Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
    Looks like the first off the board is Liam Izyk who chose BC. Eligible this coming season..... https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/198342/liam-izyk
    Would he be eligible if the UAH program is given a reprieve?
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Yes, he would be.

Long standing exemption to the transfer rules... I recall when Penn pulled the plug on their team in 76-77, about six of their players turned up at Cornell and three at Harvard the next season.

Comment

I don't think we're going to go for any of their players. Our roster for the upcoming season has been set for some time now

Comment

As I read the rules, yes. (See "14.5.5.2.6 Discontinued/Nonsponsored Sport Exception": https://www.ncaapublications.com/pro...0.pdf#page=200). The public announcement of the discontinuation triggers the free transfer and there is no corresponding provision that the school can claw the player back.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
            Yes, he would be.

Long standing exemption to the transfer rules... I recall when Penn pulled the plug on their team in 76-77, about six of their players turned up at Cornell and three at Harvard the next season.
            I release that. I just wondered if it would still be the case if they did not actually cancel the program.

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
            As I read the rules, yes. (See "14.5.5.2.6 Discontinued/Nonsponsored Sport Exception": https://www.ncaapublications.com/pro...0.pdf#page=200). The public announcement of the discontinuation triggers the free transfer and there is no corresponding provision that the school can claw the player back.
            I suspect that you are right.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Quinnipiac has announced their academic plans. They will begin with on-line classes in the last week of August while they do staggered student returns and testing of all students. Classroom education will begin on or about Labor Day with on-site education ending at the Thanksgiving Break. Reviews and final exam will be done on-line with students remaining at home. The announcement said nothing about their athletic plans. However, since they don't plan to have on campus facilities open post-Thanksgiving that doesn't look good for hockey, particularly if the rationale is to keep outside infections from propagating onto campus. It would seem that bringing thousands of members of the general public to the Peoples United Bank Center over several hours for games starting in October would just give the threat a potential month and a half head start.

Comment

Today is 27 May 2020. There are 129 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Vote for Puckman in the Fuzzy Four,

https://old.reddit.com/r/collegehock...he_fuzzy_four/

The previous round went 94-17.
                  I finally got around to post about this on the RPI Sports list. We soon got over 30 more votes.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                    Quinnipiac has announced their academic plans. They will begin with on-line classes in the last week of August while they do staggered student returns and testing of all students. Classroom education will begin on or about Labor Day with on-site education ending at the Thanksgiving Break. Reviews and final exam will be done on-line with students remaining at home. The announcement said nothing about their athletic plans. However, since they don't plan to have on campus facilities open post-Thanksgiving that doesn't look good for hockey, particularly if the rationale is to keep outside infections from propagating onto campus. It would seem that bringing thousands of members of the general public to the Peoples United Bank Center over several hours for games starting in October would just give the threat a potential month and a half head start.
                    The new normal for this Fall?

Comment

Vote for Puckman in the Fuzzy Four,

https://old.reddit.com/r/collegehock...he_fuzzy_four/

The previous round went 94-17.
                      This round through 4:20 pm? 119-31, Puckman. Pour it on, Puckman!

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                        I don't think we're going to go for any of their players. Our roster for the upcoming season has been set for some time now
                        I would think most schools rosters have been set as ours had. I wonder how many UAH players will find spots? I imagine this will complicate things a bit for players who entered the portal only to find the portal suddenly hit with a whole team of players looking for a new place to play. 5 players on this years UAH roster were juniors this year. It’s interesting players are moving to new teams without knowing if there will be games. And for seniors new to a team and a new school what do you do?

Comment

I finally got around to post about this on the RPI Sports list. We soon got over 30 more votes.
                          What is this RPI Sports list? First, I'm hearing of something like it, and it sounds like something I'd want to check out

Comment

Today is 28 May 2020. There are 128 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                              What is this RPI Sports list? First, I'm hearing of something like it, and it sounds like something I'd want to check out
                              It's a mailing list on lists.rpi.edu run by Charlene Markham, who also used to post here as cmmarkham, but doesn't much anymore . It has been around so long that I don't recall how one joins it. It is mainly about hockey. One sends messages to rpisport@lists.rpi.edu to post them. You can contact her through USCHO.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-27-2020, 11:55 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                                I would think most schools rosters have been set as ours had. I wonder how many UAH players will find spots? I imagine this will complicate things a bit for players who entered the portal only to find the portal suddenly hit with a whole team of players looking for a new place to play. 5 players on this years UAH roster were juniors this year. It’s interesting players are moving to new teams without knowing if there will be games. And for seniors new to a team and a new school what do you do?
                                There is LIU which needs a whole roster.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X