This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
    How about this for a new thread: RPI 2020-2021 the Turk and Backin Club. Hold the Fans.
    IMHO the problem with that is that it is not obvious that it refers to a person. Also, I don't do bacon, so someone else would have to start the thread. :-D
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Mike McMahon @MikeMcMahonCHN
      The ECAC is planning on a 20-game schedule. Teams will be broken into a New England division (Princeton, Yale, Brown, Harvard, Dartmouth and QU) and a New York division (Cornell, Clarkson, Colgate, RPI, Union, SLU). 4 games vs. each division opponent. NO games vs. other division.

@MikeMcMahonCHN
      Every team makes playoffs. 6v3 and 5v2 in play-in round (1-game series). Then those winners advance to play 1&2 (who get byes). The ECAC Championship will feature the NY winner vs. the NE winner.
      Wouldn't 0xxxx and 1xxxx Zip Code divisions be more appropriate?
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Mike McMahon @MikeMcMahonCHN
        The ECAC is planning on a 20-game schedule. Teams will be broken into a New England division (Princeton, Yale, Brown, Harvard, Dartmouth and QU) and a New York division (Cornell, Clarkson, Colgate, RPI, Union, SLU). 4 games vs. each division opponent. NO games vs. other division.

@MikeMcMahonCHN
        Every team makes playoffs. 6v3 and 5v2 in play-in round (1-game series). Then those winners advance to play 1&2 (who get byes). The ECAC Championship will feature the NY winner vs. the NE winner.
        This is a positive development. The ECAC better do the right thing and make up a TV package so that its easy for fans to view games...
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post

I like everything about this. Especially the two divisions. I would love to see that continue when we get back to whatever normal will be.
          I am guessing that the games will be played without spectators, but will RPI have a tv crew streaming the games? Will there be announcers and radio coverage for the away games?
          I hope not. No matter how many times I could make it back to HFH in a given season, I could count on attending the Yale and QU road games. This year it's Troy or bust.

I wonder if teams will still play using the split weekend travel partners format (i.e. teams will travel to the Capital District twice to play RPI and Union each time) or will a team come in twice to play a two game set against one opponent (i.e. play RPI one weekend and Union on another). They might even mix it up - playing very close travel partners like Union/RPI and Clarkson/SLU as split weekends and those that are far apart (for example, QU/PU) on a one team per weekend basis.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...90872183074819

Following up - spoke to an ECAC official who said this is one of the scheduling plans, but league admins haven’t voted on anything yet.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              https://twitter.com/MikeMcMahonCHN/s...90872183074819

Following up - spoke to an ECAC official who said this is one of the scheduling plans, but league admins haven’t voted on anything yet.
              Let's hope they can make it work and they can find a way to stream the games. I think the plan is to play home and home each weekend to minimize the exposure each weekend to one team.

Comment

• In honor of Nick Bowman, today is 26 September 2020. There are 7 days (1 week) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• RPI Hockey 2020-2021 - Turk always wished for a Championship season!
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    In honor of Nick Bowman, today is 26 September 2020. There are 7 days (1 week) until RPI's next game.

Speaking of Nick Bowman, there are at least 8 players who are in town.
                    At the golf course where I work part time, there were 2 foresomes of RPI players. One group had Owen Savory, Kyle Hallbauer, Brady Ferner, and Bowman. The other group had Jakub Lacka, Ture Linden, Billy Jerry, and Ottoville Leppanen. I didn’t really get a chance to speak with them, but they all looked healthy and in great spirits.

Comment

• In honor of Brady Ferner, today is 27 September 2020. There are 6 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Coach Smith and his staff, today is 28 September 2020. There are 5 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Mason Klee, today is 29 September 2020. There are 4 days until RPI's next game.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-28-2020, 11:07 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Lauri Sertti, today is 30 September 2020. There are 3 days until RPI's next game.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-30-2020, 03:40 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Simon Kjellberg, today is 1 October 2020. There are 2 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Are you going to start a new thread on Sunday?
                                If so, how about keeping it simple "In memory of Turk".
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X