No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1G football punts to Fall 2021. No foosball in Spring '21 in the Midwest.

With the big revenue sport making their plans known, I wonder how much effect this will have on hockey which is 'on hold' until January?

(I don't think I'll ever get used to that Big Ten branding graphic. Looks like an alphanumeric error to me.)
    Last edited by fr. joe; 08-12-2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Today is 13 August 2020. There are 51 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post

I'm not sure where that came from as I see colors pretty well. Cherry is far more attractive than crimson.
        probably talking about Ralph since he’s colorblind. These old guys get confused easily
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Has anyone been keeping track of which players have called in so far?
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvf...FUp1L1g/videos

Marshall
          Ashbrook
          Dubinsky
          Jerry
          Bowman
          Linden
          Kjellberg
          Savory
          Babichuk
          Calvaruso

Comment

• Today is 14 August 2020. There are 50 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvf...FUp1L1g/videos

Marshall
              Ashbrook
              Dubinsky
              Jerry
              Bowman
              Linden
              Kjellberg
              Savory
              Babichuk
              Calvaruso
              Thanks. I think I missed a couple when they were posted.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                Amazon has a RPI hockey face mask for sale. It looks good. Not sure why they have it under football :-) Genrics Face Cover Adult Sport Balaclavas for University Football Fans Mouth Cover with Adjustable Earloop
                Has anyone bought this? If so, comments?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Has anyone bought this? If so, comments?
                  I did, but it doesn't ship until Sep 23 - Oct 5. Just in time for hockey season. Can't wait to show them my support in the fall. The picture looks good though.

Comment

• [QUOTE=fr. joe;n3597277

With the big revenue sport making their plans known, I wonder how much effect this will have on hockey which is 'on hold' until January?

No effect. Apples and oranges.

Power five football is a multi million dollar business of mostly public institutions (only a dozen power 5 programs are private) whose decisions are highly influenced by whatever ideology is in place at their respective state houses. Can't be that hard to figure out as even the bunch that call the Feinbaum show are all over it (Tim from Louisiana was the most articulate).

Eastern college hockey are mostly private institutions. Only four are outright public and they are all in one league. Two others are public federal and they are both in another league. Without millions on the line and little or no state house influence to worry about, decisions should be what is best for everybody and not what quarter to half billion dollar corporations did.

Those decisions probably will not involve anything like having players possibly play 20 plus football games in a 10 month period to get back the millions. That sounds really safe for the players and why will not see any college football super stars playing just before the NFL draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by jericho View Post

probably talking about Ralph since he’s colorblind. These old guys get confused easily
                      Not confused about Ralph and colors - just confused using this new board which BTW, I despise with the heat of 1000 suns. often click on the wrong post and comment without realizing. Yes, it was in reference to RB and his history of being color blind.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• The man that many on this thread disparaged for many years (you know who you are) gets pro hockey head coaching job. Congrats to Mr Pegula and the Sabres Organization for a great hire. Hard work pays off. https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabre...3b7f2aebd.html
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          The man that many on this thread disparaged for many years (you know who you are) gets pro hockey head coaching job. Congrats to Mr Pegula and the Sabres Organization for a great hire. Hard work pays off. https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabre...3b7f2aebd.html
                          This belongs in the alumni thread
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

• Today is 15 August 2020. There are 49 days (7 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              The man that many on this thread disparaged for many years (you know who you are) gets pro hockey head coaching job. Congrats to Mr Pegula and the Sabres Organization for a great hire. Hard work pays off. https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabre...3b7f2aebd.html
                              I only met him twice but Seth seemed like a great guy and a fine representative of our school so I'm sure everyone is happy for him. Furthermore, most people (including me) gave hime the benefit of the doubt for a long time despite some very difficult seasons. While there were many contributing factors (some beyond his control), coaching was a significant component of those struggles. Your excited post about him getting a minor league HC job implies that is proof we were wrong. Those jobs are just stepping stones and, by themselves, less desireable than a college slot. Hell, we have an assistant coach on our current staff (at least I hope he's back from furlough and on the staff) that has multiple years of HC experience in the AHL and ECHL, including some very successful seasons. If Seth has great success and continues on to a major league job I'll be the first to admit he's much better than I thought possible after 11 years of mediocre coaching in Troy. In the meantime I'll wish him well and hope that he proves me wrong.

Comment

• Today is 16 August 2020. There are 48 days until RPI's next game.

Oops!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X