No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is 24 July 2020. There are 71 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• “We are thrilled to add a person and promising coach like Nate to the Jackalopes family,” said Jackalopes head coach Jason Fortier in a press release. “I coached Nate several years ago in a spring hockey event and respected his maturity and passion during that event. He told me that weekend, at 19 years old, his true ambition was to work in hockey and possibly be a coach. Nate spent the past season with RPI and their head coach David Smith had nothing but positive praise about Nate.” https://www.mrt.com/sports/article/J...f-15427520.php
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• I see the NCAA has decreed that during the 2020-21 season (assuming we have one), overtimes will be 3-on-3.

I don't see the need for it.

Arguably the most significant game RPI played during 2019-20 was the game against Brown on Dec. 7. The Engineers came into that game with a 2-5-1 record in the ECAC.

RPI scored 36 seconds into overtime to beat Brown, 2-1. From that point forward, they went 11-3 for the rest of the season.

Was 36 seconds not quick enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
          I see the NCAA has decreed that during the 2020-21 season (assuming we have one), overtimes will be 3-on-3.

Arguably the most significant game RPI played during 2019-20 was the game against Brown on Dec. 7. The Engineers came into that game with a 2-5-1 record in the ECAC.

RPI scored 36 seconds into overtime to beat Brown, 2-1. From that point forward, they went 11-3 for the rest of the season.

Was 36 seconds not quick enough?
          Taking one game to "prove " that point is like taking one day or even one year to "prove" there is no global warming. :-D That isn't to say that 3-3 OT is a good idea, although I do favor it to deciding games by shootouts.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Today is 25 July 2020. There are 70 days (10 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              I see the NCAA has decreed that during the 2020-21 season (assuming we have one), overtimes will be 3-on-3.

The stats from the NHL suggest that 3-on-3 overtimes significantly reduced the number of shootouts. Consider this stat from the NHL: "In the first year of 3-on-3, 61.1% of OT games wrapped up before the shootout, up 16.3% from the final year of 4-on-4" (https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey...-better-for-it). I haven't found stats for college leagues that do this. Would think the change would be more dramatic when the shift is from 5-on-5 overtime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                RPI At Home Call In OWEN SAVORY #31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
                This was a good idea by the hockey and/or sports information staff.

Comment

Taking one game to "prove " that point is like taking one day or even one year to "prove" there is no global warming. :-D That isn't to say that 3-3 OT is a good idea, although I do favor it to deciding games by shootouts.
                  Why not go to 2 on 2? Or 1 on 1? perhaps the two goalies can decide the game shooting at each other like the knock hockey game i had as a child?? Spare me all these changes. hockey is hockey, a team sport and should be played just like in the Stanley Cup, until a decision is final. if it is three periods and no overtime, then it is a tie. If it a championship game, play it out to the end and if it takes 5 OT's well, so be it!!! Just an old time hockey fan's opinion. Change is simply not always for the better.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• I don’t know what the big deal about a tie game is all about. Each team gets a point. It wouldn’t kill me if it ended after 60min. As for 3x3. I just don’t see the majority of college teams having the kind of talent we see from the NHL, which I love. I think the college game would be a turnover fest & that would not be the way I would want to see a hard fought 60min. game end.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Today is 26 July 2020. There are 69 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        I don’t know what the big deal about a tie game is all about . . . It wouldn’t kill me if it ended after 60min.
                        I think there is a sense, rightly or wrongly, that the current design has fostered boring and defensive hockey. That said, I also wouldn't mind the elimination of the overtime for the regular season games, but if that is done I think it would also be a good idea to award 3 points for a win, instead of 2.

Comment

• I have watched a few MLB games and enjoy the cardboard cut out 'fans' that season ticket holders can buy to sit on the seats. If the Engineers can play games and fans are not allowed, I would buy a cut out to occupy my seat. But then the question is who would I want on that cut out? Oh I could always pick a star from the past like Oates or Juneau. But maybe Ralph Baer would be best! He makes Engineer hockey better for all of us. Imagine a field house packed with Ralph Baers. Certainly would add a nice touch to an otherwise difficult time.

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                            I have watched a few MLB games and enjoy the cardboard cut out 'fans' that season ticket holders can buy to sit on the seats. If the Engineers can play games and fans are not allowed, I would buy a cut out to occupy my seat. But then the question is who would I want on that cut out? Oh I could always pick a star from the past like Oates or Juneau. But maybe Ralph Baer would be best! He makes Engineer hockey better for all of us. Imagine a field house packed with Ralph Baers. Certainly would add a nice touch to an otherwise difficult time.
                            I wouldn't block anyone's view. ;-)
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                              I have watched a few MLB games and enjoy the cardboard cut out 'fans' that season ticket holders can buy to sit on the seats. If the Engineers can play games and fans are not allowed, I would buy a cut out to occupy my seat. But then the question is who would I want on that cut out? Oh I could always pick a star from the past like Oates or Juneau. But maybe Ralph Baer would be best! He makes Engineer hockey better for all of us. Imagine a field house packed with Ralph Baers. Certainly would add a nice touch to an otherwise difficult time.
                              Problem is as the 3rd period gets to the last several minutes you would see every cardboard cut-out.....”cutout”.

Comment

I wouldn't block anyone's view. ;-)
                                and Shirley’s bodyguards could easily knock them over

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X