X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Hopefully Smitty will take care of his staff while they are idled....
    I wonder how he would do that? You don't expect him to share some of his salary do you? It would be interesting to know what other Division 1 programs are doing regarding their respective staffs. I'm sure that the sport of hockey is not the only victim. I know there are no games being played to view ... however, your recruiting strategy would be shifted to reviewing game film of potential student athletes. This is also the week they were expected to be in Naples for their annual coaches meeting.
    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
      Anyone notice the alumni e-mail that SAJ benevolently took a 5% pay cut? Hell must be freezing over.
      Is that salary figure correct that was stated on Tucker Carlson?

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
        Anyone notice the alumni e-mail that SAJ benevolently took a 5% pay cut? Hell must be freezing over.
        I didn't read it until now.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
          "More than $4,800,000" is what was stated. Times Union said last year she gets 5.8 million, while Bloomberg reported over 7 million a few years back. Keep in mind she's on several corporate boards, and I don't know which figures include or exclude those compensations. So I'd say it's very likely that what was reported was the truth.

RPI was likely singled out because SAJ was reported to be the highest paid college president in the country at at least one point; I don't know if she still is.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
            So how much of a salary did they say Tucker Carlson makes, anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              Not enough to retire those really juvenile bow ties. Reminds me of John Boy Walton taking classes at UVa.

Comment

Today is 25 April 2020. There are 161 days (23 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                  Whatever he reported, I thought it was a rather low estimate based on what I saw from published numbers in 2017 and 2018. Her 'straight' salary is listed those years as about 1.1 million. However when you add in all the other numbers shown (deferred compensation, etc) it was well over 5 million back then. I am also fairly sure there are lots of other little tidbits not included or shown like compensation for her residence or travel etc.
                  BTW if she did indeed take a 5% cut in salary, I could live quite well on the $290,000 it should be but I'll bet that the 5% was a cut in her base salary only which might amount to $55,000.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                    Not enough to retire those really juvenile bow ties. Reminds me of John Boy Walton taking classes at UVa.
                    You have not been watching at all for some time. Have not seen a bow tie in ages, but then again, I do not watch every night.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...s-15223935.php

Very kind of her
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

RPI Hockey is prob not the only program to furlough assistants but the first to make the news. This is a very dangerous time for RPI Hockey bx I could see a scenario where Shirley either starves the program to death (already, woefully underfunded) or nukes it all together in the name of cost cutting in this crazy time. This is not the first time this has happened. The great Garry Kearns saved the program from being extinct in the 60s.
                        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Hopefully Smitty will take care of his staff while they are idled....
                          It will be hard for him. I always suspected they got him on the cheap bx they had to pay out SA aka OGC.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI22Parent View Post
                            Not that the Houston renovations are ever going to take place but that money should have been more then enough to cover all of the employees that were furloughed.
                            Dave was lied too. That was never going to happen. As the patrons of this thread know I said it the day Shirley and Lee stated they would be doing renovations.

Comment

He's looking for work.

Brad Tapper looks a lot different than when he was at RPI.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-25-2020, 06:03 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

According to the schedules thread, NU will be at RPI for either 1 or 2 games.

Assuming that the game is actually played and fans are allowed in, everybody boo Gunnarwolfe Fontaine.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X