X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    As for non-conference opponents, he could not say because of the way COVID-19 might affect the schedule, but he did say that we have a series with Canisius over the next few seasons.
    One more thing, he said that he could talk about 7 of the 9 incoming players. I assume the two he can't talk about are McIaaac and the transfer. McIsaac isn't in the directory yet so hasn't gotten through admissions. (I don't know the hangup.) Since I don't know who the transfer is, I haven't checked the directory. I really should check all the known possibilities. However whoever it is probably hasn't gotten through admissions yet.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Exactly. At the time I wondered if he meant Burgess also, but he clarified it. Namely, we lost TB.

BTW, congrats on having the first question.
      I was very embarrassed when he read my name out loud. A couple of my friends on the call messaged me when that happened

I hope the transfer that we are bringing in is good.

Comment

I really liked when he talked about working with and leveraging the hockey alumni - mentioning a number of them by name. When he was hired we heard all about how the alums were ****ed because they weren't involved enough in the process and one of their own was a finalist that didn't make it. Coach Smith appears determined to mend any broken bonds and build new ones. He spoke about not only how the alums are helping the program (particularly recruiting referrals and resources) but also offering employment opportunities to new alumni hockey players. Coach gets it and I think the program will be the better for it in the future.
        Last edited by rpi82; 05-07-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

One more thing, he said that he could talk about 7 of the 9 incoming players. I assume the two he can't talk about are McIaaac and the transfer. McIsaac isn't in the directory yet so hasn't gotten through admissions. (I don't know the hangup.) Since I don't know who the transfer is, I haven't checked the directory. I really should check all the known possibilities. However whoever it is probably hasn't gotten through admissions yet.
          Jerry Harding - Fr
          Matt Tugnutt - Jr
          Mitchel Slattery- Jr
          Adam Roeder - Jr
          Mitch Meek - Jr
          Shane Sellar - Jr
          Zach Risteau - So
          Garrett Metcalf - Jr
          Jake Kucharski - Fr

Here is the list of known transfers with unknown commitments. I believe he said we are going to have 4 seniors on the roster, so it must be a grad transfer who has completed his junior year. Based on the positional numbers, it must also be a forward. That leaves us with:

Matt Tugnutt - Jr
          Mitchel Slattery- Jr
          Shane Sellar - Jr

Praying it is not Slattery. Tugnutt and Sellar would be excellent additions

Comment

I was very embarrassed when he read my name out loud. A couple of my friends on the call messaged me when that happened

I missed the transfer reference (got business call right in the middle). Did he say whether it's a grad transfer or undergrad? He made a point that you win, particularly at RPI, with seniors. Well, that's not going to be the strength of the team next year. The more advanced the transfer the better (in the short term anyway).

Comment

He also mentioned RPI82 by name.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jerry Harding - Fr
                Matt Tugnutt - Jr
                Mitchel Slattery- Jr
                Adam Roeder - Jr
                Mitch Meek - Jr
                Shane Sellar - Jr
                Zach Risteau - So
                Garrett Metcalf - Jr
                Jake Kucharski - Fr

Here is the list of known transfers with unknown commitments. I believe he said we are going to have 4 seniors on the roster, so it must be a grad transfer who has completed his junior year. Based on the positional numbers, it must also be a forward. That leaves us with:

Matt Tugnutt - Jr
                Mitchel Slattery- Jr
                Shane Sellar - Jr

None are in the directory.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Guess who Liltugger19 is......hmmmmmm. Just a thought
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Jerry Harding - Fr
                    Matt Tugnutt - Jr
                    Mitchel Slattery- Jr
                    Adam Roeder - Jr
                    Mitch Meek - Jr
                    Shane Sellar - Jr
                    Zach Risteau - So
                    Garrett Metcalf - Jr
                    Jake Kucharski - Fr

Matt Tugnutt - Jr
                    Mitchel Slattery- Jr
                    Shane Sellar - Jr

I've been on the Sellar's bandwagon for a while now, so I'll stick with it. The fact the he has not yet announced and that he was a Biology major at Dartmouth is keeping me hopeful. Tugnutt was a Sports Management major, so I'm not sure he's a grad school fit academically. But I'd be more than happy to have either or both....
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

None are in the directory.
                      Probably the transfer and McIsaac that he couldn't talk about like you said since they are not in the directory.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        Guess who Liltugger19 is......hmmmmmm. Just a thought
                        It is a thought.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          I've been on the Sellar's bandwagon for a while now, so I'll stick with it. The fact the he has not yet announced and that he was a Biology major at Dartmouth is keeping me hopeful. Tugnutt was a Sports Management major, so I'm not sure he's a grad school fit academically. But I'd be more than happy to have either or both....
                          FWIW, I had heard we were bringing in a grad transfer at the end of February (I'm pretty sure I posted that on here, but I'm not going to dig). According to Mike McMahon's tweet, Slattery and Tugnutt both entered the transfer portal on March 23rd, well after when I heard that. If that is correct, then that leaves only one player...

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                            I missed the transfer reference (got business call right in the middle). Did he say whether it's a grad transfer or undergrad? He made a point that you win, particularly at RPI, with seniors. Well, that's not going to be the strength of the team next year. The more advanced the transfer the better (in the short term anyway).
                            Apparently a grad transfer. He didn't say that but said there would be 4 seniors.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, I had heard we were bringing in a grad transfer at the end of February (I'm pretty sure I posted that on here, but I'm not going to dig). According to Mike McMahon's tweet, Slattery and Tugnutt both entered the transfer portal on March 23rd, well after when I heard that. If that is correct, then that leaves only one player...
                              .....but is the March 23 date the date they actually entered the transfer portal or the date McMahon posted it on twitter?
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                                .....but is the March 23 date the date they actually entered the transfer portal or the date McMahon posted it on twitter?
                                In his tweet, he says "entered yesterday".

Comment

Working...
                                X