This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

It says RPI so presumably he's still coming. Aren't sophomores supposed to be taking classes remotely this term? He's a '99 so I wonder if he's bringing in enough credits to be an academic soph.
    Good point about being a soph, but I thought that all athletes would be on campus.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• All sophs are remote (athletes and students). There are some living in the area (students) but can't participate or use school facilities. Some junior athletes are also off campus because their off campus housing did not fit Shirley's COVID requirements of 2 people to share a bathroom and or room sizes too small for social distancing. Next semester all juniors will leave and go to remote learning, both students and athletes, unless something changes.
      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

• In honor of Henri Schreifels, today is 21 September 2020. There are 12 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
          All sophs are remote (athletes and students). There are some living in the area (students) but can't participate or use school facilities. Some junior athletes are also off campus because their off campus housing did not fit Shirley's COVID requirements of 2 people to share a bathroom and or room sizes too small for social distancing. Next semester all juniors will leave and go to remote learning, both students and athletes, unless something changes.
          As Smith mentioned in the Ch. 13 interview, the situation is literally a day to day scenario. It does appear that every effort will be made to attempt something resembling a hockey season (with the ever-present pandemic dictating) and if that happens, the housing situation will be dealt with accordingly. Smith is on the athletic department's COVID "action team" and I am sure that the housing situation is a frequent topic. Given RPI's robust testing operations, they have the capacity to keep a close eye on player health.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• In honor of Ottoville Lepannen, today is 22 September 2020. There are 11 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• https://twitter.com/RPI_HockeyCoach/...25747370954754
              A quick call with the @RPI_Hockey Leadership group brought out some smiles today. The guys are working hard at all the things they can control.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• https://twitter.com/RPI_Hockey/statu...519606274?s=20

Comment

• That is certainly unexpected by me and a shock. I always enjoyed speaking to Bob at the HFH when I went there.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Well, I guess I know who will be mentioned in the title of the in-season thread whenever it happens.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I always enjoyed talking with Turk in front of the boards during pregame, and honestly, a lot of the things he said to me made it on the air, if it was determined it could be divulged. The pregame boards will have a hole in it. Rest free, Turk. ;(
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• In honor of Dylan Davies, today is 23 September 2020. There are 10 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I never met Bob or even knew that was the real name of the mysterious "Turk", but I recognized and respected his passion for our alma mater's flagship sports program. His knowledge and insights will be missed.

Comment

• Rest in peace Turk, you are already missed.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

That is certainly unexpected by me and a shock. I always enjoyed speaking to Bob at the HFH when I went there.
                              Sad news indeed. RIP Turk.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• I had been wondering why Turk had not posted recently, but I thought it was because he was fed up with the forum.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X