, etc.) is always the highlight of the event.
                          I agree. Maybe we can request they do that on Twitter or FB live

Comment

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
                            Great news indeed. We definitely should be looking at a top 10 ranking early on next season. I see QU alum has 34 players on the roster and expects some to drop. 4 will be goalies I think. I wonder if anyone slated to join will push back an extra year. Especially with seasons ending early at many levels. Are there any players we’d expect not to return?

Safe to assume Odeen gets the “C” this year. Possibly Peter D gets an “A”. Any other thoughts.

Jonathan, any word on Jayden Lee and how serious his injury was? Would he have been able to play this season or did he undergo surgery or longer term injury!? Kid has skills, and I liked his speed and capability to have the opponents defense on their heels.....or in Billy Sweezey's case, braced for impact only and i still believe their may have been some upper cut (accidentally or not) from a stick handle to the chin possibly...maybe i am projecting my disappointment on Billy Sweezey like I did with Luke Esposito a bit too harshly. But Jayen Lee can pass and distribution of the puck effectively, to another skater to the place where they can simply shoot is rare and he has that gift. That is very enabling skill packaged in a speedy skater but the Billy Sweezey's of the world will wait in hiding to impact those highly skilled players with softer skill sets like placing a threaded pass on the blade of another skater's stick...something the Billy Sweezeys will never be able to do. Jayden Lee, hope you're ok, healing and keep playing as hard as you can and rely on your teammates to warn you from the Sweeziness of lessor skilled hockey players....OK, my rant for the day and apologies for seemingly venting on Billy...and know as a hockey parent, few things make one more proud than watching your son on the ice making those type plays....but as a talent scouting fan, we view that player as a pothole.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
                              Jonathan, any word on Jayden Lee and how serious his injury was? Would he have been able to play this season or did he undergo surgery or longer term injury!? Kid has skills, and I liked his speed and capability to have the opponents defense on their heels.....or in Billy Sweezey's case, braced for impact only and i still believe their may have been some upper cut (accidentally or not) from a stick handle to the chin possibly...maybe i am projecting my disappointment on Billy Sweezey like I did with Luke Esposito a bit too harshly. But Jayen Lee can pass and distribution of the puck effectively, to another skater to the place where they can simply shoot is rare and he has that gift. That is very enabling skill packaged in a speedy skater but the Billy Sweezey's of the world will wait in hiding to impact those highly skilled players with softer skill sets like placing a threaded pass on the blade of another skater's stick...something the Billy Sweezeys will never be able to do. Jayden Lee, hope you're ok, healing and keep playing as hard as you can and rely on your teammates to warn you from the Sweeziness of lessor skilled hockey players....OK, my rant for the day and apologies for seemingly venting on Billy...and know as a hockey parent, few things make one more proud than watching your son on the ice making those type plays....but as a talent scouting fan, we view that player as a pothole.
                              You have to stay off of the tracks to avoid the train. Sweezey wasn't a bad defender and the hit that nobody else seems to be worrying about was clean. Your narrative about that hit keeps changing to suit the bait which I am now biting on. Believe it or not , that "pothole" has one of the highest GPA's on the team, and is walking away with a Yale degree. Also, stop asking about players health on a public message board.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

This azcentral.com article confirms Arizona State will travel to Quinnipiac next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X