RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

According to wikipedia, RPI is 1 regular season win away from 1000 total regular season victories.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
      According to wikipedia, RPI is 1 regular season win away from 1000 total regular season victories.
      Can't wait to see what our boys do next year. I'm sure this years team would have liked to have gotten the 1000 but if there is a season, and I'm certain there will be, #1000 will come early. Can't wait to see the celebration for that one.

Comment

Puckman advanced to the Sweet 16 89-11. https://old.reddit.com/r/collegehock...ness_sweet_16/

Vote again. https://strawpoll.com/1ap7xskb

Edit: It looks like this one may be close.
        Edit 2: Well maybe it won't be that close.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-19-2020, 04:18 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have that we have 1083 victories in total. That means we have had 84 post-season wins. I suppose that is possible.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I have that we have 1083 victories in total. That means we have had 84 post-season wins. I suppose that is possible.
            Turns out wikipedia is wrong. They do not include this year's results. The 1000th regular season victory was in October at UConn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...hockey_seasons

Comment

Originally posted by RPI22Parent View Post
              Can't wait to see what our boys do next year. I'm sure this years team would have liked to have gotten the 1000 but if there is a season, and I'm certain there will be, #1000 will come early. Can't wait to see the celebration for that one.
              I also am very excited for next year's team. There will be the question of where the scoring will come from to replace all the lost senior production, but our defense should be among the best in the country. To replace the scoring, some players will need to step up, and a couple freshmen will need to be immediate contributors. I am optimistic that this can happen though; just look at the growth in production from players like Marrello and Gornall. No one would have expected those contributions, but Coach Smith has proven to me that he can develop players.

As of now, RPI is planning on opening in the Fall and competing athletically, but I would not be surprised if they start with no fans allowed at the games. It would be unfortunate, but I will take any type of season given to us.

Comment

Turns out wikipedia is wrong. They do not include this year's results. The 1000th regular season victory was in October at UConn

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...hockey_seasons
                I had the honor of being at the Civic Center for that one but I was unaware of its significance. What I did see was a solid two way effort from the team - the first indication that this team had the potential for a strong season.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  I also am very excited for next year's team. There will be the question of where the scoring will come from to replace all the lost senior production, but our defense should be among the best in the country. To replace the scoring, some players will need to step up, and a couple freshmen will need to be immediate contributors. I am optimistic that this can happen though; just look at the growth in production from players like Marrello and Gornall. No one would have expected those contributions, but Coach Smith has proven to me that he can develop players.

As of now, RPI is planning on opening in the Fall and competing athletically, but I would not be surprised if they start with no fans allowed at the games. It would be unfortunate, but I will take any type of season given to us.
                  Looks like WRPI will be very important this year...
                  Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Today is 20 May 2020. There are 136 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      For some of us, it has been very important for a long time.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        For those of us that are out of town or can only get to a limited number of games at the Field House, WRPI is important every year (either standalone or via RPI TV). Even on weekends when I can make it for Saturday night I'm often driving up on Friday listening to the game in pieces as my phone's connection goes in and out on the Taconic Parkway. Once I get north of Hudson then I can start trying to pick up the FM broadcast.

As for the road games, even though I have an ESPN+ subscription I so much prefer our announcers to the collection employed by some of our ECAC partners that I'll often listen to the game live on WRPI with the TV broadcast in the background so I can rewind to critical plays. I've tried listening to WRPI and watching ESPN+ simultaneously but the lack of synchronization makes it a bit too chaotic. I wish the option to select home or road voice overs was available but that might make for a complicated rights ownership situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          For some of us, it has been very important for a long time.
                          You got that right.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Notre Dame announced that they will begin fall semester on campus the week of 8/10/20. (see ND.edu)
                            I have heard that other schools are planning the same thing,
                            Has anyone heard anything like that from RPI?
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              Notre Dame announced that they will begin fall semester on campus the week of 8/10/20. (see ND.edu)
                              I have heard that other schools are planning the same thing,
                              Has anyone heard anything like that from RPI?
                              Dr. Jackson held a virtual town hall last week. Here is an overview of what was said there. https://old.reddit.com/r/RPI/comment...hall_synopsis/
                              RPI is planning on returning in the fall with lots of restrictions and precautions. Of course, if the situation worsens, the possibility of another online semester still exists

Comment

With the loss of RPI Hockey's season that no doubt was pointed for the most success they would have had in quite some time I decided to make highlight videos for each of the seniors to remember their careers from. First up was the captain himself Will Reilly fressh off inking a contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9-m...hzelZzpuzKDk6c

Comment

Working...
                                X