No announcement yet.

RPI 2020 Off-season: Off-season Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In honor of Jake Johnson today is 10 September 2020. There are 23 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 3 October 2020 for the start of next season.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post

This is a great interview - Very nice insight to Coach's philosophy on team building and the direction of the program. Had no idea how day-to-day things were (and still are) regarding the start of the season.
      You beat me to it...was going to say the same thing. Good job by Chris Onorato for putting it together. I would love to have this as a regular, periodic interview
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Jake Gagnon scoring an OT goal.
        https://twitter.com/RPI_Hockey/statu...54400209408002
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Hockey Commissioners stated the obvious today, announcing that the season would not be starting on time. Some leagues are eyeballing a November possible start and most teams are skating -- in small groups.

https://www.nny360.com/sports/colleg...7b0c05658.html
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• In honor of Cory Babichuk today is 11 September 2020. There are 22 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Utica OD story on the HCA announcement...impacting Colgate and DIII Utica . The piece failed to gather any updates or quotes from any Colgate or Utica coaches, but does mention an email from Hagwell:

"...ECAC Hockey Commissioner Steve Hagwell said in an email Thursday that the conference is “working on Return to Play protocols and schedule models for league contests in 2020-21.”

The ECAC said in July there was a focus on a “balanced scheduling approach that includes league contests and opportunities for member institutions to play non-league opponents. Such models are being compiled as options given the ever-changing conditions created by the COVID-19 pandemic.”

https://www.uticaod.com/sports/20200...ision-i-season

Comment

• In honor of Louie Helsen, today is 12 September 2020. There are 21 days (3 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I got tested on campus yesterday by none other than Norris himself. Turns out they are "off furlough" means that they all just run the testing center from 9-5 every day. This is not just Norris and the Fieldhouse staff. This includes the assistant coaches for both the men's and women's team. Their options were to remain on furlough or return to working at RPI at the testing center. So all the staff is technically back, but none of them are actually doing work for their actual job (unless they do it outside of the work day). Of course, this excludes DS who was never on furlough.

On another note, I know the team has started working out in small groups. I'm not sure if they have started skating on the ice yet though.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    I got tested on campus yesterday by none other than Norris himself. Turns out they are "off furlough" means that they all just run the testing center from 9-5 every day. This is not just Norris and the Fieldhouse staff. This includes the assistant coaches for both the men's and women's team. Their options were to remain on furlough or return to working at RPI at the testing center. So all the staff is technically back, but none of them are actually doing work for their actual job (unless they do it outside of the work day). Of course, this excludes DS who was never on furlough.

On another note, I know the team has started working out in small groups. I'm not sure if they have started skating on the ice yet though.
                    That's going to hurt our recruiting efforts. It's a good thing that we are most likely not looking for anyone for 2021.

BTW, I hope that you passed.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Billy Jerry, today is 13 September 2020. There are 20 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

That's going to hurt our recruiting efforts. It's a good thing that we are most likely not looking for anyone for 2021.

BTW, I hope that you passed.
                        it’s RPI, it was graded on a curve
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• In honor of Ture Linden, today is 14 September 2020. There are 19 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• In honor of Daniel DiGrande, today is 15 September 2020. There are 18 days until RPI's next game.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-15-2020, 11:30 PM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Lauri Sertti checking someone
                              https://twitter.com/RPI_Hockey/statu...20484482678785
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I think that the short video tweets for only Davies and Nykanen haven't been posted yet.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X